• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JESUS, God, the Ordinal First and Last

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
was they? but at the cross they were
:thumbsup: Good! The story in Acts 2 does not describe mourning as they would for a first born son.

So, Zechariah 12:1-9 doesn't match the story in Acts 2. :heavycheck: You admitted that yesterday.
The last part of Zechariah 12:10 doesn't match Acts 2. :heavycheck: You admitted that this morning.
The only part that matches is the idea of pouring out spirit.

the OT Scriptures and the NT scriptures they are in agreement

Here is a visual representation of the so-called "agreement" between Acts 2 and Zechariah 12.

1The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
2Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. 4In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness. 5And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.6In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem. 7The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah. 8In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. 9And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. 11In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. 12And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart; 13The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart; 14All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

Isaiah 29:10 "For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered."

The only way to claim Zechariah's prophecy in chapter 12 is fulfilled in Acts 2 is to close their eyes to what is actually written.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
no, it came from God Read 1 Corinthians again...... (smile) .....

101G.
Referring me to the Christian bible shows the Christian bible is a different religion than the Hebrew bible and possibly comes from a different source.

Referring me to Paul is even worse because it's nothing more than commentary. You *do* know what commentary is, correct? Commentary is one person's opinion. And I've shown how Paul was wrong in Galatians, and wrong in Hebrews. His writing does not accurately describe the Hebrew bible.

That's why it's required to make your case using the Hebrew bible to show that they are in agreement. If the goal is to show the Christian bible added to and made changes to the Hebrew bible, then please proceed to bring those examples.

101G

I have tried to read through all of the posts in this thread. And all i am left with is one question.

@101G Do you believe you are the only one with the correct answer when it comes to belief.
First thanks for the reply.
second, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this truth beside the Lord Jesus, the apostles and the early church disciples.
what I believe is backed up by the bible God's Holy Word. and all the early church apostles and disciples believed the same. so 101G is in Good company.

now all my finding can be checked. and supportive by scripture, and word search definitions. 101G follow the Lord Jesus and his chosen apostles.

so I'm very confident in the Lord Jesus as to what I believe.

thanks for the asking.

101G.

101G

So, Zechariah 12:1-9 doesn't match the story in Acts 2. .
The last part of Zechariah 12:10 doesn't match Acts 2.
let's get it right. 101G said, Zechariah 12:10 describe both the passion of Christ/God in flesh, the Lord Jesus, the Ordinals Last, on the Cross as to who was pierced,

and that God poured out his Spirit on the day of Pentecost, the Spirit of grace and of supplications.

Now, dybmh. since you used Acts 2 to try and disprove Zechariah 12:10 of God being pierced, now you have to use all of the New Testament scriptures.

let's get to work. since it was the Lord Jesus who poured out his Spirit on the day of Pentecost, the Spirit of grace and of supplications. Question, GRACE and TRUTH came by Jesus the Christ correct, (see John 1:17)

and since the Lord Jesus is the TRUTH, (see John 14:6). and the Spirit is the TRUTH, then it's the same one person. the Spirit of TRUTH, and the Spirit of grace and of supplications is the SAME ONE SPIRIT, MEANING THE SAME ONE PERSON. is this correct, Yes or No?

I'll be looking for your answer.

Attachments

• clear.png
    clear.png
    137 bytes · Views: 0

101G

Referring me to the Christian bible shows the Christian bible is a different religion than the Hebrew bible and possibly comes from a different source.
no it's not, we serve the same ONE GOD, for us it's the Lord Jesus, God almighty, per Isaiah 9:6.
Referring me to Paul is even worse because it's nothing more than commentary. You *do* know what commentary is, correct? Commentary is one person's opinion. And I've shown how Paul was wrong in Galatians, and wrong in Hebrews. His writing does not accurately describe the Hebrew bible.
another ERROR. if someone tells you something about God.... TRUE or False, then Goto God and ask him, he want LIE to YOU.

and as for the apostle Paul he is on target concering God, the First and the Last. before you put someone down, as said Goto God first.
And I've shown how Paul was wrong in Galatians, and wrong in Hebrews. His writing does not accurately describe the Hebrew bible.
another ERROR on your Part. did you UNDERSTAND what God said by his apostle? again goto God in in pray and ask.
That's why it's required to make your case using the Hebrew bible to show that they are in agreement. I
context will win out, God Holy Word will not CHANGE with or without your or MINE "AGREEMENT" it is God word that will stand. without mine or your help.
If the goal is to show the Christian bible added to and made changes to the Hebrew bible, then please proceed to bring those examples.
No changes, just recorded facts as to what is written and what was written. again, if in doubt goto God in prayer.

101G.

101G

to all,
what the Hebrew say will confirm what the New Testament bible says. for the OT is the NT hidden, and the NT is the OT REVEALD. I believe this with all my heart and soul.

what was written afore is for our Learning. LET THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDE US IN ALL TRUTH.

and this one truth is, JESUS is the ONLY TRUE and LIVING GOD, who came in flesh as the "ECHAD" of himself...... "FIRST and LAST"

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
let's get it right. 101G said, Zechariah 12:10 describe both the passion of Christ/God in flesh, the Lord Jesus, the Ordinals Last, on the Cross as to who was pierced,

and that God poured out his Spirit on the day of Pentecost, the Spirit of grace and of supplications.
101G is ignoring the entire chapter 12 of Zechariah, closing his eyes to what it says.

Then 101G takes Zechariah 12:10 splits it into two peices, and still has to ignore the last half of it.

Now, dybmh. since you used Acts 2 to try and disprove Zechariah 12:10 of God being pierced, now you have to use all of the New Testament scriptures.
:rolleyes:
let's get to work. since it was the Lord Jesus who poured out his Spirit on the day of Pentecost, the Spirit of grace and of supplications. Question, GRACE and TRUTH came by Jesus the Christ correct, (see John 1:17)
Grace? Not for Jews. Truth? Nah.
and since the Lord Jesus is the TRUTH, (see John 14:6). and the Spirit is the TRUTH, then it's the same one person. the Spirit of TRUTH, and the Spirit of grace and of supplications is the SAME ONE SPIRIT, MEANING THE SAME ONE PERSON. is this correct, Yes or No?
No, Jesus is not the LORD as described in Zechariah 12. Those who will be pierced will be the ones in Jerusalem by the nations, and on that day the nations will mourn.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
no it's not, we serve the same ONE GOD, for us it's the Lord Jesus, God almighty, per Isaiah 9:6.
Isaiah 9:6 is a dead-end for Jesus. He never had any governments on his shoulders. FAIL!
another ERROR. if someone tells you something about God.... TRUE or False, then Goto God and ask him, he want LIE to YOU.

and as for the apostle Paul he is on target concering God, the First and the Last. before you put someone down, as said Goto God first.
Paul is wrong in Galatians ( as I've shown you already ) wrong in Hebrews ( as I think I've shown you already ). At best his writing is commentary, deeply flawed commentary. He is the author of a man made religion.
another ERROR on your Part. did you UNDERSTAND what God said by his apostle? again goto God in in pray and ask.
Absolutley understood. God warned me about people like paul and Jesus. Wayyyyyy back in Genesis 3.
context will win out, God Holy Word will not CHANGE with or without your or MINE "AGREEMENT" it is God word that will stand. without mine or your help.
HAH! You are ignoring the context in Zecharia 12. The whole chapter is ignored except for half a sentence. You have admitted it! The whole chapter is 461 words in english, and you ignore all but 32 words. And you have to split those in half to make it fit with the Christian bible.

That is ignoring 93% of the prophecy! Split that in half and leaves 3.5% of the prophecy in Acts and 3.5% of the prophecy on the cross. Huge-mega-fail.
No changes, just recorded facts as to what is written and what was written. again, if in doubt goto God in prayer.
No doubts, I'm just here trying to keep you honest.

101G

101G is ignoring the entire chapter 12 of Zechariah, closing his eyes to what it says.
open your eyes to verse 10, an entire chapter can contain several topic...
Then 101G takes Zechariah 12:10 splits it into two peices, and still has to ignore the last half of it.
your opinion again? ..... lol, lol, lol
Grace? Not for Jews. Truth? Nah.
post scripture for that.
No, Jesus is not the LORD as described in Zechariah 12. Those who will be pierced will be the ones in Jerusalem, and on that day the nations will mourn.
another ERROR on your part. Jesus is the LORD, and the Lord.... (smile), ... LOL, Oh dear.
since you want address what I asked, again, is not the Lord Jesus the Spirit of Grace and supplications, yes or NO? your answer please.

101G.

101G

Isaiah 9:6 is a dead-end for Jesus. He never had any governments on his shoulders. FAIL!
is he not the KING? the Governor? supportive scripture, Psalms 22:28 "For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations." and is he not the KING of the Kingdom of God? is he not Governor of the Nations? read Psalms 22:28 again.... (smile).
Paul is wrong in Galatians ( as I've shown you already ) wrong in Hebrews ( as I think I've shown you already ). At best his writing is commentary, deeply flawed commentary. He is the author of a man made religion.
ERROR, the apostle is Correct in all his epistles. so you're dismissed there.
Absolutley understood. God warned me about people like paul and Jesus. Wayyyyyy back in Genesis 3.
please tell us what God, Jesus, warned you about?
HAH! You are ignoring the context in Zecharia 12. The whole chapter is ignored except for half a sentence. You have admitted it! The whole chapter is 461 words in english, and you ignore all but 32 words. And you have to split those in half to make it fit with the Christian bible.
personal Opinions again. you know what I do with them..... :D YIKES!
That is ignoring 93% of the prophecy! Split that in half and leaves 3.5% of the prophecy in Acts and 3.5% of the prophecy on the cross. Huge-mega-fail.
see above.... (smile)
No doubts, I'm just here trying to keep you honest.
you're .... JUST HERE ....... (smile) .lol, lol, lol, Oh my

now once again. is not the Lord Jesus the Spirit of grace and of supplications, in Z12:10, yes or No? .....:D

101G

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
open your eyes to verse 10, an entire chapter can contain several topic...
No, not in this chapter. It's all one prophecy.

Here: ( using your preferred translation )

1The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

2Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. 4In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness. 5And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.

6In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem. 7The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah. 8In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. 9And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. 11In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. 12And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart; 13The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart; 14All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

{ continued in Chapter 13 }

1In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

2And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land. 3And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth. 4And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive: 5But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth. 6And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

101G

No, not in this chapter. It's all one prophecy.

Here: ( using your preferred translation )

2Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. 4In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness. 5And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.

6In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem. 7The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah. 8In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. 9And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

{ continued in Chapter 13 }

1In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

2And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land. 3And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth. 4And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive: 5But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth. 6And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.
And there are many events in the chapter example,
2And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land. 3And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth.
when did these happen? just for an example?

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
your opinion again? ..... lol, lol, lol
Ah! You are not being honest!

Here ^^ you said verse 12 describes the peircing ( that's on the cross ). But you have admitted that the story at pentacost does NOT have your lord being pierced. That splits the verse in half.

And you have admitted that no one is mounring in the story at pentacost, certainly not like someone who has lost their own first born. That's ignoring the last part of the verse.

Please be honest.
post scripture for that.
Sure! No doubt you'll try to wiggle out of these, but, here you go!
  1. Jesus is not the spirit of grace, he came to bring division! Luke 12:51.
  2. Jesus is not the spirit of grace, he cursed a fig tree instead of forgiving it! Mark 11:12-14 Matthew 21:18-19
  3. Jesus is not the spirit of grace, he demands people love him more than their parents or their children! Matthew 10:37
  4. Jesus is not the spirit of grace, he is impatient with a man seeking healing! Luke 9:40-41
  5. Jesus is not the spirit of grace, if you are not with him, you should get burned in the fire! John 15:5-6
  6. Jesus is not the spirit of grace, he denied his natural mother an audience! Matthew 12:47-48
  1. Jesus is not the spirit of truth, he says his father has been working continuously ( John 5:17 ), and this should excuse him from working on the Sabbath. but God ceased work on the 7th day of creation ( Genesis 2:2). Or maybe Jesus' father isn't God.
  2. Jesus is not the spirit of truth, he says he will do anything if asked in his name ( John 14:13-14 ). Go ahead and test it! Ask Jesus to give you my mother's maiden name then post it here so that the-father is glorified in the son. Betcha can't do it, because Jesus is not the spirit of truth.
  3. Jesus is not the spirit of truth, he lies to the Pharisees. He says he and the father are two, which would mean, in theory, if it were true, he doesn't need another witness. ( John 8:17-18 ). But that's a lie, just a few chapters later Jesus says he and the father are one. ( John 10:30 ).
  4. Jesus is not the spirit of truth, he says "Truly, truly, I tell you, you will all see heaven open and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man." ( John 1:51 ) - Not truly true.
  5. Jesus is not the spirit of truth, he says "Truly, truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of Man, you have no life in you" ( John 6:53 ) - not truly true.
  6. Jesus is not the spirit of truth, he says "Truly, truly, I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. " ( John 8:34 ) Not truly true. Numbers 31:50-51, Proverbs 16:6.
  7. Jesus is not the spirit of truth, he says "Truly, truly, I tell you, if anyone keeps My word, he will never see death.” ( John 8:51 ) - Not truly true, Christians continue to die. Or maybe no one is keeping Jesus' word.
Notice how all those are from the Book of John. That book is kind of a disaster. Anyway, Truly, truly means it must be true in all ways. Not symbolically, not metaphorically, not hyberbolically. It must be truly true in all ways, else Jesus is a liar. Regarding the others, maybe they're half true? That's fine, then Jesus is the spirit of half-truths.

Enjoy!

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
please tell us what God, Jesus, warned you about?
Well, Jesus isn't God, of course. But,

Jesus, similar to the serpent, tempts people to be like a god, working wonders like him, and having eternal life like a god. The lesson learned from the garden of eden story is, don't listen to someone if they're using temptation like that to motivate you.

In addition to using temptation, the serpent operates in half-truths / double-speak, and claims to know what God knows. That's Paul! Half-truths, or outright lies...
personal Opinions again. you know what I do with them..... :D YIKES!
I know you say one thing, then a few posts later deny it.
see above.... (smile)
You're proving I'm right in each and every post. Keep going.
now once again. is not the Lord Jesus the Spirit of grace and of supplications, in Z12:10, yes or No? .....:D
Asked and answered. No. Evidence provided in post#234.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
And there are many events in the chapter example,
2And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land. 3And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth.
when did these happen? just for an example?

101G.
They didn't happen. The prophecy in Zechariah 12 and continued in 13 haven't happened.

There hasn't been an attack on Jerusalem by all the nations. All the nations have not pierced the inhabitants. God has not poured a spirit of grace and supplication on Jerusalem after the attack. After the attack, the nations have not looked toward God because of those they have pierced. After that the nations have not mourned because of those they have pierced. And as you correctly identify, idolatry has not been abolished.

AND ALL THIS HAPPENS ON THAT DAY! See all the words in big bold red in post#232.

101G

Jesus, similar to the serpent, tempts people to be like a god, working wonders like him, and having eternal life like a god. The lesson learned from the garden of eden story is, don't listen to someone if they're using temptation like that to motivate you.

In addition to using temptation, the serpent operates in half-truths / double-speak, and claims to know what God knows. That's Paul! Half-truths, or outright lies...
ok, who is this that came? Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."

so who came? and before you answer read verses 5 & 6 and then answer.

101G.

101G

They didn't happen. The prophecy in Zechariah 12 and continued in 13 haven't happened.

There hasn't been an attack on Jerusalem by all the nations. All the nations have not pierced the inhabitants. God has not poured a spirit of grace and supplication on Jerusalem after the attack. After the attack, the nations have not looked toward God because of those they have pierced. After that the nations have not mourned because of those they have pierced. And as you correctly identify, idolatry has not been abolished.

AND ALL THIS HAPPENS ON THAT DAY! See all the words in big bold red in post#232.
one WORD.... "ERROR".

101G.

joelr

well then let both meet your end.

I don't know what that means.

First ERROR of the Day, one cannot mix Truth with Idols,

Prove it. But it's already false because the Bhagavad Gita contains many philosophical truths mixed with fictive Gods like Krishna. The OT has many true ethics and wisdom mixed with fictional Gods and beings.

Holness was here before man. so any mixing of any religion is not the truth. oh many fable pop up like those in the bible, but none start at CREATION. end of story there.

There is no evidence of any theistic God and no evidence it was "here before man". The evidence is man wrote myths about fictional deities.

Also you are wrong again, every religious myth has a creation story. All of them. All equally ridiculous.
List of creation myths - Wikipedia

Creation from chaos[edit]
Main article: Chaos (cosmogony)
Earth diver[edit]
Main article: Earth-diver
Emergence[edit]
Main article: Emergence
Ex nihilo (out of nothing)[edit]
Main article: Ex nihilo

see the syncretism you use,,,, Yahweh that's PAGAN, man-made. see how you are infected,

Your responses sound delusional and don't even answer the points at all. I don't use syncretism, it in all religious material. Including the Bible in large amounts.
Yes I am infected, by truth, scholarship. Not infected by delusions and unsupported beliefs.
again, it's even mentioned in scripture that the Persian emissary was so liked that Yahweh blessed him.

I also gave you a list from Mary Boyce, the expert on the Persian religion a summary of the concepts that were used in Judaism.
Doctrines

fundamental doctrines became disseminated throughout the region, from Egypt to the Black Sea: namely that there is a supreme God who is the Creator; that an evil power exists which is opposed to him, and not under his control; that he has emanated many lesser divinities to help combat this power; that he has created this world for a purpose, and that in its present state it will have an end; that this end will be heralded by the coming of a cosmic Saviour, who will help to bring it about; that meantime heaven and hell exist, with an individual judgment to decide the fate of each soul at death; that at the end of time there will be a resurrection of the dead and a Last Judgment, with annihilation of the wicked; and that thereafter the kingdom of God will come upon earth, and the righteous will enter into it as into a garden (a Persian word for which is 'paradise'), and be happy there in the presence of God for ever, immortal themselves in body as well as soul. These doctrines all came to be adopted by various Jewish schools in the post-Exilic period, for the Jews were one of the peoples, it seems, most open to Zoroastrian influences - a tiny minority, holding staunchly to their own beliefs, but evidently admiring their Persian benefactors, and finding congenial elements in their faith. Worship of the one supreme God, and belief in the coming of a Messiah or Saviour, together with adherence to a way of life which combined moral and spiritual aspirations with a strict code of behaviour (including purity laws) were all matters in which Judaism and Zoroastrianism were in harmony; and it was this harmony, it seems, reinforced by the respect of a subject people for a great protective power, which allowed Zoroastrian doctrines to exert their influence. The extent of this influence is best attested, however, by Jewish writings of the Parthian period, when Christianity and the Gnostic faiths, as well as northern Buddhism, all likewise bore witness to the profound effect: which Zoroaster's teachings had had throughout the lands of the Achaernenian empire.

You cannot just posit someone is "infected" if you want it to stand, you need to provide evidence. Preaching beliefs is not evidence.

I'm not of Judaism, so that do not concern 101G.

It's hard to imagine you cannot think this through. The concepts taken from the Persians, messianic saviors, God vs the devil, a final battle where God/Satan fight and all members get resurrected in a eternal body and live in paradise on Earth, God wants people to have frewill so they can choose to sin or not.......all of that was also used in Christianity.
Also Hell and heaven as a destination, not in early Judaism but taken from the Persians and used in Christianity.

"Was there Zoroastrian Influence on the Judeo-Christian Hell?

According to ancient Israelite belief, the soul is the driving force of every human being. One is ‘alive’ when the soul is in the body (Gen 2:7), and ‘dead’ when the soul departs (1 Kgs 17:17-22). The soul transcends the physical death of the body and continues its existence post
mortem. This is also the case in Zoroastrianism. The two traditions differ, however, with

respect to the ultimate destination of the soul. In ancient Israel, the belief is that every soul goes to Sheol, the realm of the dead (Ps 89:49). No distinction is made between the righteous and

wicked after death – any qualitative judgments occur during one’s life.
on the other hand, is that the righteous soul enters the House of Welcome to enjoy pleasantries while the wicked soul is doomed to the House of Lie, a dark place where only rotten food is served (Y 31:20, Y 49:11).

This dichotomy is interesting when one considers later Jewish developments concerning

the fate of the wicked. In the Hellenistic period, there are vague references to a future

punishment of the wicked (Dan 12:2). In intertestamental literature, for the first time, the wicked

lose the privilege of going to Sheol – instead their souls are permanently destroyed. This

ultimately develops into the notion of eternal torture, which the wicked suffer at the hands of the

This represents a great disconnect from traditional ancient Near Eastern

Simcha P. Raphael, Jewish Views of the Afterlife, Second Edition (Plymouth: Rowman & Littlefield, 2009), 56-57.

Cambridge History of Judaism, Volume 1: Introduction; The Persian Period, ed. William D. Davies and Louis

Finkelstein (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1984), 322.

humiliating (i.e. the death of Jezebel in 2 Kgs 9:32-35). Yahweh is also believed to grant life extensions to those

who follow his commandments (Deut 17:20, 1 Kgs 3:14).

Revelation. See Alice K. Turner, The History of Hell (New York: Harcourt Brace & Company, 1993), 53-65.

Devil and his angels.
(ANE) beliefs about the afterlife

joelr

Theology and stories taken from older religions were myth when they were borrowed and are still myth in the Bible.
Provide evidence they are not. Saying "not myth" isn't evidence. Your beliefs don't demonstrate anything except that you bought into a myth.

another of the DAY, who is a Jew? let the bible answer, Romans 2:28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:" Romans 2:29 "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

Now do you really want to continue? see, you're in the flesh, and think in the flesh, and have no idea who a Jew really is..... :eek: YIKES!

Why would I not want to continue? You can't even seem to form a cohesive argument? First, I don't care what Romans says because Paul is just a Jewish person who makes up stories about communicating with a Jesus light.
But he's saying a Jew is someone who praises the GOD OF JUDAISM, YAHWEH??????????? Yeah, no kidding? Wow, what a revelation?

And guess what, Jewish people, even with Christians added on are not "numerous as the stars in heaven". As far as religious beliefs that makes up 1/3 of all believers. So the prophecy did not happen.

listen carefully, Romans 9:8 "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: (READ THAT AGAIN). but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

see, you have no clue who a REAL TRUE CHILD OF GOD IS. you think those who live now in the Land of Israel are the Jews..... lol, lol, lol, well you better wake up. God's holy people you cannot count, just as the stars. did you not read, Revelation 7:9 "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;"

101G is in that Number..... (smile).

that's your opinion, and not God's

101G

1/3 of all believers are Christian. That's it. If you want to count every religion that "promises" they will all rule and be the biggest than any cult can claim that prize. The prophecy is actually followers of Yahweh will be to great to number. At least everyone possible. That didn't happen.
Also Revelation is an absolute copy of Persian mythology. So quoting that is hilaroiusly ironic.

From Boyce on the Persians, the Israelites took this story and when Christianity formed a version of it was used with their God/devil. But it's not a story from Jesus, it's a syncretic mythology.

Revelations

but Zoroaster taught that the blessed must wait for this culmination till Frashegird and the 'future body' (Pahlavi 'tan i pasen'), when the earth will give up the bones of the dead (Y 30.7). This general resurrection will be followed by the Last Judgment, which will divide all the righteous from the wicked, both those who have lived until that time and those who have been judged already. Then Airyaman, Yazata of friendship and healing, together with Atar, Fire, will melt all the metal in the mountains, and this will flow in a glowing river over the earth. All mankind must pass through this river, and, as it is said in a Pahlavi text, 'for him who is righteous it will seem like warm milk, and for him who is wicked, it will seem as if he is walking in the • flesh through molten metal' (GBd XXXIV. r 8-r 9). In this great apocalyptic vision Zoroaster perhaps fused, unconsciously, tales of volcanic eruptions and streams of burning lava with his own experience of Iranian ordeals by molten metal; and according to his stern original teaching, strict justice will prevail then, as at each individual j udgment on earth by a fiery ordeal. So at this last ordeal of all the wicked will suffer a second death, and will perish off the face of the earth. The Daevas and legions of darkness will already have been annihilated in a last great battle with the Yazatas; and the river of metal will flow down into hell, slaying Angra Mainyu and burning up the last vestige of wickedness in the universe.

Ahura Mazda and the six Amesha Spentas will then solemnize a lt, spiritual yasna, offering up the last sacrifice (after which death wW be no more), and making a preparation of the mystical 'white haoma', which will confer immortality on the resurrected bodies of all the blessed, who will partake of it. Thereafter men will beome like the Immortals themselves, of one thought, word and deed, unaging, free from sickness, without corruption, forever joyful in the kingdom of God upon earth. For it is in this familiar and beloved world, restored to its original perfection, that, according to Zoroaster, eternity will be passed in bliss, and not in a remote insubstantial Paradise. So the time of Separation is a renewal of the time of Creation, except that no return is prophesied to the original uniqueness of living things. Mountain and valley will give place once more to level plain; but whereas in the beginning there was one plant, one animal, one man, the rich variety and number that have since issued from these will remain forever. Similarly the many divinities who were brought into being by Ahura Mazda will continue to have their separate existences. There is no prophecy of their re-absorption into the Godhead. As a Pahlavi text puts it, after Frashegird 'Ohrmaid and the Amahraspands and all Yazads and men will be together. .. ; every place will resemble a garden in spring, in which

there are all kinds of trees and flowers ... and it will be entirely the creation of Ohrrnazd' (Pahl.Riv.Dd. XLVIII, 99, lOO, l07).