• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JESUS, God, the Ordinal First and Last

101G

Now that we got the MYTHS, *Busted), and the INCORRET, personal interpretation of the Hebrew scriptures out the way. Let's examine God as First and Last.in Ordinal designation.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

notice the term, "WITH" in Both passage of scripture. it seems like it's two persons, God and someone else ..... "WITH" God, it looks like two. ERROR, no, it's the same one person in the ECHAD of himself.

let the bible teach us.

Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he."
it seems like the First, (one Entity) is "WITH" the Last, (a second, or another Entity), Correct, ....... wrong, correct numerically but it's the same one Entity. this is where many Jews and Christian make a deadly mistake in an Entity or another person.

it's the same one person, but diversified, or in an ECHAD of one's-own self. this is bared out in the Greek term "ANOTHER"/G243 Allos. the Greek has two terms for our one English word "ANOTHER" Listen carefully,
G243 G2087 ,allos heteros. have a difference in meaning, which despite a tendency to be lost, is to be observed in numerous passages. "Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort;" heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another of a different sort.

see, or understand the difference between the two? G243 Allos describe the Hebrew "ECHAD" correctly.

Remember the First is "With" the Last, and the Word "WITH" God, now this,
Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." BINGO, there is our answer. the Fist is also the Last, meaning in John 1:1 The Word that was "WITH" God is God, just as John 1:1c states.
Jesus the Christ in Flesh and Blood per Phil. 2:6 is "EQUAL WITH", and not EQUAL TO, but "EQUAL WITH" God because he is God in flesh and Blood. this is too easy not to understand.

when one learn and understand that God is the ECHAD of himself in TIME, PLACE, ORDER, or RANK, then one will understand the bible perfectly, without ERRORS.

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he."
... With the last ones. The word translated as "last" is plural.

מִֽי־פָעַ֣ל וְעָשָׂ֔ה קֹרֵ֥א הַדֹּר֖וֹת מֵרֹ֑אשׁ אֲנִ֚י יְהֹוָה֙ רִאשׁ֔וֹן וְאֶת־
אַֽחֲרֹנִ֖ים אֲנִי־הֽוּא

4 Who worked and did, Who calls the generations from the beginning; I, the Lord, am first, and with the last ones I am He.​

What Are the Plural Forms of Hebrew Nouns? - HebrewPod101

"The basic rule is that feminine nouns change their last letter to the letters vav tav - וֹת (ot), while masculine nouns get an extra yod mem at the end - ים (im)."​

BDB, אַחֲרוֹן 1

"אַחֲרוֹן" is singular, "the last"

"אַחֲרֹנִים" is plural, "the last ones"​

Therefore:

מִֽי־פָעַ֣ל וְעָשָׂ֔ה קֹרֵ֥א הַדֹּר֖וֹת מֵרֹ֑אשׁ אֲנִ֚י יְהֹוָה֙ רִאשׁ֔וֹן וְאֶת־אַֽחֲרֹנִ֖ים אֲנִי־הֽוּא

Who worked and did, Who calls the generations from the beginning; I, the Lord, am first, and with these last ones I am He.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
saiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last."

This one isn't too bad; only 2 words added.

But, it is nice to have an example of "last" in the singular.

שְׁמַ֚ע אֵלַי֙ יַֽעֲקֹ֔ב וְיִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מְקֹֽרָאִ֑י אֲנִי־הוּא֙ אֲנִ֣י רִאשׁ֔וֹן אַ֖ף אֲנִ֥י אַֽחֲרֽוֹן

12 Hearken to Me, O Jacob, and Israel, who was called by Me, I am He, I am first, also I am last.

The word "the" is designated by a preceeding letter "Hei" attached to the word.

Here's examples:
Genesis 25:25

וַיֵּצֵ֤א הָֽרִאשׁוֹן֙ אַדְמוֹנִ֔י כֻּלּ֖וֹ כְּאַדֶּ֣רֶת שֵׂעָ֑ר וַיִּקְרְא֥וּ שְׁמ֖וֹ עֵשָֽׂו
25 And the first emerged ruddy; he was completely like a coat of hair, and they named him Esau.

Nehemiah 8:18

יחוַ֠יִּקְרָא בְּסֵ֨פֶר תּוֹרַ֚ת הָֽאֱלֹהִים֙ י֣וֹם | בְּי֔וֹם מִן־הַיּוֹם֙
הָֽרִאשׁ֔וֹן עַ֖ד הַיּ֣וֹם הָאַֽחֲר֑וֹן וַיַּֽעֲשׂוּ־חָג֙ שִׁבְעַ֣ת יָמִ֔ים וּבַיּ֧וֹם הַשְּׁמִינִ֛י עֲצֶ֖רֶת כַּמִּשְׁפָּֽט

18 And he read in the scroll of the Law of God day by day from the first day until the last day, and they made the festival seven days, and on the eighth day an assembly according to the ordinance.

101G

With the last ones. The word translated as "last" is plural.
ERROR, NOT ACCORDING TO, BROWN-DRIVER-BRIGGS at Bible Hub.com and here is the LINK also. Strong's Hebrew: 314. אַחֲרוֹן (acharon) -- coming after or behind (biblehub.com)

Brown-Driver-Briggs I have blown it up for you below....
אַחֲרוֺן51 feminine אַחֲרוֺנָה plural אַחֲרֹנִים (also אַחֲרוֺנִים adjective from אַחַר, coming after or behind (as a comparative or superlative, according to the context); hence
a. of place, behind, hindermost Genesis 33:2 (twice in verse); הָאַחֲרוֺן הַיָּם the hinder (= the Western) sea (i.e. the Mediterranean: opposed to הַיָּם הַקַּדְמוֺנִי the front sea = the Dead Sea, the Semites, in defining the quarters of the heavens, turning naturally to the East, compare קֶדֶם of the East, יָמִין, תֵּימָן of the South, above under the word אָחוֺר d. and Assyrian mat a—arru 'the Western land,' of Phoenicia & Palestine) Deuteronomy 11:24; Deuteronomy 34:2; Joel 2:20; Zechariah 14:8; Job 18:20 poetic אַחֲרֹנִים Ew Hi Di De the dwellers in the West (opposed to קַדְמוֺנִים). More commonly

b. of time, latter or last (according to context) Exodus 4:8; Deuteronomy 24:3; 2 Samuel 19:12; Isaiah 8:23, of God Isaiah 44:6 ("" רִאשׁוֺן) Isaiah 48:12 (do.) compare Isaiah 41:4; in Genl. subsequent (vaguely), ׳יוֺם א = time to come Isaiah 30:8; Proverbs 31:25 (but Nehemiah 8:18 הַיוֺם ׳הָאַ = the last day), ׳(הָ)אַ (הַ)דּוֺר the following Generation Deuteronomy 29:21; Psalm 48:14; Psalm 78:4; Psalm 78:6; Psalm 102:19, (הָ)אַחֲרֹנִים they that come after Job 18:20 (Ges Schl) Ecclesiastes 1:11; Ecclesiastes 4:16, but Isaiah 41:4 the last, Job 19:25 וְאַחֲרוֺן עַלעָֿפָר יָקוּם and as one coming after (me) (and so able to establish my innocence when I am dead) will he (גָֹּֽאֲלִי my Vindicator) arise upon the dust. — The feminine is used adverbially (compare רִאשֹׁנָה) = afterwards or at the last (according to context): (a) absolute Daniel 11:29; (β) בָּאַחֲרוֺנָה (opposed to בָּרִאשֹׁנָה) Deuteronomy 13:10; Deuteronomy 17:7; 1 Samuel 29:2; 2 Samuel 2:26; 1 Kings 17:13; Daniel 8:3; (γ) ׳לָאַ Numbers 2:31 (P) Ecclesiastes 1:11.

BINGO, it's not plural.at Isaiah 41:4..... you better do your homework. it's the, the, the, Last.

so, you're REPROVED. ,,,,, AGAIN< and AGAIN.

your Hebrew is faulty..... Notice what I said, YOUR HEBREW is faulty,
not the Language, but YOUR HEBREW IS FAUITY.

now, do you want to know how 101G found that it's not PLURAL? ... (smile) from a real HEBREW EXPERT...... :eek: YIKES!....

101G.

101G

This one isn't too bad; only 2 words added.

But, it is nice to have an example of "last" in the singular.

שְׁמַ֚ע אֵלַי֙ יַֽעֲקֹ֔ב וְיִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מְקֹֽרָאִ֑י אֲנִי־הוּא֙ אֲנִ֣י רִאשׁ֔וֹן אַ֖ף אֲנִ֥י אַֽחֲרֽוֹן

12 Hearken to Me, O Jacob, and Israel, who was called by Me, I am He, I am first, also I am last.

The word "the" is designated by a preceeding letter "Hei" attached to the word.

Here's examples:
Genesis 25:25

וַיֵּצֵ֤א הָֽרִאשׁוֹן֙ אַדְמוֹנִ֔י כֻּלּ֖וֹ כְּאַדֶּ֣רֶת שֵׂעָ֑ר וַיִּקְרְא֥וּ שְׁמ֖וֹ עֵשָֽׂו
25 And the first emerged ruddy; he was completely like a coat of hair, and they named him Esau.

Nehemiah 8:18

יחוַ֠יִּקְרָא בְּסֵ֨פֶר תּוֹרַ֚ת הָֽאֱלֹהִים֙ י֣וֹם | בְּי֔וֹם מִן־הַיּוֹם֙
הָֽרִאשׁ֔וֹן עַ֖ד הַיּ֣וֹם הָאַֽחֲר֑וֹן וַיַּֽעֲשׂוּ־חָג֙ שִׁבְעַ֣ת יָמִ֔ים וּבַיּ֧וֹם הַשְּׁמִינִ֛י עֲצֶ֖רֶת כַּמִּשְׁפָּֽט

18 And he read in the scroll of the Law of God day by day from the first day until the last day, and they made the festival seven days, and on the eighth day an assembly according to the ordinance.
since you acknowledge that the Last in Isaiah 48:12 is singular. So, is God the First ..... and "ALSO" .... the Last, yes or no? your answer

your other ERROR, as said, "YOUR HEBREW IS FAUITY", I'll stay with the REAL Hebrew Experts in the Language.

I'll be looking for your answer on Isaiah 48:12 concerning God as the First and also the Last.... (smile).

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
ERROR, NOT ACCORDING TO, BROWN-DRIVER-BRIGGS at Bible Hub.com and here is the LINK also. Strong's Hebrew: 314. אַחֲרוֹן (acharon) -- coming after or behind (biblehub.com)

Brown-Driver-Briggs I have blown it up for you below....
אַחֲרוֺן51 feminine אַחֲרוֺנָה plural אַחֲרֹנִים (also אַחֲרוֺנִים adjective from אַחַר, coming after or behind (as a comparative or superlative, according to the context); hence
a. of place, behind, hindermost Genesis 33:2 (twice in verse); הָאַחֲרוֺן הַיָּם the hinder (= the Western) sea (i.e. the Mediterranean: opposed to הַיָּם הַקַּדְמוֺנִי the front sea = the Dead Sea, the Semites, in defining the quarters of the heavens, turning naturally to the East, compare קֶדֶם of the East, יָמִין, תֵּימָן of the South, above under the word אָחוֺר d. and Assyrian mat a—arru 'the Western land,' of Phoenicia & Palestine) Deuteronomy 11:24; Deuteronomy 34:2; Joel 2:20; Zechariah 14:8; Job 18:20 poetic אַחֲרֹנִים Ew Hi Di De the dwellers in the West (opposed to קַדְמוֺנִים). More commonly

b. of time, latter or last (according to context) Exodus 4:8; Deuteronomy 24:3; 2 Samuel 19:12; Isaiah 8:23, of God Isaiah 44:6 ("" רִאשׁוֺן) Isaiah 48:12 (do.) compare Isaiah 41:4; in Genl. subsequent (vaguely), ׳יוֺם א = time to come Isaiah 30:8; Proverbs 31:25 (but Nehemiah 8:18 הַיוֺם ׳הָאַ = the last day), ׳(הָ)אַ (הַ)דּוֺר the following Generation Deuteronomy 29:21; Psalm 48:14; Psalm 78:4; Psalm 78:6; Psalm 102:19, (הָ)אַחֲרֹנִים they that come after Job 18:20 (Ges Schl) Ecclesiastes 1:11; Ecclesiastes 4:16, but Isaiah 41:4 the last, Job 19:25 וְאַחֲרוֺן עַלעָֿפָר יָקוּם and as one coming after (me) (and so able to establish my innocence when I am dead) will he (גָֹּֽאֲלִי my Vindicator) arise upon the dust. — The feminine is used adverbially (compare רִאשֹׁנָה) = afterwards or at the last (according to context): (a) absolute Daniel 11:29; (β) בָּאַחֲרוֺנָה (opposed to בָּרִאשֹׁנָה) Deuteronomy 13:10; Deuteronomy 17:7; 1 Samuel 29:2; 2 Samuel 2:26; 1 Kings 17:13; Daniel 8:3; (γ) ׳לָאַ Numbers 2:31 (P) Ecclesiastes 1:11.

BINGO, it's not plural.at Isaiah 41:4..... you better do your homework. it's the, the, the, Last.

so, you're REPROVED. ,,,,, AGAIN< and AGAIN.

your Hebrew is faulty..... Notice what I said, YOUR HEBREW is faulty,
not the Language, but YOUR HEBREW IS FAUITY.

now, do you want to know how 101G found that it's not PLURAL? ... (smile) from a real HEBREW EXPERT...... :eek: YIKES!....

101G.
OK. I never noticed that before. Thanks.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
since you acknowledge that the Last in Isaiah 48:12 is singular. So, is God the First ..... and "ALSO" .... the Last, yes or no? your answer
God is first and last. That's what the verse says.
your other ERROR, as said, "YOUR HEBREW IS FAUITY", I'll stay with the REAL Hebrew Experts in the Language.
I can admit when I make a mistake and learn from them. :)

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Men as status a man the man said I'm not Jesus.

Man human in his teaching position says a man human is first.

In science he states the term first anywhere he puts it. As science a topic is vast subjects.

So if man says first science substance in space only. He means it...just in space nowhere else.

Substance the first and space.

So he says I know that I can't have it.

Yet he wants access to all substances.

So instead he says a long time ago there was less space and more substance.

Concluded original Infinite least zeros or space owned it.

Says by law now it cannot even exist as the number of space zeros is immense less substance.

As his idea equals the end result. I consume remove it as a resource so it won't exist just be absorbed into machines mass.

Yet machines mass first wasn't functioning so he lied.

Always had.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Good, now what is he the FIRST of and the LAST of....
I'll be looking for your ANSWER.

101G
I'll be honest, I don't know for sure.

First seems obvious, creator? and last = redeemer?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Man owns no numbers. No money either as in natural law it's fake.

Man says I used lots of money to build a machine. I want it given back.

Fake.

As earths mass natural fused doesn't own a number.

Isn't priced or valued as money is fake.

A man false preaching destroys all life on earth as he's greedy.

Elon Musk.
Mone lusk.

Story using coded names is only about the rich man. History English father was last worst DNA man's biology sacrifice. Shroud image.

Linen cloth placed over burnt heavens sacrificed man's biology produced the imaged evidence like a photograph. Why it had blood on it also.

Not luck.
Not money.

One M L U S K.

Science man's history about mollusk. Theists language used history themes. Not about natural man.

Clams and freshwater mussels going extinct. Another proof. Water is changing.

101G

I'll be honest, I don't know for sure.

First seems obvious, creator? and last = redeemer?
don't sell yourself short, yes, he's the FIRST FRUIT of CREATION, he is "CREATOR, and "MAKER" of ALL THINGS. as the Ordinal First, (Spirit, without flesh, without bone, and without Blood). title "Father". Alpha, the Beginning. the Root.

and he's the LAST, the END, the Omega, of this OLD CREATION. meaning he is The "REDEEMER" and "SAVIOUR" of ALL THINGS that he CREATED and MADE.

(smile) ...... Good guess.

notice the term "beginning" in Genesis 1:1
H7225 רֵאשִׁית re'shiyth (ray-sheeth') n-f.
1. the first, in place, time, order or rank.
2. (specifically) a firstfruit.
[from the same as H7218]
KJV: beginning, chief(-est), first(-fruits, part, time), principal thing.
Root(s): H7218
my source for this definition, Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments
Hold that thought of definition #1.... the First. fast forward to,
Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:"
NOTICE, "ONE"..... LORD, who is God. again one "LORD", who is God. now the term One,

H259 אֶחָד 'echad (ech-awd') adj.
1. (properly) united, i.e. one.
2. (as an ordinal) first.
[a numeral from H258]
KJV: a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any(-thing), apiece, a certain, (dai-)ly, each (one), + eleven, every, few, first, + highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together.
Root(s): H258

remember the FIRST in Genesis 1:1 in the term "Beginning"
definition #2. ..... The LORD all cap, is the First who is God as the verse states. but in Ordinal designation. the "Lord is the Last who is God. and remember the First is "ALSO" the Last. Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last."

notice "I AM HE" one person, not three, nor two, but only ONE PERSON.

see, this is how I know God the Ordinal Last, (the Lord), was pierced, God in flesh and Blood body, the REDEEMER, and SAVIOUR, the arm of FLESH, as Isaiah 63:5 said, "HIS, HIS, HIS, "OWN" ARM. God's Own ARM, God himself, the Ordinal Last in Flesh is the Last man, or the LAST ADAM, (see 1 Corinthians 15:45), meaning in LIKENESS of a Man. because a Spirit cannot be pierced. so, in Zechariah 12:10 it is the Lord, (God's Own ARM in Flesh the Ordinal Last, or the LAST, "Adam", and not the "LORD" the First who was pierced, but it's the same PERSON Diversified as the ROOT, and the "Offspring", the Offspring, or the Son of David.. listen, again. "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: (STOP, notice the small case in spirit), and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, (STOP, notice the Shift in Pronouns from "me", and "I" to "him.... Smile), as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

it's amazing how God talk.

it's getting late, but tomorrow I'll show you why I'm a Diversified Oneness.

so, we are not that much apart when God is in the middle. read over this post, and we together will LEARN and UNDERSTAND God

be Blessed my brother in Christ.... (smile)

101G

101G

GINOLJC, to all.
@dybmh,
my Doctrine is "Diversified Oneness", not just Oneness as the UPCI teaches and a few others. what I believe is what God teach, based on the scripture themselves. Just what the Lord Jesus in flesh taught, and what the apostles taught, as well as the disciples.

101G just have a NEW NAME for what they taught and
believed. whereas I would not be building on another man foundation. as the Lord Jesus said in Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;" the tongue. that 101G speak is Diversified Oneness. I asked the Lord for this NEW NAME for this same Doctrine and this is what he gave me. some may say Diversity is not in the bible. I beg the difference, just under another Name. "Offspring", which defines this doctrine to a tee. in an ECHAD of First and Last, or Father and Son, but ROOT and "OFFSPRING". and that term concerning God is where my start began.

Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."
offspring: G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
Root(s): G1096

there is my word, diversity the KJV can translate "Offspring" as "Diversity". he, the Lord Jesus in the ECHAD is a "diversity" of himself.

kin. yes, as in KINsman, ..... REDEEMER, you guess was, as said, Correct.... *smile). this KINsman Redeemer is also found in Zechariah 13:7. yes, the Tanakh reveals the offspring of David, as the ordinal Last

just as H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m. in Genesis 1:1 STATES. he is the DIVERSITY, or the ECHAD of himself, ..... God Own ARM in natural Flesh. H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') IS THE PLURAL of H433, Let's see them Both.

#1. H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m.
אֱלֹהֵי 'elohiy (el-o-hee') [alternate plural]
1. (literally) supreme ones.
2. (hence, in the ordinary sense) gods.
3. (specifically, in the plural, especially with the article) the Supreme God (i.e. the all supreme).
4. (sometimes) supreme, used as a superlative.
5. (occasionally, by way of deference) supreme magistrates, the highest magistrates of the land.
6. (also) the supreme angels (entities of unspecified type).
[plural of H433]
KJV: angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
Root(s): H433
Compare: H5945, H7706, H8199, H4397

now,
#2. H433 אֱלוֹהַּ 'elowahh (el-o'-ah) n-m.
אֱלֹהַּ 'eloahh (el-o'-ah) [shortened (rarely)]
1. one with supreme strength and ability.
2. the Supreme Being, God the Creator, Yahweh by name.
3. a supreme entity, a god-like creature (that is, one of God's supreme creations, or one of man's inventions).
[probably prolonged (emphat.) from H410]
there is the CREATOR. you guessed Good, Creator, and REDEEMER
KJV: God, god.
Root(s): H410

THERE HE IS GOD. in an ECHAD, the H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') as the Ordinal Last.

understand, God in Order of Time, (OT), is the Ordinal First, Spirit, Rank, LORD, title, Father because he is CREATOR.

God, in Order of Time, (NT), is the Ordinal Last, as a Man, Rank, Lord, title, Son, because he's the KINsman REDEEMER.

from this start, the OT and the NT both became crystal.clear, and gave me complete understanding. Of the "WHOLE" bible, old and New.

101G.

joelr

yes the fallacy of your mind, and other misguided men also...... (smile)

so you did, hypocritical. There is no fallacy of the mind. So you were wrong on both.

Every Hindu? unless converted as well as any Muslim who comes to the Lord Jesus ... yes, can say that....... :D YIKES!

And you would be quoting a mythology with zero evidence. So you don't care about what is true and will believe what fundamentalists tell you. Just making sure you have no argument.

No, one can goto hell before the second coming....... (smile), it's that Lake of Fire that is no return. one can get out of hell. but the Lake of Fire, it's a one way ticket, :D

Mordor as well. Sauron is waiting for you in Mt Doom.

and don't worry there will be a many so called Hindus, Muslims and so called Christians..... notice the keyword... "so Called".... (smiler), will make it to the Lake of fire.... Ouch!.

And Jehovas witness call you so called Christians as well. And you are all following fiction.

A. have I not said Yahweh is a pagan name? Yeshua/Jesus is God Holy Name.
B. I can careless about Mesopotamian, Egyptian and Babylonian myths, or the Persian myths also. they mean NOTHING TO 101G. .... :rolleyes:

Yahweh is the name of God in Christianity. If you have some evidence that demonstrates otherwise show it.
If you follow the OT then you care about Mesopotamian, Egyptian and Babylonian myths because the OT is full of them.

The Enuma Elish would later be the inspiration for the Hebrew scribes who created the text now known as the biblical Book of Genesis. Prior to the 19th century CE, the Bible was considered the oldest book in the world and its narratives were thought to be completely original. In the mid-19th century CE, however, European museums, as well as academic and religious institutions, sponsored excavations in Mesopotamia to find physical evidence for historical corroboration of the stories in the Bible. These excavations found quite the opposite, however, in that, once cuneiform was translated, it was understood that a number of biblical narratives were Mesopotamian in origin.

Famous stories such as the Fall of Man and the Great Flood were originally conceived and written down in Sumer, translated and modified later in Babylon, and reworked by the Assyrians before they were used by the Hebrew scribes for the versions which appear in the Bible.

Both Genesis and Enuma Elsih are religious texts which detail and celebrate cultural origins: Genesis describes the origin and founding of the Jewish people under the guidance of the Lord; Enuma Elish recounts the origin and founding of Babylon under the leadership of the god Marduk. Contained in each work is a story of how the cosmos and man were created. Each work begins by describing the watery chaos and primeval darkness that once filled the universe. Then light is created to replace the darkness. Afterward, the heavens are made and in them heavenly bodies are placed. Finally, man is created.

Now lastly, all this mythological stuff, this is what Facebook and tweeter are for..... ok, so take that stuff there, we discuss real Spiritual matters here. thanks in advance....

101G.

2 issues.
1)you can take your bullying and telling people where to go as if you personally own this site and jump in a lake of fire. That demonstrates poor character.

2) Biblical scholarship has many many examples and excellent evidence that the entire Bible is borrowed mythology from nearby nations. I can source good scholarship all day. Religious scholarship is part of religious discussion. Your discussion is based on zero evidence and only on scripture which is mythology made up by people.
So if you don't like it (or clearly cannot handle what is obviously true) then you know where the door is.
so again, provide some evidence rather than baseless claims for your beliefs please.

Religion, Identity and the Origins of Ancient Israel

K.L. Sparks, Baptist Pastor, Professor Eastern U.

As a rule, modern scholars do not believe that the Bible's account of early Israel's history provides a wholly accurate portrait of Israel's origins. One reason for this is that the earliest part of Israel's history in Genesis is now regarded as something other than a work of modern history. Its primary author was at best an ancient historian (if a historian at all), who lived long after the events he narrated, and who drew freely from sources that were not historical (legends and theological stories); he was more concerned with theology than with the modern quest to learn 'what actually happened' (Van Seters 1992; Sparks 2002, pp. 37-71; Maidman 2003).

joelr

Second, third ERROR of the Morning. the Lord Jesus gave you the Life toy live right now, his breath,

No a mythic story says that. Mythic stories also say it about Krishna, Romulus, Inana, Isis and other dying/rising savior demigods.
They are fictional stories.

No Life evolved but was made. micro evolution is a small change better know as ADAPTATION to one's environment. and the Lord Jesus is the AUTHOR of it. so, Macro evolution, as for 101G, was never in consideration. just as Man evolved from animals. NONESENSE, man was here before any animals. they was brought fort to ..... "HELP" man to maintain this planet various eco systems. man was made on day three (3), the animals was made on day five, (5). as a matter of Fact Man was here before the plants...... Hello.

Ok so you bought into creationism. So? I would say link to a scientific paper demonstrating evolution is false but I already know they don't exist. So you don't care about what is actually true. Ok got it.

see 101G don't fall for myths and superstations. you can, but not 101G.

no, it's just you cannot understand the TRUTH.

101G.

The Bible is a myth.
If. you claim to have truth provide evidence. all you have done is make claims about what you think is true which every religions person, cult member, race supremecist, KKK member, can do. MAke claims. No evidence?

joelr

personal opinion? you know what 101G do with personal opinions ..... (smile).
not a personal opinion.
Rabbi Hillel was preaching the same material before Jesus:
Hillel the Elder - Wikipedia

Greek Hellenistic religion which came to Israel in the last few centuries before Christianity does have all the same basic theology,
Hellenistic religion
-the seasonal drama was homologized to a soteriology (salvation concept) concerning the destiny, fortune, and salvation of the individual after death.

-his led to a change from concern for a religion of national prosperity to one for individual salvation, from focus on a particular ethnic group to concern for every human. The prophet or saviour replaced the priest and king as the chief religious figure.

-his process was carried further through the identification of the experiences of the soul that was to be saved with the vicissitudes of a divine but fallen soul, which had to be redeemed by cultic activity and divine intervention. This view is illustrated in the concept of the paradoxical figure of the saved saviour, salvator salvandus.

-Other deities, who had previously been associated with national destiny (e.g., Zeus, Yahweh, and Isis), were raised to the status of transcendent, supreme

-The temples and cult institutions of the various Hellenistic religions were repositories of the knowledge and techniques necessary for salvation and were the agents of the public worship of a particular deity. In addition, they served an important sociological role. In the new, cosmopolitan ideology that followed Alexander’s conquests, the old nationalistic and ethnic boundaries had broken down and the problem of religious and social identity had become acute.

-Most of these groups had regular meetings for a communal meal that served the dual role of sacramental participation (referring to the use of material elements believed to convey spiritual benefits among the members and with their deity)

-Hellenistic philosophy (Stoicism, Cynicism, Neo-Aristotelianism, Neo-Pythagoreanism, and Neoplatonism) provided key formulations for Jewish, Christian, and Muslim philosophy, theology, and mysticism through the 18th century

- The basic forms of worship of both the Jewish and Christian communities were heavily influenced in their formative period by Hellenistic practices, and this remains fundamentally unchanged to the present time. Finally, the central religious literature of both traditions—the Jewish Talmud (an authoritative compendium of law, lore, and interpretation), the New Testament, and the later patristic literature of the early Church Fathers—are characteristic Hellenistic documents both in form and content.

-Other traditions even more radically reinterpreted the ancient figures. The cosmic or seasonal drama was interiorized to refer to the divine soul within man that must be liberated.

-Each persisted in its native land with little perceptible change save for its becoming linked to nationalistic or messianic movements (centring on a deliverer figure)

-and apocalyptic traditions (referring to a belief in the dramatic intervention of a god in human and natural events)

- Particularly noticeable was the success of a variety of prophets, magicians, and healers—e.g., John the Baptist, Jesus, Simon Magus, Apollonius of Tyana, Alexander the Paphlagonian, and the cult of the healer Asclepius—whose preaching corresponded to the activities of various Greek and Roman philosophic missionaries

let's see a few,
1. Was Jesus the son of David? 1:1
Yes, in Legal Birthright to the Throne. How IGNORANT can one be.

Right but that isn't what it says. It says he was his son, his literal seed, son of God and not Davids son. So it's a contradiction.

2. How did God address Jesus at his baptism? 1:11
are you sure it was God who addressed the Lord Jesus at his Baptism?

God temped or tested Abraham. and it was the angel of the Lord speaking from HEAVEN, not God, but for God.

All that text for nothing. You missed the fact that God called him HIS SON
Thou art my beloved son. Mark 1:11, Luke 3:22

so by calling him SON.....MY SON it would be Yahweh.
Later it says:

This is my beloved son. Matthew 3:17

so he was addressing
those who witnessed his baptism.

Contradiction.

let's go back to Mark
Mark 1:11 "And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." did the vers say it was God's voice? no, it said a voice, see how men LIE. when men say it was God's voice. here, they put the spiritual noose around their necks... and hang their own-selves.

there are no contradictions in the bible at all. the only contradiction is IGNORANT MEN.
this is just a sample of what one can do to eliminate these false contradictions clams when taught by the Holy Spirit, God himself.

101G.

That's funny that you think it matters who the voice was. The contradiction is that in some passages it's said directly to Jesus and in another it's said to the crowd.
Showing it's a made-up story that the author forgot what he previously wrote and changed it when he addressed it later.

joelr

again, personal opinion,
next

101G.
Not my opinion, all current scholarship
Let's see I said -
"The Bible is syncretic meaning the theology is all taken from older religions. Some stories are re-workings of older myths and some are probably original stories. Zechariah is a prophet and that passage he is talking about is the future during the final battle. So it's fiction.
But he is talking about a battle so that is the context of being peirced.
This was written after the return from Exile when the Persian king Cyrus allowed them to return and Persian theology began entering into Jewish theology. Cyrus is even in scripture he was liked so much."

1)"Zechariah is a prophet and that passage he is talking about is the future during the final battle."
This is standard scholarship, a Pastor/historian narrates:
Apocalypses and Apocalypticism

Apocalyptic authors suffered from lack of perspective, falsely believing themselves to have been living at the end times.

Their readers share the same lack of perspective, falsely imagining that the text refer to the readers time (when they actually referred to the authors time)

1:03:40
For centuries people have been reading Revelation as future history. Often convinced the signs point to their own time. This is called temporal narcissism.

Joachim of Fiore used Revelation to predict the world would end 1260 AD.

1:08:03 Newton spent equal time studying the Bible to predict the future and inventing calculus. His future calculations were all wrong.
In Revelation - no mention of the Rapture, no anti-Christ, not a message of fear but hope

Revelation is misread as future history. War, famine, pestilence and death are already loosed on Earth. Revelation envisions a world where they will be eliminated.

2)"the Persian king Cyrus allowed them to return and Persian theology began entering into Jewish theology. Cyrus is even in scripture he was liked so much.""

From Dr Mary Boyce scholar on Persian theology and OT

1st Persian influence on Judaism

Cyrus' actions were, moreover, those of a loyal Mazda-worshipper, in that he sought to govern his vast new empire justly and well, in accordance with asha. He made no attempt, however, to impose the Iranian religion on his alien subjects - indeed it would have been wholly impractical to attempt it, in view of their numbers, and the antiquity of their own faiths - but rather encouraged them to live orderly and devout lives according to their own tenets. Among the many anarya who experienced his statesmanlike kindness were the Jews, whom he permitted to return from exile in Babylon and to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem. This was only one of many liberal acts recorded of Cyrus, but it was of particular moment for the religious history of mankind; for the Jews entertained warm feelings thereafter for the Persians, and

this made them the more receptive to Zoroastrian influences. Cyrus • himself is hailed by 'Second Isaiah' (a nameless prophet of the Exilic period) as a messiah, that is, one who acted in Yahweh's name and with his authority. 'Behold my servant whom I uphold' (Yahweh himself is represented as saying). '(Cyrus) will bring forth justice to the nations. . . . He will not fail . . . till he has established justice in the earth' (Isaiah 42. I, 4). The same prophet celebrates Yahweh for the first time in Jewish literature as Creator, as Ahura Mazda had been celebrated by Zoroaster: 'I, Yahweh, who created all things ... I made the earth, and created man on it .... Let the skies rain down justice ... I, Yahweh, have created it' (Isaiah 44.24, 45. 8, 12). The parallels with Zoroastrian doctrine and scripture are so striking that these verses have been taken to represent the first imprint of that influence which Zoroastrianism was to exert so powerfully on postExilic Judaism.

Doctrines

fundamental doctrines became disseminated throughout the region, from Egypt to the Black Sea: namely that there is a supreme God who is the Creator; that an evil power exists which is opposed to him, and not under his control; that he has emanated many lesser divinities to help combat this power; that he has created this world for a purpose, and that in its present state it will have an end; that this end will be heralded by the coming of a cosmic Saviour, who will help to bring it about; that meantime heaven and hell exist, with an individual judgment to decide the fate of each soul at death; that at the end of time there will be a resurrection of the dead and a Last Judgment, with annihilation of the wicked; and that thereafter the kingdom of God will come upon earth, and the righteous will enter into it as into a garden (a Persian word for which is 'paradise'), and be happy there in the presence of God for ever, immortal themselves in body as well as soul. These doctrines all came to be adopted by various Jewish schools in the post-Exilic period, for the Jews were one of the peoples, it seems, most open to Zoroastrian influences - a tiny minority, holding staunchly to their own beliefs, but evidently admiring their Persian benefactors, and finding congenial elements in their faith. Worship of the one supreme God, and belief in the coming of a Messiah or Saviour, together with adherence to a way of life which combined moral and spiritual aspirations with a strict code of behaviour (including purity laws) were all matters in which Judaism and Zoroastrianism were in harmony; and it was this harmony, it seems, reinforced by the respect of a subject people for a great protective power, which allowed Zoroastrian doctrines to exert their influence. The extent of this influence is best attested, however, by Jewish writings of the Parthian period, when Christianity and the Gnostic faiths, as well as northern Buddhism, all likewise bore witness to the profound effect: which Zoroaster's teachings had had throughout the lands of the Achaernenian empire.

Last edited:

joelr

see all above
My words - "News flash, your lack of knowledge, arguments or anything of substance is noted, yet still making proclamations without evidence just makes this more of a joke (or a troll).
101G
No that is true you have given no evidence. Just claims.

"The god's name was written in paleo-Hebrew as (יהוה‎ in block script), transliterated as YHWH; modern scholarship has reached consensus to transcribe this as Yahweh."

True, taken from
Yahweh

The meaning of the name `Yahweh' has been interpreted as “He Who Makes That Which Has Been Made” or “He Brings into Existence Whatever Exists”, though other interpretations have been offered by many scholars. In the late middle ages, `Yahweh' came to be changed to `Jehovah' by Christian monks, a name commonly in use today.

The character and power of Yahweh were codified following the Babylonian Captivity of the 6th century BCE and the Hebrew scriptures were canonized during the Second Temple Period (c. 515 BCE-70 CE) to include the concept of a messiah whom Yahweh would send to the Jewish people to lead and redeem them. Yahweh as the all-powerful creator, preserver, and redeemer of the universe was then later developed by the early Christians as their god who had sent his son Jesus as the promised messiah and Islam interpreted this same deity as Allah in their belief system.

Although the biblical narratives depict Yahweh as the sole creator god, lord of the universe, and god of the Israelites especially, initially he seems to have been Canaanite in origin and subordinate to the supreme god El. Canaanite inscriptions mention a lesser god Yahweh and even the biblical Book of Deuteronomy stipulates that “the Most High, El, gave to the nations their inheritance” and that “Yahweh's portion is his people, Jacob and his allotted heritage” (32:8-9). A passage like this reflects the early beliefs of the Canaanites and Israelites in polytheism or, more accurately, henotheism (the belief in many gods with a focus on a single supreme deity). The claim that Israel always only acknowledged one god is a later belief cast back on the early days of Israel's development in Canaan.

Yahweh is the oldest name of the Israelites deity. Yes it's from Canaanite religion but the stories in Genesis are all Mesopotamian so it's all pagan. The NT is all Greek/Persian so that is also pagan.

Yahweh is confirmed above to be Canaanite.
The stories are largely Mesopotamian.

Relationship to the Bible[edit]

Various themes, plot elements, and characters in the Hebrew Bible correlate with the Epic of Gilgamesh – notably, the accounts of the Garden of Eden, the advice from Ecclesiastes, and the Genesis flood narrative.

Garden of Eden[edit]

The parallels between the stories of Enkidu/Shamhat and Adam/Eve have been long recognized by scholars.[64][65] In both, a man is created from the soil by a god, and lives in a natural setting amongst the animals. He is introduced to a woman who tempts him. In both stories the man accepts food from the woman, covers his nakedness, and must leave his former realm, unable to return. The presence of a snake that steals a plant of immortality from the hero later in the epic is another point of similarity. However, a major difference between the two stories is that while Enkidu experiences regret regarding his seduction away from nature, this is only temporary: After being confronted by the god Shamash for being ungrateful, Enkidu recants and decides to give the woman who seduced him his final blessing before he dies. This is in contrast to Adam, whose fall from grace is largely portrayed purely as a punishment for disobeying God.

Advice from Ecclesiastes[edit]

Several scholars suggest direct borrowing of Siduri's advice by the author of Ecclesiastes.[66]

A rare proverb about the strength of a triple-stranded rope, "a triple-stranded rope is not easily broken", is common to both books.[citation needed]

Noah's flood[edit]

Andrew George submits that the Genesis flood narrative matches that in Gilgamesh so closely that "few doubt" that it derives from a Mesopotamian account.[67] What is particularly noticeable is the way the Genesis flood story follows the Gilgamesh flood tale "point by point and in the same order", even when the story permits other alternatives.[68] In a 2001 Torah commentary released on behalf of the Conservative Movement of Judaism, rabbinic scholar Robert Wexler stated: "The most likely assumption we can make is that both Genesis and Gilgamesh drew their material from a common tradition about the flood that existed in Mesopotamia. These stories then diverged in the retelling."[69] Ziusudra, Utnapishtim and Noah are the respective heroes of the Sumerian, Akkadian and biblical flood legends of the ancient Near East.

Additional biblical parallels[edit]

Matthias Henze suggests that Nebuchadnezzar's madness in the biblical Book of Daniel draws on the Epic of Gilgamesh. He claims that the author uses elements from the description of Enkidu to paint a sarcastic and mocking portrait of the king of Babylon.[70]

Many characters in the Epic have mythical biblical parallels, most notably Ninti, the Sumerian goddess of life, was created from Enki's rib to heal him after he had eaten forbidden flowers. It is suggested that this story served as the basis for the story of Eve created from Adam's rib in the Book of Genesis.[71] Esther J. Hamori, in Echoes of Gilgamesh in the Jacob Story, also claims that the myth of Jacob and Esau is paralleled with the wrestling match between Gilgamesh and Enkidu.[72]