• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus gets a pass?

King Phenomenon

Why are there so many people that believe in Jesus? Shouldn’t everybody recognize him as having the mental illness called the messiah complex? Strange…..

I’m certain I’m missing something.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why are there so many people that believe in Jesus? Shouldn’t everybody recognize him as having the mental illness called the messiah complex? Strange…..

maybe I’m missing something.
For me as a muslim, Jesus is a prophet (no offence to christians who see Jesus as Gods son)
Jesus as a prophet was when on earth one of the best spiritual teachers to ever live. And no of course he was not mentally ill and only thought he was messiah.
To the Christians Jesus is the Messiah

John1.12

Free gift

If people rise from the dead ,then i listen.

John1.12

Free gift

I think we've considered this probability and immediately dismissed it ,given the narrative .

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The control is government. Rome gave him a traitors/terrorists death i can only assume the government of the day agreed with me ;)
The Roman occupation of Israel was despotic. I would respect anyone* who fought against that.

*(I am not offering an opinion as whether or not the historical Jesus did fight the Roman occupation or to what degree.)

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The Roman occupation of Israel was despotic. I would respect anyone* who fought against that.

*(I am not offering an opinion as whether or not the historical Jesus did fight the Roman occupation or to what degree.)

Probably true, Rome ruled with an bronze eagle but it was the official government.

Nimos

Well :)

Jesus didn't write anything, so we don't know what exactly he said and didn't say, so whether or not he might have suffered from it is unknown. But clearly those that wrote about him, thought he was very special.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Jesus didn't write anything, so we don't know what exactly he said and didn't say, so whether or not he might have suffered from it is unknown. But clearly those that wrote about him, thought he was very special.
Some of those who wrote about him thought he was very special.

Ok, maybe most, at least out of the writings that have survived, thought he was special. But not all. And who knows how many writings did not survive.

(and of course those who didn’t think he was special were less inclined to write about him.)

Kelly of the Phoenix

I don’t think it matters if he wrote anything because what mattered was what the churches wanted to say about him.