• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus genes

Bob the Unbeliever

With some reptiles,crocodiles, alligators, turtles, the temperature of the incubating nest determines the sex of the babies. I don't know if that holds true for parthenogenesis in reptiles.

I have no idea if it does or not as well. I do know that parthenogenesis, in some species, yields a haploid individual, rather than a diploid one.

We see this in plants all the time; they only have 1/2 the usual number of genes-- which works, as most life on earth uses gene pairs, meaning 1/2 of them are redundant, and switched off.

It's been too many years since I studied this stuff, but I remember some species of Ferns live most of their lives as haploid plants, combine for a short cycle as diploid individuals, then go back to a haploid cycle. Note-- the individual does not change from one to the other-- the cycle is a generational behavior.

I think there are some jellyfish which do this too.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What do blasting trumpets have to do with the sex of a clone?

It's an English idiom. Another one is It won't happen until the fat lady sings.

Just means until something unmistakable happens (usually something fiction or totally out there like aliens), John won't win the game.

John has lost the game every year and it would take a miracle first before he wins this season.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
My point is God made Jesus via miracle power--the blood on the shroud is eloquent testimony--female mother, godly Father.

What? That was the print from a statue in the middle ages with some blood form the locals. Lol.

Ciao

- viole

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I answered your question with a question. How do you know exactly when God works in the natural or supernatural, for a given system?

Billard. Answering a question with a question isn't giving me new information or opinions to progress the conversation.

It's a distractive technique not useful in conversations.

Can jesus be born with only female chromosones?

Then I will answer your question.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
You are unfamiliar with the statement of scientists who reviewed the shroud that it could not be reproduced by any means?

You mean real scientists or papists?

Anyway, latest analysis conducted by forensic experts in Italy showed clearly that it was a forgery. Obviously,

But suppose that was really an impression of the body of Jesus. And? We have a much less controversial body of Tutankhamen in much better shape, Does that mean Ra is more likely?

Ciao

- viole

Bob the Unbeliever

You are unfamiliar with the statement of scientists who reviewed the shroud that it could not be reproduced by any means?

That would be a false claim, if true. Several scientists have reproduced the "magic" shroud more than once.

Moreover? Analysis of the 2-D image, to see what sort of 3-D shape would be needed to make it?

The head would have to be freakishly huge-- and the "body" would be something like 7 feet tall, too.

No-- the Shroud is clearly a painting, from someone who was clueless how 3-D images project onto 2-D surfaces. Anyone playing Video Games since the old DOOM game, who has fiddled with the skins? Understands this very well.

Someone from the 10th or 11th century? Had no clue, didn't want a clue, and was only interested in Cashing Out on the Relic Craze of that time and place.

It ought to be noted that if you were to add up the volume of pieces of the One True Cross? You'd get sufficient material to build Yankee Stadium or similar structure.

The same goes for "bones" of the "apostles": Enough for a reasonably large army.

Kelly of the Phoenix

That wouldn't be parthenogenesis, though; that's just a malfunction of the father's chromosomes.
But what if Mary was a carrier for her father's wonky DNA?

What answer are you looking for?
The one that answers the question asked?

Why couldn't or wouldn't God just ex nihilo up some genetic material to join with Mary's? Seems a better solution than leaving Jesus as a haploid organism with diploid traits.
If Jesus is supposed to be a second Adam, why be born anyway? Just poof him out of a bag of dirt.

Is jesus a human being like us?
Yes. I feel the top candidates for father are Joseph or "Gabriel". I mean, given the very young ages for the girls men married, it wouldn't be too hard for "Gabriel" to spin Mary some magical story while he has fun with an ignorant girl. I doubt there were sex ed classes. There are women in the modern era who don't even know where their vaginas are on a map.

When artificial insemination is performed, where does the sperm come from?
Another human. If God artificially inseminated Mary, that still makes the human source of the sperm the actual father, not God.

He was born of a human with primitive male genes?
Possibly. The Y chromosome was not always the stunted little thing it is today. A more primitive Y would be closer to the X.

Jesus was.
I mean, not technically.

Miracle of God
Through Gabriel, he blew up her belly, and she became pregnant
See my thoughts on the paternity above.

You could look at it that way, but he'd have to be a clone of something, another male who was identical to him in every way. Of course, if one believes that Jesus is God (I'm not sure if he is, but it's largely irrelevant to me anyway), God can do anything he wants or needs to do to get a job done. He could easily manipulate or create DNA for this particular instance.
Maybe the real problem is that Mary isn't actually the mother, but a surrogate mother. God could implant a zygote or an embryo in her and she'd carry it but not be the genetic mother.

People would argue that the lineages would be affected, but these people don't know it's an option anyway. Besides, the lineages are of Joseph, who isn't even supposed to be involved anyway.

Maa Durga took birth as a human girl simply to deliver a message to the king who was trying to kill Krishna.
Kansa makes Herod look like an adorable amateur.

Easy. He has paternal genes from God!
And in true hypocritical fashion, had the audacity to be mad about the nephilim.

I dont know. I dont have any opinions of what jesus etc could have been in the god-sense.
It's more difficult when you realize Genesis basically states that godhood could be obtained by eating special fruit. The bar for divinity was rather pathetically low, a bar shared by any culture that had divinity-granting fruit/drink/salad/whatever.

Why ask what he is able to do, or not able to do?
Why not? We end up knowing our parents' strengths and weaknesses if they're around. If God's around, why keep it a secret?

*The answer, based on Genesis, is that God fears we, who are made in His image, can become like Him. He will do anything to keep us from this fact. Maybe He shouldn't have made us like Him if He didn't want us to be like Him.

If as you say god has no chromosomes then all JCs chromosomes would have been female. I.e x'x, therefore he would have been female
And maybe there's a reason he doesn't seem too eager to get into sexual relationships.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
But what if Mary was a carrier for her father's wonky DNA?

The one that answers the question asked?

If Jesus is supposed to be a second Adam, why be born anyway? Just poof him out of a bag of dirt.

Yes. I feel the top candidates for father are Joseph or "Gabriel". I mean, given the very young ages for the girls men married, it wouldn't be too hard for "Gabriel" to spin Mary some magical story while he has fun with an ignorant girl. I doubt there were sex ed classes. There are women in the modern era who don't even know where their vaginas are on a map.

Another human. If God artificially inseminated Mary, that still makes the human source of the sperm the actual father, not God.

Possibly. The Y chromosome was not always the stunted little thing it is today. A more primitive Y would be closer to the X.

I mean, not technically.

See my thoughts on the paternity above.

Maybe the real problem is that Mary isn't actually the mother, but a surrogate mother. God could implant a zygote or an embryo in her and she'd carry it but not be the genetic mother.

People would argue that the lineages would be affected, but these people don't know it's an option anyway. Besides, the lineages are of Joseph, who isn't even supposed to be involved anyway.

Kansa makes Herod look like an adorable amateur.

And in true hypocritical fashion, had the audacity to be mad about the nephilim.

It's more difficult when you realize Genesis basically states that godhood could be obtained by eating special fruit. The bar for divinity was rather pathetically low, a bar shared by any culture that had divinity-granting fruit/drink/salad/whatever.

Why not? We end up knowing our parents' strengths and weaknesses if they're around. If God's around, why keep it a secret?

*The answer, based on Genesis, is that God fears we, who are made in His image, can become like Him. He will do anything to keep us from this fact. Maybe He shouldn't have made us like Him if He didn't want us to be like Him.

And maybe there's a reason he doesn't seem too eager to get into sexual relationships.
The whole point of Jesus was that he was fully human, i.e. experienced everything we experience, including family relationships and being born. I don't believe there was a literal Adam poofed out of a literal pile of dirt any way.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The whole point of Jesus was that he was fully human, i.e. experienced everything we experience, including family relationships and being born. I don't believe there was a literal Adam poofed out of a literal pile of dirt any way.

He wasn't fully human. He would need to be female or have a Y chromosones from another source. If not Joseph, who?

Genetics make one a human not just how he relates to his environment.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
He wasn't fully human. He would need to be female or have a Y chromosones from another source. If not Joseph, who?

Genetics make one a human not just how he relates to his environment.
If God created genes indistinguishable from the genes of other humans and merged then with Mary's, that's "fully human".

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If God created genes indistinguishable from the genes of other humans and merged then with Mary's, that's "fully human".

That's not in scripture. How did you that conclusion come up? It's scripture that jesus didn't have a father; so, by scripture, he would have XX chromosomes. We can make educated guesses of how jesus could have been' though, they are guesses. Does god define humans by their chromosomes?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Billard. Answering a question with a question isn't giving me new information or opinions to progress the conversation.

It's a distractive technique not useful in conversations.

Can jesus be born with only female chromosones?

Then I will answer your question.

Yes, Jesus can be born with only female chromosomes... He wasn't planning on having earthly children. There is good evidence the Turin Shroud is real.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You mean real scientists or papists?

Anyway, latest analysis conducted by forensic experts in Italy showed clearly that it was a forgery. Obviously,

But suppose that was really an impression of the body of Jesus. And? We have a much less controversial body of Tutankhamen in much better shape, Does that mean Ra is more likely?

Ciao

- viole

Scientists who worked on the shroud included non-Messianic Jews--they are STILL unable to reproduce the shroud image using known techniques. And are you aware that 1st century images appear on the shroud, unknown to Renaissance artists who lacked archaeology?