• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' Four Failed Prophecies About Him Returning In The Lifetimes Of His Apostles

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't know where you got that stuff, but Baha'u'llah does say that in one sense any Manifestation can call Himself God as He perfectly represents all of God's attributes. He is also God's servant in another sense. In fact he can say He is God because He is God's complete servant.

You are being very disrespectful and sarcastic by calling Baha'u'llah B,man. Is that very loving to Trailblazer?
Duane, do you really think those quotes are accurate? Do you think Baha'u'llah actually wrote those things?

samtonga43

I don't know where you got that stuff, but Baha'u'llah does say that in one sense any Manifestation can call Himself God as He perfectly represents all of God's attributes. He is also God's servant in another sense. In fact he can say He is God because He is God's complete servant.
As I thought. Thank you for clearing this up..
You are being very disrespectful and sarcastic by calling Baha'u'llah B,man.
Well, to me he’s just a man who believes he can call himself God.

samtonga43

C:\Users\Eileen\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
Jesus was before Abraham because the soul of Jesus existed in heaven long before Abraham was born. That does not mean Jesus is God.
‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘before Abraham was born, I am!’ At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds” The violent response of the Jews to Jesus’ “I AM” statement indicates they clearly understood what He was declaring—that He was the eternal God incarnate. Jesus was equating Himself with the "I AM" title God gave Himself in Exodus 3:14.
If Jesus had merely wanted to say He existed before Abraham’s time, He would have said, “Before Abraham, I was.” The Greek words translated “was,” in the case of Abraham, and “am,” in the case of Jesus, are quite different. Abraham was “brought into being,” but Jesus existed eternally (see John 1:1)). But Jesus committed no blasphemy; He was and is God, the second Person of the Godhead, equal to the Father in every way.
I AM the Bread of Life
I AM the Light of the World
I AM the Door of the Sheep
I AM the Good Shepherd
I AM the Resurrection and the Life
I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life
I AM the True Vine
What did Jesus mean when He said 'I AM'? | GotQuestions.org
All power to do what?
In this case, to calm the storm. Can't you read?
Colossians 1:16 is complete blarney and contradicts John 1, which says that all things were made by God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made. John 1

For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. Colossians 1:16
So… All things were made by God. No contradiction unless one is desperate to find one.
If this claim was not so laughable it would be sickening. I don’t know whether to laugh or get sick. Again, the verses Christians use to try to prove Jesus is God do the exact opposite.
How can anyone be so deluded? I think it is really about an inability to reason and understand what verses mean. Either they are just plain stupid or they are reading into these verses and trying to make them mean that Jesus is God.
Believe me, Tb, I do know why you are so vehemently opposed to the Triune God.
Lol! You remind me of that telling quote from Hamlet: "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
I have read all of Acts 2, over and over again, but I am not going to post all of it. I was asking about one specific verse that has a particular meaning in context.
The context is the whole of Acts 2. You don’t see it?
What do you think I am going to find out by reading it again in the ESV that I have not already stated? It is ALL a matter of interpretation after all. You have one interpretation and I have another. I did read the ESV an di did nit see anything that would disprove what I believe.
I suggested the E.S.V. because I thought it might help you. It is a better translation than the one you use.
You say that “It is ALL a matter of interpretation”. I wonder if you believe that all interpretations are equally valid…?

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
It's My Birthday!
Probably, but how do I know?
As I thought. Thank you for clearing this up..

Well, to me he’s just a man who believes he can call himself God.
You left out that part where I said:Is that very loving to Trailblazer? My point was it might hurt her feelings to call Baha'u'llah B,Man.

samtonga43

Probably, but how do I know?

You left out that part where I said:Is that very loving to Trailblazer? My point was it might hurt her feelings to call Baha'u'llah B,Man.

Sometimes it is more loving to 'say it as it is'. He is a man and 'B.' is a shortened version of his name.