• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' Four Failed Prophecies About Him Returning In The Lifetimes Of His Apostles

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Psalm 16:10 mentions the Resurrection of the Messiah. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
As SZ said that is a quote out of context. In context it does not mention the resurrection.
Besides that, not seeing corruption does not equate to rising for the dead.

Skywalker

The fictitious Jesus conceived by Christianity tries to make Him to be something He never was and never will be, God incarnate, the third person of a Trinity, and a man who rose from the dead, a man who came to save us from an original sin that was never committed, and a King Messiah who is going to return to earth someday.

The the sole prerogative of Jesus Christ, if we'll follow and surrender to Him, is as follows:

“…those who turned toward the Word of God and received the profusion of His bounties—were saved from this attachment and sin, obtained everlasting life, were delivered from the chains of bondage, and attained to the world of liberty. They were freed from the vices of the human world, and were blessed by the virtues of the Kingdom. This is the meaning of the words of Christ, “I gave My blood for the life of the world” 6 —that is to say, I have chosen all these troubles, these sufferings, calamities, and even the greatest martyrdom, to attain this object, the remission of sins” Some Answered Questions, p. 125

The Trinity is mentioned in the Old Testament. Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Is Jesus Christ The Angel of The Lord? – Finding Christ In The Old Testament

Who did Moses see in the burning bush? It was Jesus Christ.

Is Jesus The Angel of The Lord? Does Jesus Christ Appear In The Old Testament? What Was Jesus Doing During Old Testament Times?- A Biblical Study

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. – Jesus Christ, John 5:39.

When Jesus Christ made the statement above, the “scriptures” at the time consisted solely of the Old Testament. And it raises a question that is often asked in the church – where is Jesus Christ in The Old Testament? Was Jesus sitting in Heaven just observing the world during the time of the Old Testament or was He actively interacting with humanity and appearing all throughout the Scriptures? This article will show that Jesus Christ indeed appears throughout the Old Testament and that the concept of God existing in more than one person was well-understood in ancient Jewish culture. And the mysterious Angel of The Lord, featured in the Old Testament, is indeed the Savior, Jesus Christ.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The word resurrection is not used in Isaiah 53:10, but it's plainly implied. How does someone die and yet 'prolong his days'? Clearly, this passage speaks of the servant's continued activities after his death. And there's only one explanation for that-resurrection. Isaiah 52:13-53:12 is an important passage. It's almost as if God said, 'I want to make it so absolutely clear Yeshua is the Messiah that it's undeniable." I almost feel as if God would have to apologize to the human race and to the Jewish people for putting this passage into the scriptures when it so clearly points to Yeshua if he didn't really mean that.
We have been over this before, the "suffering servant" was Israel.

Who is God's Suffering Servant? The Rabbinic Interpretation of Isaiah 53 | Outreach Judaism

Why do you keep revisiting lost arguments?

And why did you not own up to your error of quote mining the Bible? I would not do that seriously but you have no problem abusing what should be a holy book to you.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Trinity is mentioned in the Old Testament. Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Is Jesus Christ The Angel of The Lord? – Finding Christ In The Old Testament
That verse has nothing to do with the Christian doctrine of the Trinity that states that God is three persons in one.

samtonga43

Nope, when a rude person makes false accusations and refuses to discuss topics politely they are not worth the effort. Especially people that pretend to understand logical fallacies.

I understand completely.:grinning:

I can say that most atheists are not very smart, but it would be an assumption, since what I mean is that those atheists I have observed for many years are not very smart. Once I have observed and listened to the views of every atheist in the world I will be able to say that I have evidence.

I hope you get the point.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I understand completely.:grinning:

I can say that most atheists are not very smart, but it would be an assumption, since what I mean is that those atheists I have observed for many years are not very smart. Once I have observed and listened to the views of every atheist in the world I will be able to say that I have evidence.

I hope you get the point.

No, you really don't. It is so sad that you do not appear to understand the difference between an explanation and an excuse.

If you want a proper discussion you need to be polite. Otherwise all you merit is corrections.

Skywalker

That verse has nothing to do with the Christian doctrine of the Trinity that states that God is three persons in one.

The Old Testament mentions the Trinity. The Biblical Concept of the Complex Unity of God

Our first Orthodox Jewish rabbi is Moses, who teaches us about the Complex Unity of God in Genesis 19. The context is of YHWH coming to earth and speaking - and even dining with - Abram just before He destroys the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorra:

כד וַיהוָה, הִמְטִיר עַל-סְדֹם וְעַל-עֲמֹרָה--גָּפְרִית וָאֵשׁ: מֵאֵת
יְהוָה, מִן-הַשָּׁמָיִם.
(Hebrew)

24 Then the LORD caused to rain upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

Transliterated, it would read thus:

24 Then YHWH caused to rain upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from YHWH out of heaven;
That is YHWH on earth calling down judgement from YHWH in heaven, and it's taken from the Jewish Publication Society's online Mechon-Mamre Bible. Definitely not a "Christian" Bible.

Skywalker

We have been over this before, the "suffering servant" was Israel.

Who is God's Suffering Servant? The Rabbinic Interpretation of Isaiah 53 | Outreach Judaism

Why do you keep revisiting lost arguments?

And why did you not own up to your error of quote mining the Bible? I would not do that seriously but you have no problem abusing what should be a holy book to you.

The Suffering Servant being Israel is an interpretation that doesn't line up with what the Bible teaches. THE MOSHIACH

Sadly, the Jews are looking for a moshiach—a super hero so-to-speak; but not a divine Savior in any way. This super leader will be a great judge and a mighty warrior and will to lead their nation politically to victory, but he will be a mere man with no special powers from God...

The moshiach will be a great political leader descended from King David (Jeremiah 23:5). The moshiach is often referred to as "moshiach ben David" (moshiach, son of David). He will be well-versed in Jewish law, and observant of its commandments (Isaiah 11:2-5). He will be a charismatic leader, inspiring others to follow his example. He will be a great military leader, who will win battles for Israel. He will be a great judge, who makes righteous decisions (Jeremiah 33:15). But above all, he will be a human being, not a god, demi-god or other supernatural being.

SOURCE: Judaism 101: Moshiach: The Messiah

What a denial of the Christian faith! John 3:16 proclaims, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

The moshiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).

This is a theological nightmare. Zionists are making the same fatal mistake which Abraham and Sarai made, when they didn't believe God would give them a son as promised. So Sarai offered her Egyptian handmaid, Hagar, to Abraham to get her pregnant instead, and Abraham did. However, God refused to bless the child in the place of the son God had promised Abraham and Sarai. They disbelieved God and took things into their own hands, causing a mess for generations to come, even until this modern time. The Arab world descended from Hagar's son, Ishmael. Afterward, God did keep his promise and Isaac was born by Sarai. Abraham was 100-years old and Sarai 90-years old when Isaac was born.

Skywalker

Why trusts that source? You need something better than a site made by a high school student to have a valid argument.

The Bible never says that the Messiah is a political figure who isn't God. People have advanced many false messiahs and imposter Jesuses in their own image, but none has the power to save us or to transform us into new creations. That is the sole prerogative of Jesus Christ, if we'll follow and surrender to Him.

THE MOSHIACH

The moshiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Bible never says that the Messiah is a political figure who isn't God. People have advanced many false messiahs and imposter Jesuses in their own image, but none has the power to save us or to transform us into new creations. That is the sole prerogative of Jesus Christ, if we'll follow and surrender to Him.

THE MOSHIACH
Why would the Bible need to state the obvious? You keep forgetting that until you demonstrate that the Bible is reliable that it is NOT a reliable source. And since it fails almost every rational test put to it why even believe it in the first place?

samtonga43

Why would the Bible need to state the obvious? You keep forgetting that until you demonstrate that the Bible is reliable that it is NOT a reliable source. And since it fails almost every rational test put to it why even believe it in the first place?

Can you show that the Bible fails almost every rational test put to it?

samtonga43

No, you really don't. It is so sad that you do not appear to understand the difference between an explanation and an excuse.
Oh, I really do. And I really can tell the difference between an explanation and an excuse. You would have explained if you could have. You ran away.

Since you have not responded are we to assume that you do not understand the statement above?

If you do understand it, can you refute the statement?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh, I really do. And I really can tell the difference between an explanation and an excuse. You would have explained if you could have. You ran away.

Since you have not responded are we to assume that you do not understand the statement above?

If you do understand it, can you refute the statement?
I did explain. At best you could not afford to understand.

Now I am ignoring most of the nonsense that you post since you seem to have a far harder time than I do of supporting one's own claims. Here is a hint, avoid posting obvious falsehoods.

When you can debate properly then I will gladly go into more detail.

Skywalker

To Jews, God is the Creator-a personal, all-powerful Spirit who revealed himself to Abraham and to the prophets, promising someday to manifest as the Messiah.

Skywalker

And another "So what?" post.

The Old Testament talks about God manifesting as the Messiah. Zechariah 14:1-21

Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken, The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then the LORD will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle. And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south. Then you shall flee through My mountain valley, For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee As you fled from the earthquake In the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Thus the LORD my God will come, And all the saints with You. It shall come to pass in that day That there will be no light; The lights will diminish. It shall be one day Which is known to the LORD— Neither day nor night. But at evening time it shall happen That it will be light. And in that day it shall be That living waters shall flow from Jerusalem, Half of them toward the eastern sea And half of them toward the western sea; In both summer and winter it shall occur. And the LORD shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be— “The LORD is one,” And His name one. All the land shall be turned into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be raised up and inhabited in her place from Benjamin’s Gate to the place of the First Gate and the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the king’s winepresses. The people shall dwell in it; And no longer shall there be utter destruction, But Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited. And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. It shall come to pass in that day That a great panic from the LORD will be among them. Everyone will seize the hand of his neighbor, And raise his hand against his neighbor’s hand; Judah also will fight at Jerusalem. And the wealth of all the surrounding nations Shall be gathered together: Gold, silver, and apparel in great abundance. Such also shall be the plague On the horse and the mule, On the camel and the donkey, And on all the cattle that will be in those camps. So shall this plague be. And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain. If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. In that day “ HOLINESS TO THE LORD ” shall be engraved on the bells of the horses. The pots in the LORD’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar. Yes, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holiness to the LORD of hosts. Everyone who sacrifices shall come and take them and cook in them. In that day there shall no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.