• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' Four Failed Prophecies About Him Returning In The Lifetimes Of His Apostles

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Bible is there to make you wise unto salvation, which is 2 Timothy 3:16. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

It's not going to tell you everything about everything. It couldn't, it's a limited document just like anything else. All writing is selective. You got to leave out a lot more than what you could say.
Like most Christians you do not appear to understand that verse. It does not say that the Bible is literally true. It does not defend your belief in the myths of Genesis.

Skywalker

Like most Christians you do not appear to understand that verse. It does not say that the Bible is literally true. It does not defend your belief in the myths of Genesis.

The Bible is not cryptic when it talks about the second coming of Jesus. People don't interpret the Bible the right way because most people aren't seeking God, we're running from Him, because we want to do our own thing. Half the time I wanna do that, don't you? Just being honest. What is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ? | GotQuestions.org

As a result of the prophecies seeming to speak of two individuals, many Jewish scholars believed there would be both a suffering Messiah and a conquering Messiah. What they failed to understand is that there is only one Messiah and He would fulfill both roles. Jesus fulfilled the role of the suffering servant (Isaiah chapter 53) in His first coming. Jesus will fulfill the role of Israel’s deliverer and King in His second coming. Zechariah 12:10 and Revelation 1:7, describing the second coming, look back to Jesus being pierced. Israel, and the whole world, will mourn for not having accepted the Messiah the first time He came.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Bible is not cryptic when it talks about the second coming of Jesus. People don't interpret the Bible the right way because most people aren't seeking God, we're running from Him, because we want to do our own thing. Half the time I wanna do that, don't you? Just being honest. What is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ? | GotQuestions.org
LOL! It is extremely cryptic. Why do you keep relying on lying resources? Why can't you try to find honest ones?

Skywalker

LOL! It is extremely cryptic. Why do you keep relying on lying resources? Why can't you try to find honest ones?

People interpret the Bible to see what they want to see. People take the Bible out of context. Will the generation that saw Israel re-formed as a nation still be alive for the Second Coming? | GotQuestions.org

Question: "Will the generation that saw Israel re-formed as a nation still be alive for the Second Coming?"

Answer:
This concept is usually drawn from Matthew 24:34, “I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.” The previous verses, Matthew 24:1-33, describe end-times events in relation to Israel. As a result, some interpreters thought that the end times would begin when Israel was “reconstituted” as a nation (which happened in 1948). However, as more and more time passed from 1948, the time span of a “generation” began to lengthen and lengthen. It has now been more than 60 years – which is far beyond any standard definition of a generation.

The biggest problem with this teaching is that it completely misunderstands Matthew 24:34. What the context appears to say is that once the end-times events begin to happen, they will happen quickly. Further, Jesus’ prophetic words in Matthew 24 seem to have a “double fulfillment.” Some of the events occurred in A.D. 70 when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and Israel. Other events (24:29-31, for example) have clearly not yet occurred. Some of Jesus’ words occurred shortly after He spoke them (this generation will not pass); others have not yet occurred. To answer your question directly, no, it is not scriptural to teach that the generation that sees Israel become a nation will also see the second coming of Jesus Christ. This may be the case, but Scripture does not specifically say so.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
People interpret the Bible to see what they want to see. People take the Bible out of context. Will the generation that saw Israel re-formed as a nation still be alive for the Second Coming? | GotQuestions.org
And you keep on relying on demonstrably dishonest sources. Why should anyone respond when you do that?

But you are right. Christians are quite often of interpreting the Bible for what they want to see. Your source is very guilty of that sin.

So why use them?

Skywalker

And you keep on relying on demonstrably dishonest sources. Why should anyone respond when you do that?

But you are right. Christians are quite often of interpreting the Bible for what they want to see. Your source is very guilty of that sin.

So why use them?

Unbelievers interpret the Bible to see what they want to see. Most people don't want to know God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Unbelievers interpret the Bible to see what they want to see. Most people don't want to know God.
That is pure BS. Try again.

Do not make false claims about others. You don't see me claiming that those that reject evolution doing so because they are idiots.

You keep using lying sources. Why do you do that?

Skywalker

That is pure BS. Try again.

Do not make false claims about others. You don't see me claiming that those that reject evolution doing so because they are idiots.

You keep using lying sources. Why do you do that?

The Bible talks about the second coming of the Messiah, but people mistaken those verses to be talking about a political figure Messiah. Does the Bible teach that there would be two comings of the Messiah? | GotQuestions.org

The Old Testament had several mysteries regarding the Messiah: would He be a divine figure or a human descendant of David? The New Testament gives the answer—both, because of the Incarnation. Would the Messiah be cut off or reign forever? The New Testament gives the answer—both, because of the Resurrection. Would the Messiah come to suffer or to reign? The New Testament once again gives the answer—both, because He would come twice.

The idea that the Messiah would come once to suffer and again to reign is not clearly taught in the Old Testament, although the doctrine is completely consistent with Old Testament teaching. Further, the second coming resolves some of the apparently contradictory teachings about the Messiah in the Old Testament.

Skywalker

Fail. Try again.

If you keep using a lying source I will simply point out your failure. Do you want a discussion or not?

The Bible is there to make us wise unto salvation it's not going to tell us everything about everything, it can't, its a limited document. 2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Does the Old Testament truly predict a second advent of the Messiah? | GotQuestions.org

Question: "Does the Old Testament truly predict a second advent of the Messiah?"

Answer:
The Old Testament does prophesy the second coming of Christ, also referred to as the second advent of the Messiah. Some Old Testament prophecies concern the first advent, when Christ was born as a human being. Others concern the second advent, which is the ultimate triumph of this Messiah. It’s important to remember that prophecy does not describe the future in the same detail as history describes the past. So, while the prophecies of the Old Testament certainly describe both the first and second advents, most early interpretations of these prophecies melded them into a single event. Particularly during the years leading up to Jesus’ birth, it was assumed Messiah would be a political/military figure with an immediate worldly kingdom (Luke 19:11). In the light of Jesus’ ministry, it is possible to understand the true purpose of Christ and the real nature of His kingdom.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Bible is there to make us wise unto salvation it's not going to tell us everything about everything, it can't, its a limited document. 2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Does the Old Testament truly predict a second advent of the Messiah? | GotQuestions.org
Whenever you are ready for a serious discussion I am willing to have one.

Skywalker

Whenever you are ready for a serious discussion I am willing to have one.

People trust what the clergy say about the Bible more than what the Bible actually says. I believed in name it and claim it teachings in the past because I trusted what the clergy said more than what the Bible says. Isaiah 9:6 mentions that the Messiah is God incarnated. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Appearances can be deceptive.;)

Are you saying that you openly lied? That would be the only other logical conscusion.

SZ, I have never come across a poster (and I have encountered many posters) whose illogicality runs rampant through her/his posts.
Massive projection on your part again. You jump to conclusions far too rapidly and this was shown in our past discussion. You failed to show any logical fallacies in the past and you will fail to do so again.

Aren't you the one that made false claims about me treating all Christians as literalists?