• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Dying for Our Sins

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
My spiritual business is that I have no spiritual business. There is no God, no Allah, no Apollo, no Great Juju at the bottom of the sea and no Jesus. These are just products of human's infancy.

So, am I hell bound?

Ciao

- viole

I do not know you and I am not God. I have no idea where you'll end up in the after life.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I do not know you and I am not God. I have no idea where you'll end up in the after life.

C'mon now. I am not offended if you say that I am hell bound. That offends me as much as the threat of not getting any presents from Santa next Christmas.

And, if you have no idea, what is this paved way you are talking about?

Ciao

- viole

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
C'mon now. I am not offended if you say that I am hell bound. That offends me as much as the threat of not getting any presents from Santa next Christmas.

And, if you have no idea, what is this paved way you are talking about?

Ciao

- viole

I've already answered your second question in this thread. I meant what I said. I have no idea what you're after life looks like.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I'm comfortable believing that I will return to God.

How do you know that? What makes you so comfortable?

I ask because you seem to have sufficient criteria to avoid hell. What are they?

Ciao

- viole

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
How do you know that? What makes you so comfortable?

I ask because you seem to have sufficient criteria to avoid hell. What are they?

Ciao

- viole

My faith and salvation is in Christ. In Christ, I am at peace. Where there is love, there is God.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
My faith and salvation is in Christ. In Christ, I am at peace. Where there is love, there is God.

Is faith in Christ only a sufficient condition for salvation, or is it also a necessary one?

Ciao

- viole

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Is faith in Christ only a sufficient condition for salvation, or is it also a necessary one?

Ciao

- viole

The answers are found in love and a desire for good, in my opinion. Salvation is possible because of Christ. It's in love where we commune with God. It's through acts of love that we show Christ's love.

It's through love that we fulfill God's law to the fullest. Love is a common thread that can be experienced and, shared and demonstrated by most of us.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
My spiritual business is that I have no spiritual business. There is no God, no Allah, no Apollo, no Great Juju at the bottom of the sea and no Jesus. These are just products of human's infancy.

So, am I hell bound?

Ciao

- viole
no afterlife?.....are you really sure?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Do you have any idea what your after life looks like?

Ciao

- viole
it is your mind and heart interacting with others like yourself.

I believe we end up alongside spirit like our own.
How else to be happy?
How else to be fair?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
And who created the adversary, in spite of knowing full
well, in advance, that the adversary would do that (if, indeed, that's true)?

-
I believe God is moving through existence just as we do.
and what the devil decided for himself was not God's handiwork

Domenic

Hell wasn't intended for us. Hell was intended for the adversary and his fallen.

Christ's sacrifice was for all - not some. At the heart of it was perfect love.

God loved me so much that instead of leaving me to spiritual death, he paved a way for eternal spiritual life.

It's still a choice as it was in the beginning. He comes to the believer in Spirit because the believer desires Him.

It's a loving relationship that is nurtured. It's often a roller coaster of ups and downs. It's a daily learning experience.

It's very much a spiritual relationship. That's the crux of it.

The word Hell comes from the word, Hades...it is also called, Sheol. It is the common grave of mankind. All who die are in the grave.
When Jesus returns he will not bring you to a spiritual life...he will bring you back to a physical life. Humans were not created to be spirits, but physical beings.
Religions teach after we die we go to heaven...not true. Have you not read, Ps 37:11..."But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace."
Man was never designed to go to Heaven. The religions of the earth falsely teach Paradise is Heaven...Paradise will be on earth.

Domenic

So, am I hell bound?

Ciao

- viole

I tell you the truth, All who believe, and all who do not believe in, God, and his son, Jesus, will stand before God. Some to life, some to judgement...
No human knows who will stand before God for life, and who will stand before God for judgement. When Jesus returns all will see him. Those who reject him after seeing him God will destroy with fire. Not believing in God does not make you a bad person, it could be you are just blind to the truth?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
no afterlife?.....are you really sure?

I am not sure that there is no afterlife. I am not even sure that I am not a brain in a vet manipulated by invisible aliens.

I would say both scenarios are equally plausible.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Not every atheist is Hell bound. But why take the risk?

What risk?

If I tell you that there is an invisible race of aliens, hiding behind the moon, that is soon going to kill anyone who does not howl to the moon every night, wearing a silly looking red hat, what would you do?

Would you start howling to the moon wearing a silly red hat, or would you take the risk?

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I tell you the truth, All who believe, and all who do not believe in, God, and his son, Jesus, will stand before God. Some to life, some to judgement...
No human knows who will stand before God for life, and who will stand before God for judgement. When Jesus returns all will see him. Those who reject him after seeing him God will destroy with fire. Not believing in God does not make you a bad person, it could be you are just blind to the truth?

I tell you the truth. There is no Jesus.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Are there not douche bags who willfully do heinous things without care as to how their actions impact others or what type of repercussions they may be owed? When I think of hell bound people, these are the types that come to mind.
Fine, but how about all those who haven't heard what one has to do in order to avoid hell? Just going to ignore them?

Let me repeat: They were evil.
Yes I know, but what does this have to do with god using hell to punish sinners.

In fact, why even bother punishing those who don't toe his line? What does it accomplish?

Clearly, God does care and such care is demonstrated throughout the bible.
You said

"I believe it was the adversary who set us up to be hell bound, not God."
Implying that it isn't god's fault that he sends us to hell. But if this is true then either he doesn't care if some of us go to hell, or he's unable to correct what the "adversary" set us up to be. Take your pick.

How stimulating can a conversation be here, Skwim, if this boils down to you digging your heels into the ground, insisting that God sucks?
Hey, jump out whenever you like, but please don't counter a point I've made with a cow-hearted, infertile response like "I respectfully disagree."