• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus did not preach a salvation theology

Muffled

Jesus in me
I knew Matthew, Mark, and Luke left something out of that parable. Thanks for shedding darkness on the matter. Now I see it clearly and understand perfectly.

I believe you are saying you know that because you heard Jesus speak the parable but Matthew, Peter and the witnesses Luke talked to didn't.

leov

I do not believe He was that general. He spoke of spirituality in terms of the Kingdom of God and the Paraclete.
Kingdom of God is spiritual dimension, gospel of Christ was spiritual dimension is near. Spiritual dimension in you, in your reach.

Terry Sampson

• In wizanda's post, I read: "The Bible is a book of Dark Parables, and people see it as a good book, so they miss the wisdom to see the darkness."
  • I responded: "I knew Matthew, Mark, and Luke left something out of that parable. Thanks for shedding darkness on the matter. Now I see it clearly and understand perfectly."
  • The "thing" that I facetiously claimed that Matthew, Mark, and Luke omitted in their versions of the Parable of the Wicked Husbandmen was the Parable's "Darkness". And so I thanked wizanda for "shedding darkness" on the matter, because with it I see the Parable clearly and understand it perfectly. I was mocking wizanda's claim that one needs see the darkness of the Bible in order to understand its Parables.

JesusKnowsYou

Paulism or Paulanity is not the only Gospel teaching of Jesus.

Gospel of Thomas is very much different than the other Gospels. It is composed of 114 unvarnished sayings of Jesus. There are no narratives, no stories, no second party commentary, no Romans, no Pharisees. Rather than being presented through the the eyes of others, the reader encounters a more direct unfiltered experience of Jesus.

The idea is for each reader to deeply ponder each saying so that each reader discovers their own insights and revelations. The goal is to internalize the words so as to be transformed by them.

The Gospel of Thomas found in 1945 has been dated to have been a copy written between 130 and 250 AD. It could have been written earlier and but this is the earliest known copy.

This short video titled, "Jesus did not preach salvation theology -- Gnosis vs Salvation" is a nice quick introduction:

"The Gospel of Thomas (also known as the Coptic Gospel of Thomas) is a non-canonical sayings gospel. It was discovered near Nag Hammadi, Egypt, in December 1945 among a group of books known as the Nag Hammadi library. Scholars speculate that the works were buried in response to a letter from Bishop Athanasius declaring a strict canon of Christian scripture.[1][2]

The Coptic-language text, the second of seven contained in what modern-day scholars have designated as Codex II, is composed of 114 sayings attributed to Jesus.[3] Almost half of these sayings resemble those found in the canonical gospels, while it is speculated that the other sayings were added from Gnostic tradition.[4] Its place of origin may have been Syria, where Thomasine traditions were strong.[5]"

Gospel of Thomas - Wikipedia

Here's a more detail video with commentary on different sayings:

And the greatness of the internet allows you to read it all for free in PDF format:

Gospel of Thomas (PDF)

What is a belief in God if it is not a belief under all the hatred is love. And underneath the individual is a oneness with everyone else and all of existence. And so one must strongly conclude that what we do to one another we do to ourselves. Here is Jesus saying #70:

#70 "If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you will destroy you."

In other words, we will be destroyed by our own hatreds from within if we do not cultivate a sense of love from within.
I don't understand. Where does it say Jesus did not preach a salvation theology?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion the Gospel of Thomas came later. You can't even say it in a sentence.
All joking aside. The dating of the scrolls found in 1945 was between 130 and 250 AD. This doesn't mean the date it was written. It could have been a copy of an early written parchment.

What I found is that the Bible ends with John's gospel account.
Revelation written before John's account.
So, the Bible ends with John's writings.
If Thomas was written in the first century there would have been mention in Scripture of it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Kingdom of God is spiritual dimension, gospel of Christ was spiritual dimension is near. Spiritual dimension in you, in your reach.
I find Daniel 2:44 ( God's kingdom is a real government ) is more than a spiritual dimension.
God's theocratic government is within one's reach in that one can live by its standards and principles.
However, the location of God's kingdom is heavenly according to Galatians 4:26 being located above.
The ' seat ' of God's kingdom government (New Jerusalem) is located in the spiritual heavens.

leov

I find Daniel 2:44 ( God's kingdom is a real government ) is more than a spiritual dimension.
God's theocratic government is within one's reach in that one can live by its standards and principles.
However, the location of God's kingdom is heavenly according to Galatians 4:26 being located above.
The ' seat ' of God's kingdom government (New Jerusalem) is located in the spiritual heavens.
i do not think that material world's kingdom is spoken of in Daniel .

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Right, I agree it is God's heavenly kingdom government ( thy kingdom come.... )
So, Daniel 2:44-45 is speaking about Jesus (stone) being used to establish God's kingdom on Earth.
In other words, we are asking for God's will, His purpose, to be done here on Earth as it is done in Heaven.
There is No war, No crime, No pollution, No sickness and No death in Heaven, so we are asking for those some heavenly conditions to come and exist right here on Earth.
This is why 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8 speaks of the coming end of 'enemy death' on Earth.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe I see the word "above" that can mean heaven but doesn't have to be Heaven. Personally I believe it is the New Jerusalem and the final resting place of that will be on earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
True, God's kingdom is a heavenly kingdom, but the HUGE statue starts out with a head of material gold.
Daniel tells Babylon's ruler that he is the head of gold at Daniel 2:37.( material world )
After Babylon comes the next human or material rulership of Medo-Persia. ( silver material world )
Followed by Greece the next part representing the material world. (Copper material world )
After Greece comes Rome which is also part of the material world. ( Iron material world )
The statue's legs and and feet brings us down to material Britain and the Untied States.
The feet and toes are of material iron mixed with material clay. Part strong and part weak or fragile.
Such worldly materials do Not chemically bond and do Not stick together. - Daniel 2:41-43
Thus, the worldly material nations are like oil and vinegar; always fragmented politically.
Since such a stature can't remain standing it would collapse.
But before that would happen a ' stone ' hits the political feet.
( we are at the time of the feet right now, or perhaps more like being at the time of the toes or toenails )
That Messianic Kingdom ' stone ' ( cut out of God's mountain,God's universal sovereignty ) God's heavenly government in the hands of Christ Jesus is that No other kingdom or government will ever be passed on to any material world rulers again because God's theocratic heavenly kingdom will stand forever - Revelation 11:15 B.
The Messianic ' stone ' will strike with such crushing impact as if turning that political statue into ground powder.
The wind of God's storm of Armageddon will sweep away the material governmental 'mountains' over mankind thus effecting the whole material world's kingdoms and governments.
God's heavenly Messianic Kingdom ( the new seat of government ) extends its heavenly power down to Earth with blessing all upright peoples of Earth with Peace on Earth among all persons of goodwill.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Saying 114:

Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."

Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the domain of Heaven."

What a peach. :facepalm: