• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Did Not Die On A Cross

Masses of catholics and christians and even others of various religious belief systems believe through mainstream teaching that Jesus died on a cross, was buried and on the third day rose from the dead.

But according to biblical scripture and common sense if you can read with understanding, that's not even true.

In short, what happened was that he was hung on a cross, taken down alive, put in a tomb, his disciples violated the sabbath to bring him healing herbs and spices, then they moved him to another tomb, he hung out with his disciples for a little over a month, offered himself as a sacrifice for the sin of his disciples to atone for their violation of the sabbath and they ate him.

Like I said, if you read the bible with understanding, it is all in scripture.

How do you feel knowing that what you have been taught is not true? For me, when truth was revealed to me, I felt let down, like how I felt as a child when I found out there is no such thing as Santa Claus after all.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Masses of catholics and christians and even others of various religious belief systems believe through mainstream teaching that Jesus died on a cross, was buried and on the third day rose from the dead.

But according to biblical scripture and common sense if you can read with understanding, that's not even true.

Just to clarify, would this be Black Jesus or Semitic Jesus who didn't die on the cross?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
How do you feel knowing that what you have been taught is not true? For me, when truth was revealed to me, I felt let down, like how I felt as a child when I found out there is no such thing as Santa Claus after all.

You are right that Jesus wasn't ''sacrificed''. The 'sacrifice', is not like the temple sacrifice, has nothing to do with the temple, aside from a literary correlation. /theoretically/, breaking the Shabbat would have been ok, Jesus broke the Shabbat.
There is a narrative that Jesus went to Japan, /and elsewhere/, after the crucifixion. That's more likely.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

I only recently incorporated Jesus into my beliefs.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
When you feel that what you have been taught is untrue there are good and bad effects. You mature and learn to be skeptical, and you still retain moral lessons you learned. It can feel very unpleasant like hatching from an egg. It exposes weaknesses in you. Some people value it as a process. A lot depends on you, how old you are and your personality and experiences. I'm the angry type, so I feel lots of anger about things. Some go on as if nothing has happened. Some find it empowering. Look at Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson. Some people benefit, some don't.
In short, what happened was that he was hung on a cross, taken down alive, put in a tomb, his disciples violated the sabbath to bring him healing herbs and spices, then they moved him to another tomb, he hung out with his disciples for a little over a month, offered himself as a sacrifice for the sin of his disciples to atone for their violation of the sabbath and they ate him.
I cannot see how you would verify any of that, especially the eating part. Anyway his body is spiced for burial before he dies. Throughout his ordeal he is already very spicy smelling, because Mary Magdalene anoints him for death ahead of his trial. Also the disciples don't follow the Talmud, so Talmudic rules about spices are specious for speculating about what the disciples consider lawful. That means you have seriously miscalculated about the spice thing, and the eating thing seems preposterous besides. That doesn't mean that you are necessarily wrong, but you have a long way to go to conclude what you have. You certainly didn't get it from the NT.
C'mon. I can say that about any ridiculous thing such as "Jesus only wore 3 teffilin instead of 4. Its obvious if you have the ability to see it!"
That has to be the worst argument in the history of eternity.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Well...technically he did.
Technically they believed he did. I don't see that anyone checked a pulse or used an EKG or EEG on him or anything. Miracles happen more often when you don't know how anatomy works.

Just to clarify, would this be Black Jesus or Semitic Jesus who didn't die on the cross?
I think it was Black Chick Jesus.

Never had the Santa Claus thing. Can't relate
Imagine Jesus except you get cheap presents for being good or coal for being bad or nothing because somehow your parents' poverty influences the decision somehow. Also, you aren't threatened with eternal doom for something Jesus was supposed to have fixed. You just have really cool 80s cartoons/stop motion stuff. :)

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

I agree.
It is extremely easy to get the Bible to read how you want it to read.

GoodbyeDave

In short, what happened was that he was hung on a cross, taken down alive...
As I've had to say before on this forum, crucifixion was execution: the Romans made very sure you were dead! The execution of Jesus was noted by non-Christian writers such as Josephus and Tacitus.

Kent856

he hung out with his disciples for a little over a month, offered himself as a sacrifice for the sin of his disciples to atone for their violation of the sabbath and they ate him.

I can't tell if you're actually serious but since this is a debate and you're free to express your belief, can you show me any sources to back this up?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Imagine Jesus except you get cheap presents for being good or coal for being bad or nothing because somehow your parents' poverty influences the decision somehow. Also, you aren't threatened with eternal doom for something Jesus was supposed to have fixed. You just have really cool 80s cartoons/stop motion stuff. :)

I know who Santa is. I never worshipped him. Actually, the sin forgiveness isn't of that nature. Couldn't be, contextually/if you read Scripture

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Santa ( the god of Christmas ) is Not a biblical teaching. Santa is a man-made lie deceiving children and Not from God's Word ( Scripture )

The Romans were known to have mass executions. So, adding a cross beam would have meant a lot more hard work without modern machinery.
Although only 3 are mentioned in Jesus' execution account, that does Not mean there were Not more than three in that grouping. Just that three are mentioned.
Since Luke mentions two ' other ' malefactors in that grouping at Luke 23:32 that also indicates more than 3 died at that time.
Luke also mentions Jesus being hung up on a ' tree ' - Acts of the Apostles 5:30. See also Acts of the Apostles 10:39 and Acts of the Apostles 13:29. A tree trunk, or tree pole, with No cross bar.
Especially when KJV translated into English and used the English word ' cross ' which was then chosen although Not in the manuscripts.

This same "main-stream" teaching may be wrong but also a right to freely speak what they believe just because it might be the truth just because their own lives changed for the better. If all they could do is read just one letter. Or ever hear of Lucifer.

If you say the Bible is read with understanding just because you are wrong, do you believe that is still scripture? Or is that just a better reason to hope for a rapture. Well that is all of the surface. What is below there? The post said blasphemy of the Lord is forgiven never.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Christmas?
What's wrong with Christmas?
Just because it's a pagan holiday........................
Naw, I ain't going there again.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Doubtless your black grrl Jesus was never in much danger. I certainly don't think so.

I agree with you, in case that wasn't clear.
Tom