• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Christ's Birth, Baptism, Death and Resurrection Date

FFH

Veteran Member
See this link which i've already linked to the right page: The Coming of Jesus - Google Book Search

The dates of Christ's birth, baptism and death are on page 188 of this Google book link,"The Coming of Jesus," by Bonnie Gaunt.

Jesus was born at the end of September, 2 B.C.

The year 0 (zero) B.C. was never recognized or counted in history, so you have to minus one year.

Between 2 B.C. and 29 A.D. there are only 30 years, not 31 years.

0 B.C. was never counted. It was never recognized as an actual year. They skipped over 0 B.C, moving from 1 B.C to 1 A.D. in history. 0 B.C. was never used. So Jesus was 30 years old in the year 29 A.D., when he was baptized, and began his ministry at that time, which lasted 3 1/2 years.

Jesus was baptized at the end of September, 29 A.D. on his 30th birthday.

Jesus' ministry was 3 1/2 years.

Jesus was crucified on April 3, 33 A.D.

Jesus was resurrected three days later on April 6, 33 A.D. on the same day in history the LDS church was established on April 6, 1830.

Rosh Hashanah, which occurs at the end of September, marks the beginning of the new year on the Jewish calendar.

Most likely Jesus was born on Rosh Hashanah, at the end of September, 2 B.C.

Rosh Hashanah - The Jewish New Year - Torah.org

Judaism 101: Rosh Hashanah

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Don't you think you should have put this on the Same Faith Debates forum, FFH? You're the only Latter-day Saint I know who is privy to such things. It kind of makes me wonder why God has bypassed the prophet and spoken directly to you.

For anyone who happens to be reading this information on the LDS DIR, please be aware that this is not LDS doctrine. It's just our own FFH enlightening us again.

FFH

Veteran Member
Don't you think you should have put this on the Same Faith Debates forum, FFH? You're the only Latter-day Saint I know who is privy to such things. It kind of makes me wonder why God has bypassed the prophet and spoken directly to you.

For anyone who happens to be reading this information on the LDS DIR, please be aware that this is not LDS doctrine. It's just our own FFH enlightening us again.
This is a religious education forum. The purpose of this forum is to educate one another. I don't like being in the dark on these types of things. Should we all just go on not knowing the birth and death dates of Jesus Christ, the most important person ever to live on earth?

The link I've given is very educational if you care to read it or would you rather just continue to wonder and be in the dark concerning these dates.

I didn't realize it was President Monson's job to tell us when Christ was born.

There are tons of people who have done a lot of historical research on this. Most put Christ's birth in September based on historical dates and events, Biblical dates and events such as Jewish feasts/festivals like Passover and also modern day astronomy gives us many clues and accurate dates of Biblical events.

Just read the link, it's only three pages long, starting with page 188 on this link. The Coming of Jesus - Google Book Search

Last edited:

zomg

I aim to misbehave!
"Jesus was baptized at the end of September, 32 A.D. on his 30th birthday.

Jesus was crucified on April 3, 33 A.D. "

I thought Christ's ministry was three years not one.

FFH

Veteran Member
"Jesus was baptized at the end of September, 32 A.D. on his 30th birthday.

Jesus was crucified on April 3, 33 A.D. "

I thought Christ's ministry was three years not one.
Wow thanks for catching me on that. The book says 29 A.D., sorry, I recorded the date wrong, thanks for correcting me on that.

See the opening post, I've made the necessary corrections.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Also, how could his Birthday be 2 B.C. and his 30th Birthday be 32 A.D.? that would make him 34....
See the opening post, I've made the necessary corrections. Sorry I had written the date wrong. The book says 29 A.D. not 32 A.D. Sorry my mistake.

Read from page 188 of that book to page 192, it explains how they came up with those dates, based on secular and Biblical historical events. The dates are all documented and provable by observing secular and Biblical history.

Last edited:

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Sorry FFH, as much as i would love to agree with you, Doctrine and Covenants states otherwise.

D&C 20:1 The rise of the Church of Christ in these last days, being one thousand eight hundred and thirty years since the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh, it being regularly organized and established agreeable to the laws of our country, by the will and commandments of God, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April-

Christ was born April 6th, not resurrected.

FFH

Veteran Member
Sorry FFH, as much as i would love to agree with you, Doctrine and Covenants states otherwise.

D&C 20:1 The rise of the Church of Christ in these last days, being one thousand eight hundred and thirty years since the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh, it being regularly organized and established agreeable to the laws of our country, by the will and commandments of God, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April-

Christ was born April 6th, not resurrected.
I just read that verse last night, I was sure someone would bring it up, so I was reviewing it. That verse in the Doctrine and Covenants is not referring to April 6th as the day Christ was born, but rather the day the LDS church was established.

The Jewish Rosh Hashana feast, which occurs at the end of September, is referred to as "the day no man knoweth". Rosh Hashannah is a feast referring to the birth of Jesus Christ and the return of Jesus Christ to earth, the two events in which "no man knoweth the day nor the hour".

We do not know the day nor the hour of Christ's birth nor of the day and hour of his return, we only know the month and the year of Christ's birth. It may be possible to know the month and year of Christ's return as well, just as we know the month and the year of Christ's birth, but not the day and the hour.

Christ's birth, baptism, death and resurrection dates must coincided with the proper Jewish feasts, and their respective themes, since the Jewish feasts were in preperation of, and signs of, the coming birth, baptism, ministry, death, resurrection and return of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I just read that verse last night, I was sure someone would bring it up, so I was reviewing it. That verse in the Doctrine and Covenants is not referring to April 6th as the day Christ was born, but rather the day the LDS church was established.

The Jewish Rosh Hashana feast, which occurs at the end of September, is referred to as "the day no man knoweth". Rosh Hashannah is a feast referring to the birth of Jesus Christ and the return of Jesus Christ to earth, the two events in which "no man knoweth the day nor the hour".

We do not know the day nor the hour of Christ's birth nor of the day and hour of his return, we only know the month and the year of Christ's birth. It may be possible to know the month and year of Christ's return as well, just as we know the month and the year of Christ's birth, but not the day and the hour.

Christ's birth, baptism, death and resurrection dates must coincided with the proper Jewish feasts, and their respective themes, since the Jewish feasts were in preperation of, and signs of, the coming birth, baptism, ministry, death, resurrection and return of Jesus Christ.

I really do not care what the Jewish faith has to say in regards to Christ's Birth.

Elder Richard G. Scott Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles has this to say about it:

It is April 6th. Modern scripture records that Jesus Christ was born on this day. 1 Humbly I speak of this glorious being to whom each of us owes so very much. I know that what the scriptures teach of Him is true and will use some of them in expressing personal feelings.
LDS.org - Ensign Article - Jesus Christ, Our Redeemer

FFH

Veteran Member
Christ's birth month can be determined by the birth month of John the Baptist.

http://www.wcg.org/lit/jesus/datebirth.htm

"The first method (of determining the time of Christ's birth) begins with Luke 1:5, 8 where we read that Zechariah, the father of John the Baptist, was serving in the course of Abijah in the temple. 1 Chronicles 24:7-19 indicates that there were 24 courses. The assumption is that the eighth course was the course of Abijah and that this period of service started in early June. Assuming this conclusion to be accurate, some believe that we can count forward to discover the dates of birth for John the Baptist, and then by deduction, Jesus (born about six months after John, see Luke 1:24-36)."

"Therefore, assuming that Elizabeth became pregnant right away, and that the pregnancies of both Mary and Elizabeth were normal in terms of length, John the Baptist would have been born in March, nine months after his conception in June. According to this calculation, Jesus might have been born in the month of September. For some, the fact that the autumn festivals of the Old Testament begin at this time adds credibility to these calculations."

This explains it a little better.​

Zachariah's course (turn) to officiate in the temple was from June 13-19. The name of his course (turn) was called Abijah. There were 24 courses throughout the year.​

See this link which explains it a little better: Christmas (This article shows why September is the month in which Christ was born).​

Time of John the Baptist's and Christ's conception and birth as taught and shown by this article.

The conception of John the Baptist ~ June

The birth of John ~ March

The conception of Jesus Christ ~ December

The birth of Jesus Christ ~ September

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Another way to verify the month in which Christ was born would be to find out what month the Romans collected taxes and did their census.

Luke 2: 1
And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

I haven't found a link which states the month in which taxes were usually collected by the Romans. There must have been a regular time of year in which taxes were collected and a census taken once a year.

Anyone have any info concerning this ???

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
I will listen to an apostle of the Lord before reading other speclations.
I appreciate that and I wouldn't want to disagree with any Apostle. Elder Scott is referring to Doctrine and Covenants 20:1 (see notes on his talk LDS.org - Ensign Article - Jesus Christ, Our Redeemer) which you brought up earlier, which still seems to leave wiggle room on the month and possibly even the year in which Christ was born, since the year 0 (zero) B.C. was never used. The calendar ends with 1 B.C. and starts with 1 A.D. so we have to minus a year.

Let me explain...

Doctrine and Covenants 20:1
The rise of the Church of Christ in these last days, being one thousand eight hundred and thirty years since the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh, it being regularly organized and established agreeable to the laws of our country, by the will and commandments of God, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April—

The first part of this verse is referring to the year the LDS church was establish, and is a fancy way of saying "it's 1830," since our years are measured according to the birth year we believe Christ was born.

The second part of the verse is referring to the month and day when the LDS church was organized and established, April 6th.

So to me this still leaves me wondering what month Christ was born. To me this verse isn't crystal clear as to the month when Christ was born, since it was not included in the first part of that verse, which includes "...the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh".

There doesn't seem to be any verse in our scriptures, which leaves no doubt, as far as the month and day of Christ's birth are concerned.

...because the month and the day, April 6th, wasn't included in the first part of the verse in Doctrine and Covenants 20:1 It still leaves me wondering.

Just an observation.

I think the following is true.

On April 3, 33 A.D., Christ was crucified.

On April 6, 33 A.D. Christ's body was restored (resurrected).

On April 6, 1830 A.D., Christ's church (the LDS church) was restored in these latter-days.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Christ was crucified on this day in history, April 3rd, from 9am to 3 pm.

Current time in Jerusalem

Doctrine and Covenants 109
7 And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith;

14 And do thou grant, Holy Father, that all those who shall worship in this house may be taught words of wisdom out of the best books, and that they may seek learning even by study, and also by faith, as thou hast said;

Doctrine and Covenants 88: 118
And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
FFH,

This is another example of where you are making statements and passing them off as official LDS doctrine.

SoyLeche

meh...
Another way to verify the month in which Christ was born would be to find out what month the Romans collected taxes and did their census.

Luke 2: 1
And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

I haven't found a link which states the month in which taxes were usually collected by the Romans. There must have been a regular time of year in which taxes were collected and a census taken once a year.

Anyone have any info concerning this ???
I doubt the Romans had a yearly census. We don't even have one of those.

From the text it seems to me that this was not a common occurance.

FFH

Veteran Member
I doubt the Romans had a yearly census. We don't even have one of those.

From the text it seems to me that this was not a common occurance.
Yeah, good point, what was I thinking, that census was a one time thing, even now we only have a census once every 10 years.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
FFH,

This is another example of where you are making statements and passing them off as official LDS doctrine.
I'm LDS and we're commanded to study these things out and discuss them. There is no official LDS doctrine concerning this, so that's why I wanted to study this out and find out for myself when Christ was born, resurrected and died. I found the answers, but I don't want to debate this, just discuss, with other members of my faith.

I'm done with the debate sections. I only want to discuss, with other members of my faith, and not debate with others on this forum.

I'm LDS and am just discussing what I've learned with other LDS members.

You decide if it's true or not.

Last edited: