• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Christ the monk

Tonstad39

Senior headwriter of the Onstad Mythology Series
So, I have found a couple of Documentaries that show the supposed life of Jesus in places like Kashmir in India and I know that the Resurrection is very central to Christian theology. What do you as a Christian think of these historical records in terms of your faith?

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
He's not buried in Kashmir. It is likely a companion of his that travelled Asia.
Jesus pbuh was taken up alive and spared the humiliation of the cross. Every Prophet gets one sincere request fulfilled. Jesus pbuh asked to be saved from the cross.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
A Torah observant Buddhist Monk.

Yeah no wonder the Sanhedrin had issues.

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
To call such pseudoscience "documentary" is a disservice to the term.
It is unlikely a Man pulled from the cross with a shaft driven into His side and nails driven through His feet would walk it off to India. It is unlikely to say the least

Last edited:

arthra

Baha'i
So, I have found a couple of Documentaries that show the supposed life of Jesus in places like Kashmir in India and I know that the Resurrection is very central to Christian theology. What do you as a Christian think of these historical records in terms of your faith?

In my belief the Roman guards who crucified Jesus were in their time pretty adept at determining who was dead on the cross... After being taken down from the cross the secret followers of Jesus Joseph of Aramathea and Nicodemus had His remains interned. What happened after that no body knows for sure. Were the remains interned in a secret less obvious place? ... possibly, as it was possible the remains might be desecrated.

But the case for Jesus merely swooning and later being revived is hardly likely to me and being able to make a journey to Kashmir is even less likely... There's also supposed to be a grave for Moses in Kashmir as well:
See:
http://nitaaiveda.com/All_Scripture..._Prophecies/The_PROPHECY/MOSES_IN_KASHMIR.htm

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
A real man walks it off.
Haha this reminded me of a passage in the non-canonical Gospel of Peter that says:

"And while they were narrating what they had seen, they saw three men come out from the sepulchre, two of them supporting the other and a cross following them and the heads of the two reaching to heaven, but that of him who was being led reached beyond the heavens."

A real cross walks, too.

Last edited:

Super Universe

Defender of God
The New Testament does not tell much about Jesus first thirty years whereas the Urantia Book does give the details. Jesus worked in the family business which was construction and wagon repair. There He met many travellers. Years after Jesus earthly father was killed in a workplace accident Jesus left to travel with an Indian merchant and his son on their way to Rome. The Indian merchant thought of Jesus as a philosophy teacher for his son but also needed Jesus to serve as an interpreter.

They went to Rome and returned to Israel where Jesus stayed and the Indian merchant and his son continued on, back to India, where they preached what they had learned from Jesus.