• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Jesus as an openly gay man"

Skwim

Veteran Member
"What if the newly found codices provided evidence of Jesus's same-sex activity? Michael Ruse imagines the implications

The most astounding finding from the newly discovered lead codices is that Jesus Christ was unambiguously and openly gay. He and his disciples formed a same-sex coterie, bound by feelings of love and mutual support. There are recorded instances of same-sex activity – the "beloved disciple" plays a significant role – and there is affirmation of the joys of friendship and of living and loving together.
source and more
:run:

David69

Angel Of The North
yeah well christianity has warped every thing about jesus so am not suprised! even said his mother was a virgin!!!

Last edited:

no-body

What does "Same-sex" activity mean? I mean if the codices describe Jesus having orgies with his apostles or explicitly making love to his "beloved disciple" OK but same sex friendships where a lot closer back in olden times. Men used to sleep together in beds and kiss, hug, etc each other but it was all quite platonic and part of the culture. You can't view the past with the eyes of the future.

Last edited:

opuntia

Religion is Law
The scriptures have been twisted before by others and will be twisted again. There is a warning given by Peter that no scripture is of any private interpretation (2 Peter 3:15-16). Any interpretation must conform to God's will. If it does not conform, trouble will come to those who have twisted said scripture. You cannot play with God's things and not expect trouble.

kutulu

in ancient times it was not at all uncommon or taboo to participate in homosexuality.
people now a-days seem to think that the ancients had the same ideals as us but were less educated at the same time. lol

David69

Angel Of The North
in ancient times it was not at all uncommon or taboo to participate in homosexuality.
people now a-days seem to think that the ancients had the same ideals as us but were less educated at the same time. lol

suposedly inscest was rife to!

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
What does "Same-sex" activity mean? I mean if the codices describe Jesus having orgies with his apostles or explicitly making love to his "beloved disciple" OK but same sex friendships where a lot closer back in olden times. Men used to sleep together in beds and kiss, hug, etc each other but it was all quite platonic and part of the culture. You can't view the past with the eyes of the future.
That is an excellent point.
We don't even know who the "Beloved Disciple" is. Some claim it was Mary Magdalene, even.

If it turns out he was, then I guess fundamentalist Christians have to allow same-sex marriages :p

!!! How would Westboro Baptist Church react?

Skwim

Veteran Member
The scriptures have been twisted before by others and will be twisted again. There is a warning given by Peter that no scripture is of any private interpretation (2 Peter 3:15-16). Any interpretation must conform to God's will. If it does not conform, trouble will come to those who have twisted said scripture. You cannot play with God's things and not expect trouble.
So how does a person determine that their interpretation conforms to god's will and thus avert trouble? Sounds like a hazardous undertaking at best, and the prudent approach; not to interpret them at all. Let sleeping dogs lie (just ignore scripture) would appear to be the best advice.

Or at least, with the idea of Sola Scriptura comes responsibility of interpretation. I think personally that it is best to see any Scripture under spiritual, or metaphorical eyes; otherwise taking anything that is of infallible level to the point that the words themselves are divine; to me, such is a form of idolatry in itself.

blackout

Violet.
Even if he was,
and just for the sake of discussion,
NO amount of evidence
would ever serve as proof
for mainstream christianity.

Whatever it was,
it would not matter,
it would be rejected as true,
it would be thrown out as false evidence.

Mainstream christianity would not, could not
allow this idea to stand.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Even if he was,
and just for the sake of discussion,
NO amount of evidence
would ever serve as proof
for mainstream christianity.

Whatever it was,
it would not matter,
it would be rejected as true,
it would be thrown out as false evidence.

Mainstream christianity would not, could not
allow this idea to stand.
You're absolutely right.

Well Christianity book BIBLE is so much changed and written many times that no one say any thing about them But i know he is the man made by GOD and Hid mother is really a virgin. It's a miracle of GOD shown to the world that GOD can do any thing.

blackout

Violet.
Well Christianity book BIBLE is so much changed and written many times that no one say any thing about them But i know he is the man made by GOD and Hid mother is really a virgin. It's a miracle of GOD shown to the world that GOD can do any thing.

He can even accept that his only son is gay,
and present him to you
as your savior.

no-body

That's why oldschool Batman and Robin seem totally gay.

Hah I'm only commenting on this because it's one of my favorite subjects...

Seduction of the Innocent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The definition of homosexual changes from time to time and culture to culture. It is hard to get a pinpoint on just what exactly is implied, the point of time things where created on, etc. I'm sure many people used the cover of male friends as homosexual but it is retroactively used to speculate things such as that Abraham Lincoln was definitely gay, it is a hard thing to balance.