• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus and Pantheism

idav

Being
Premium Member
was jesus a pantheist; when he claimed the Father was in him, or the kingdom of God came from within?

John 14:10

or

Luke 17:21
In John 17:21-22 Jesus prays about pantheism by asking that believers become one with God just as Jesus is one with God. For those who believe Jesus is God the verse is basically saying believers can be part of that oneness to the same degree as Jesus.

firedragon

Veteran Member
In John 17:21-22 Jesus prays about pantheism by asking that believers become one with God just as Jesus is one with God. For those who believe Jesus is God the verse is basically saying believers can be part of that oneness to the same degree as Jesus.

No. That one is a unity. If Jesus was proposing pantheism he would say directly that "all you see is God. There is no difference between reality and God. Its all him. He is manifest in every stone and every animal".

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Alright. So you provided a link.

How in the world is all of this relevant to your "Opening Post"?
it's only relevant is to what i told you it was. you claimed pantheism isn't to the jewish faith. you were shown that the idea was known to the jewish faith even if the word wasn't used.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No. That one is a unity. If Jesus was proposing pantheism he would say directly that "all you see is God. There is no difference between reality and God. Its all him. He is manifest in every stone and every animal".

pantheism is monism is unity is one

1. The restricted definition: this requires not only unity of origin but also unity of substance and essence.[1]

a theory or doctrine that denies the existence of a distinction or duality in some sphere, such as that between matter and mind, or God and the world.

that one supreme being is you.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I know what you mean but if it were just about unity I don’t think trinitarians would have any reason to say Jesus is literally God.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I know what you mean but if it were just about unity I don’t think trinitarians would have any reason to say Jesus is literally God.

Well brother to be honest, trinitarians have left out this verse in their divination of Jesus Christ. They don't consider this verse when proposing that I and my father are one in John 10:30 means God and Jesus are one which would mean in the verse you gave it would also mean that Jesus, god and the disciples are all one being then. Do you understand?

I hate faith based debates but this is a fact. So I would not put another theology as a yardstick to my rendition. Or yours for that matter. I hope you understand. ;)

idav

Being
Premium Member
Well brother to be honest, trinitarians have left out this verse in their divination of Jesus Christ. They don't consider this verse when proposing that I and my father are one in John 10:30 means God and Jesus are one which would mean in the verse you gave it would also mean that Jesus, god and the disciples are all one being then. Do you understand?

I hate faith based debates but this is a fact. So I would not put another theology as a yardstick to my rendition. Or yours for that matter. I hope you understand. ;)
No worries. More straight forward pantheistic outlook on Christianity comes from the gnostic gospels like gospel of Thomas and gospel of Eve.