• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus according to Messianic Judaism

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
This is not a thread to start a Trinitarian debate, but saying "I and the Father are one" does not mean Jesus said he is God. Are you a Messianic Jew, Sinner2saint? Jesus said "Let them be one as we are one". Does that mean he invited the disciples to become part of God too? Obviously not. So he said "let them be one AS we are one". That means "I and the Father are one" does not mean he is saying they are the same being, but the same mindset and purpose.

If you want to debate the issue, here is a thread for it, where this issue and many other Trintiarian claims have been debunked multiple times.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/61330-did-jesus-say-he-god.html

Every place where it is claimed that it says Jesus said he was God, it is a textual and grammatical controversy. For instance, John 1:1c should read "And the word was A god" like in the NWT. Likewise with John 8:58, which is also oft cited, the use of "I am" doesn't make sense gramatically for Jesus to be saying "I am I am", and the Name itself is not really "I am", it is "I shall be".

What do you think of Matthew 7:22-23? Calling someone "lord" is not necessarily the same thing as the fullness of what "believe in" entails, the word Pisteuon means more or less "Be convinced" than "blindly believe". Jesus said you must "Strive to enter the narrow gate". Obviously "Believing in" Jesus involves a whole lot more than just calling him lord. And I'm sure you're aware that it's about calling Jesus "lord" in lower case, like how David was called "lord".

Per Hebrews, Jesus is not merely an angel, not merely a man. We have in the scriptures:

*Angels
*Men
*The divine

Y'shua is part of the plural oneness of divinity in the Shema. Y'shua was there from Eden onward... if He was a created divine, He showed the ability to manifest Himself for centuries before His incarnation within Miriam...

Ben Avraham

hi everyone, i have heard from Shermana that your beliefs about Jesus peace be upon him are that he is an incarnation of the Highest Angel. this is the first time i've heard of this view regarding Jesus so i would like to know more about your beliefs regarding him. can someone please explain this belief in Jesus in a bit more detail.

i am sure i will have more questions after receiving a reply so i will make more questions afterwards if thats ok.

Okay Gharib, Jesus was a Jew; a loyal Jew from the city of Nazareth. He studied Torah in a Pharisaic Yeshiva and became a Rabbi if you read John 3:1-3. He was a very close friend with the Pharisees, especially Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea. Since he was a junior Rabbi and not a well-to-do one, his specialty was to serve as an ambulant Rabbi teaching Torah to twelve disciples who grew to become twelve Apostles. He got married with Mary Magdalene in Cana of Galilee and after 3.5 years, he was arrested on a political charge of insurrection for allowing his disciples to acclaim him king of the Jews in Jerusalem which was a Roman province at the time. He was taken to Court before Pilate for that and condemned to the cross under the verdict INRI which Pilate commanded to be nailed on the top of his cross. (Luke 19:37-40) That's it and any thing more than this will only mar his identity as a Jew. Any more than this is Christian, not Jewish as Jesus never even dreamed that Christianity would ever rise as it did many years after Jesus had been long gone.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Jesus was never married to Mary M.

Jesus was betrothed in a ceremony to the church at the Last Seder. He performed the needed tasks before going to His Father's home to prepare a place for His bride.