• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus - a person or a mode?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A human.

Not a theist for technology.

I'm living in holy water heavens.

Water I understand is oxygenated and thin so I can breathe living within it.

Only by being human having been under waters mass do I Understand by my experience human. Why I don't drown.

I'm living in my biology. Within it. Consciously. I consume other biology bodies to live as an energy supply.

As I'm created the human not a God.

If I was a God of owner of all the energy as mass. I don't own it. No I must replenish it or my one body human dies. I eat like a sun does.

Modes....I compare my bio experience and enlargen my beliefs to a giant mass body I'm not. As if man is a God.

As I compared my being falsely to a sun.

Why a natural human knows theists lie.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I

l believe Jesus is a Person; the eternal Son of God who became flesh/ human.
Yeshua Jehovah's witness Jesus returned.

Said the old testimony before new was written. So was already gone sacrificed. As Jesus was the sacrifice meaning gas spirit immaculate set alight sacrificed by man the scientists.

As voiding space vacuum owned gas light held above only.

As CH arose was already a sacrificed body gas naturally.

How hot is a gas without light? First.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
God.
A concept man theoried.

Heavens is mass not really a circle. Space a flat plane filled in by gases.

Gases origin volcanic smoke density in voiding vacuum cooling by pull away.

Not CH gas that man discusses from inside water oxygenated heavens. Gases that arose.

Not Jesus.

The inheritor body between earth mass god in space womb conceived. The conception clear immaculate.

Gods Inheritor spirit earths clear. Not alight. A teaching of just humans thinking.

The sun put density mass through it sacrificed it. So the sun caused earths heavens alight.

With God first with space womb second with itself third clear then it's body sacrificed.

Not gods body mass sacrificed not space wombs sacrifice it's owned body. The inheritor...not any man.

Mass body.

The man the scientist wanted the practice of science. The inheritor of sciences concepts the man conscious self.

You gave O a circle it's number pi.
You gave the circle with a heated core line it's number O phi.

circle ...is just a circle.

You impose the inheritance calculus of the body I want sacrificed by your use of a number.

In mass no number exists as each mass is only one God type variable as a mass. Is calculated by a man.

So your conscious thought as man's inherited concepts. Concepts to inherit gods Inheritor in science only.

Why no man is any type inheritor of God. God is as it's mass nor are you mass sacrificed.

M you said is 13 outside time value 1000 and A s.s. pregnant for birth riding. Themed mother mass and zero space terms.

No such circumstance on earth as out of time 13 ....as clear is the body spirit sacrificed as alight being time. Exact.

Extra or not burning clear gas keeps us alive.

Clear M for mother space is zero not 13.

Rock holding gases within burning mass moved rock. As seen wandering stars.

Mother of God was rock as zero held it.

Clear gases are not in the middle of burning. It's side by side.

Man's confession by my side I theoried maths that caused balanced 12 12 day evening to be set alight. Even ing became eve ING. I attacked all life.

UFO sun mass crossed over man's fall to end of life death. To sin K hole.

Man did not cause a sin K hole until an amount of dusts mass was sacrificed first. As witnessed in modern day new atmospheric experiments. Nuclear model already reduced earths mass.

Man's use of transmitters was not using it. He was converting earths mass underground nuclear pyramid. Activated the fall. He changed earths mass space pressures. Waters pressure ice pressures and gas mass.

As the machine is not phi.

Phi doesn't exist until a man conjured the spirit of the flesh of his conversion. From gods body himself.

Using it constantly he took natural light balances into its fall.

No man today could believe science was invented to sacrifice life...or would they?

Suns fuel burns as itself in voiding space. Ended outside of our gases. Science caused it to cross over above us.

Phi never existed. Man theoried brought it forward himself. Why he knows it's only by man's science.

Says it's science. Space creation is infinity mass only.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Jesus of Nazareth, who was our creator Son incarnate, isn’t the only Son of God. The point is that there are many types of sons of God.
Jesus is more than a son indeed he isn't really a son, he is The Word

He always existed, he was never made

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
So, this is my understanding:

One God who choses to make himself known in three different modes (liquid water, ice and steam analogy) = modalism

One God-being who exists in the form of three distinct and enduring persons who are all consubstantial with each other by sharing the same God essence = trinitarianism

Is Jesus Christ a person or a mode?

I'd say he's a person

I believe Jesus was a perfect reflection of God.

muhammad_isa

It is a central indeed it is one of the most fundamental claims of Christianity
Yes, I know..
The claim is that we are not saved by righteousness, but by believing that Jesus is G-d.
It was not all that difficult to confuse a gentile population with a polytheistic background.

The Roman elite favoured this interpretation, as they were the lawmakers and not G-d. They even punished those who favoured a more Jewish interpretation .. i.e. that he was not G-d

Brian2

Veteran Member
I don't need to make up my mind, the Son is a creation of the Father before this world existed. We just don't know when. God the Father, the first source and center, inhabits the circle of infinity. He is the one uncaused cause. The Son isn't the cause of his coming into existence. That doesn't make any sense on any level.

Saying ALL THINGS were created through Jesus doesn't mean that Jesus was the cause of himself.

You are right when you say ""Saying ALL THINGS were created through Jesus doesn't mean that Jesus was the cause of himself.""
You are right when you say that the Son being the cause of His own existence does not make sense,,,,,,,,, and I did not say or suggest that.
What "All things were created through Jesus" means is that Jesus did not come into existence.
How could "All things were created through Jesus" be true if Jesus was one of the things that was created?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Its probably more complicated than what I would consider praying, but it is probably Abraham that is the Father in Heaven that he refers to. I don't think he means 'Pray' in the same way that people usually pray today for things and for miracles. Its probably more meditative and a commitment to be like Abraham. In many ways they live like him, because they don't have homes and must travel around. They have to give up their families, too. There are also twelve of them, just as Abraham has twelve sons. There are reasons to think the father in heaven is Abraham.

I can see a couple of reasons you might think the Father in heaven is Abraham, but a prayer is to God and it is a prayer. The Kingdom belongs to God. The one who gives us our daily bread is God. The one who forgives us our sins is God.

Brian2

Veteran Member
The "teachings" are in you, though, not in the book. That divine spirit that can heal us and save us from ourselves is not in the book, or in the characters or the stories in the book, or off in outer space. It's within our own hearts and minds. You claim we should not be "interpreting" those stories for ourselves, but I am pointing out that all reading is interpreting. Those stories are meant to be interpreted by us. In fact, we can't NOT interpret them. And we can't NOT interpret them according to our own personal understanding and experience of life, because that's all we have as our reference. Everyone is already doing what you were saying we should not do. Including even you.

Yes we should be interpreting them ourselves but is it interpreting them to say the Bible is not true or is it just denying the Bible?

PureX

Veteran Member
Yes we should be interpreting them ourselves but is it interpreting them to say the Bible is not true or is it just denying the Bible?
The Bible is not important. It's just a collection of texts written by men who are no more connected to God than we are.

What matters is how connected to the spirit of God within us our interpretation of the text is. If our interpretation serves only our own fears and desires, or our "religious master's", while ignoring our responsibility to truly love and enable each other, it's just an empty excuse for more selfishness. But if our interpretation encourages us to love, forgive, respect, and share with our fellow humans, it will help us to embody those gifts of the divine spirit, and to share them with the world.

Colt

You are right when you say ""Saying ALL THINGS were created through Jesus doesn't mean that Jesus was the cause of himself.""
You are right when you say that the Son being the cause of His own existence does not make sense,,,,,,,,, and I did not say or suggest that.
What "All things were created through Jesus" means is that Jesus did not come into existence.
How could "All things were created through Jesus" be true if Jesus was one of the things that was created?
To be fair I think that the religious men who believed in Jesus were sincerely trying to make sense of it all. Today we take words and phrases too seriously.

Eli G

So, this is my understanding:

One God who choses to make himself known in three different modes (liquid water, ice and steam analogy) = modalism

One God-being who exists in the form of three distinct and enduring persons who are all consubstantial with each other by sharing the same God essence = trinitarianism

Is Jesus Christ a person or a mode?

I'd say he's a person
Your theme is based on the premise that God is three in one. That belief is not universal in Christianity; what's more, it's not even biblical.

The Jesus the Bible tells us about is totally a person separate from God, his Father. Jesus told his followers that his Father and his God is their God and Father as well (John 20:17).

When Jesus was on earth the voice of God was heard from heaven at least three times: at his baptism, at the transfiguration, and when Jesus asked his Father to glorify His own name.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
what's more, it's not even biblical.
It is clear from the bible that both Jesus and The Holy Spirit are God

John 10:30

I and the Father are one.

John 15:26

But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.

This is looking forwards to the coming of The Holy Spirit as described in the book of Acts, who was sent by The Father

John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Meaning that even though Jesus has ascended up to Heaven the Holy Spirit will be present in the world, as a divine presence

Matthew 28:19

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

This is Jesus speaking. Sounds pretty Trinitarian to me.

The Jesus the Bible tells us about is totally a person separate from God, his Father
Nope

John 10:30

I and the Father are one

Brian2

Veteran Member
The Bible is not important. It's just a collection of texts written by men who are no more connected to God than we are.

The story is that God revealed certain things to those men and that God did certain things through them and to and for the Jews and this led to Jesus and His death and resurrection and all that is said to mean in the scriptures.
So I wouldn't say the Bible is not important as texts that we believe or reject.