• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus... a Man Or a GOD?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Simon Gnosis said:
Rather that then bleat to a non existant being, I would carry my own cross, I dont need Jesus to carry it for me, he can carry his own damn cross.

good luck with that.

Simon Gnosis said:
Comments like yours are not really pertinent to the debate and just reveal your ignorance.

Perhaps a little more fiber in your diet.......

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Fully God and fully man. I know it;s been said a few times in this post but i just wanted to throw in my belief anyhow. Sue me.

adilrockstar

Rozs said:
Is the Lord Jesus Christ a Man or a God?
What do you think?

The Bible teaches that Christ was God in the flesh. Of course any Religion other than Christianity will not say the same.

adilrockstar

Simon Gnosis said:
Rather that then bleat to a non existant being, I would carry my own cross, I dont need Jesus to carry it for me, he can carry his own damn cross.

Comments like yours are not really pertinent to the debate and just reveal your ignorance.

What is with all the Jesus "hating"? He taught nothing but love and peace. What problem do you have with him?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
adilrockstar said:
What is with all the Jesus "hating"? He taught nothing but love and peace. What problem do you have with him?

I don't think that that was a case of Jesus "hating", just a way of saying that Jesus had his own problems, we have our own problems and we all have to make the effort in order to overcome them by ourselves. Just my thought, I could be way off...

TeePee

I believe Jesus was a man, he never said he was G_d or that we should worship him. He was a prophet, to me the greatest prophet but not to everyone.

In the past couple of years I have been to churches where the word/concept 'G_d' has been dropped in their services, it's all been about Jesus, I didn't feel comfortable with that. Even if you believe in the Trinity surely that's G_d in three parts not Jesus?

Nor am I comfortable with the notion that only Christians have the path or the true path to G_d, and Jesus has to be it.

Lots of people of other faiths seem quite able to access G_d through their religion, and Unitarian Christians like me don't need to believe in the Trinity to follow Jesus either.

As an aside when I was looking for a religious forum some of the ones I went to would not let you join unless you said you believed in the nicene creed and the trinity!

adilrockstar

TeePee said:
I believe Jesus was a man, he never said he was G_d or that we should worship him. He was a prophet, to me the greatest prophet but not to everyone.

In the past couple of years I have been to churches where the word/concept 'G_d' has been dropped in their services, it's all been about Jesus, I didn't feel comfortable with that. Even if you believe in the Trinity surely that's G_d in three parts not Jesus?

Nor am I comfortable with the notion that only Christians have the path or the true path to G_d, and Jesus has to be it.

Lots of people of other faiths seem quite able to access G_d through their religion, and Unitarian Christians like me don't need to believe in the Trinity to follow Jesus either.

As an aside when I was looking for a religious forum some of the ones I went to would not let you join unless you said you believed in the nicene creed and the trinity!

The Bible clearly teaches that Christ was not just a prophet, he was the Son of God and the Messiah. He is our SAVIOR.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Yeah, I'm going to be one those "both" people. God is within all of us. Jesus had a lot of nice things to say though, so he could have been a prophet (as in, he was somehow closer to the spirit of God). Still, I have to take a pantheistic view and say that he was God in the same sense that we all are.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
beckysoup61 said:
You've said this in several different threads, what's your point? Or do you have one?

i just find it baffling how a magician can still have such an impact on people to this day, it's just pure madness!

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
darkpenguin said:
i just find it baffling how a magician can still have such an impact on people to this day, it's just pure madness!

I guess that's what some people call "faith"

Bishka

Veteran Member
darkpenguin said:

Because Jesus Christ is more then just a 'magician' to millions of people. Just because you do not or cannot understand peoples faith in their Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, give you know reason to ridicule them.