• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerusalem is an Arabic City?

"Jerusalem is an Arabic City and Will remain one forever"

• True

• False

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
For Tafsir I recommend Tafsir Qushayyri, a very early Sufi who wrote two, one of which is available here, the other called Lataif al Isharat is available as a partial translation in English, though the Arabic is three volumes and covers ever word in the Quran, Ibn Abbas is also excellent.

Nice dodge. Tell me, what's the punishment for blasphemy ion the Bible, and do you believe that seeking out the most ridiculous and extreme examples of Muslims saying dumb stuff is proving anything?

I am familiar with the Kat Stevens allegation, which I believe he denies ever saying and was being persecuted, was even put on the no fly list.

It's funny because my friend just told me the other day that he was Muslim, because I told him my Muslim name was Yusuf, don't quote me yet but I am pretty sure that Kat Stevens did not support the Ayatollah's fatwa on Rushdie, who was fos anyway and no real threat, actually diagnosed with a mental illness, seriously.

So what happened is he went on a British talk show and, according to him, they were jokes in bad taste and he would accept any ruling of the British courts regarding Rushdie, although I don't think he committed a crime.

One thing I noticed is he claims the Quran, in jest or not, I don't know, but that the Quran suggests killing anyone who defames the Prophet (saw), which is a 180° spin on what it actually says as he spent his early life as an object of scorn and ridicule, the Prophet (saw) and never murdered anyone for it, and advocated not associating with such people but not violence against them, and I agree, Stevens was stupid to say that, I don't think he was serious because that is not true and doesn't exist as a Decree.

If Muslims had to spend time killing everyone who insulted the Prophet (saw) they'd have no time for anything else, and that is not justification for capital punishment, and the Quran does not advocate violence unless it is self defense or EQUITABLE retaliation for a violent offense committed, or to free the oppressed, not over words.

And obviously Kat Stevens is one man who does not represent the thoughts of anyone but himself, so whoever thought this justifies slandering all Muslims, or applies to anyone but Stevens, is a plain fool who doesn't know how to be taken seriously, if even wants to be.

Illogical arguments like this are the lifeblood of the Islamophobe, who, short on real reasons for their disgusting attitudes, grasp at straws, a straw, to try and redeem themselves from their bigoted statements with stupid one's that prove nothing as if Kat Stevens represents Islam globally.

عبقري

Last edited:
So if you want to believe written about DNA studies designed to convince the gullible of the world that white European Ashkenazi Jews are Semitic, be my guest, but Ashkenaz is a Biblical character and descendant of Japheth, brother of Shem/Sem, and Germany has nothing to do with the fact that they are called that, that's called a folk etymology, Ashkenazi comes from Ashkenaz, a person in the Bible not connected with any place, and even if it were the reason does not make them Semites or erase history.

What should a 'Semite' look like? It's a linguistic marker, not a genetic one. Pretty much like the modern use of the term Arab. When the Arabs conquered Greek speaking Rum the population didn't suddenly change its DNA, even those who became Muslim, spoke Arabic and adopted Arabic names didn't magically become ethnic Arabs or 'Semites'. The ones who kept their culture didn't magically transform into 'whites' more closely related to Franks and Vikings than to their neighbours.

Cultures change far more rapidly than genetics do.

Thinking of 'white' Europeans and non-white 'Semitic' Middle Easterners is 1) based on modern geopolitical boundaries 2) a legacy of Arab imperialism 3) quite racist as it erases the cultural diversity of a historically important region and coopts them based on Arab or Northern European cultural identity.

Greeks, Turks, Levantines and ME Jews are far more closely related to each other than they are to Peninsular Arabs or Northern Europeans.

To say ME Jews and Arabs are of 'Semitic' ethnicity makes no sense as shown in the following graphic.

Screen_Shot_2017-07-14_at_21.00.22.png

Green relates to historically 'Middle Eastern' genetic components (grouped around the Red Sea), while blue relates to 'Levantine' genetic components (grouped around the Eastern Med). In the ancient world, these seas were links, rather than divides.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Nice dodge. Tell me, what's the punishment for blasphemy ion the Bible, and do you believe that seeking out the most ridiculous and extreme examples of Muslims saying dumb stuff is proving anything?

An even better dodge by you. Do you believe that in a fully Sharia compliant society Blasphemy is a crime that requires capital punishment?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
An even better dodge by you. Do you believe that in a fully Sharia compliant society Blasphemy is a crime that requires capital punishment?
Define "fully Sharia compliant society " for us? Because I'm pretty sure you don't understand what Sharia is... It's not a single list of explicit laws and punishments, it's a practice of interpretation. There's no reason why to different jurisdictions practising Sharia would have the same interpretations of anything. Sorry to defuse you're big scary boogey word.

It's roughly analogous to "Fundamentalism" in Christianity. Fundamental Christians are about as scary as Sharia practising Muslims, and vice versa.

Oh, and pointing out your logical fallacies isn't a "dodge".

Hey, explained what "British values" are, yet? Speaking of dodges?

What should a 'Semite' look like? It's a linguistic marker, not a genetic one. Pretty much like the modern use of the term Arab. When the Arabs conquered Greek speaking Rum the population didn't suddenly change its DNA, even those who became Muslim, spoke Arabic and adopted Arabic names didn't magically become ethnic Arabs or 'Semites'. The ones who kept their culture didn't magically transform into 'whites' more closely related to Franks and Vikings than to their neighbours.

Cultures change far more rapidly than genetics do.

Thinking of 'white' Europeans and non-white 'Semitic' Middle Easterners is 1) based on modern geopolitical boundaries 2) a legacy of Arab imperialism 3) quite racist as it erases the cultural diversity of a historically important region and coopts them based on Arab or Northern European cultural identity.

Greeks, Turks, Levantines and ME Jews are far more closely related to each other than they are to Peninsular Arabs or Northern Europeans.

To say ME Jews and Arabs are of 'Semitic' ethnicity makes no sense as shown in the following graphic.

Screen_Shot_2017-07-14_at_21.00.22.png

Green relates to historically 'Middle Eastern' genetic components (grouped around the Red Sea), while blue relates to 'Levantine' genetic components (grouped around the Eastern Med). In the ancient world, these seas were links, rather than divides.

You realize that Semitic means a descendant of Shem, which includes the descendants of Assyria, all Ishmaelites, and not just Israelites, right?

Arabic is a Semitic language from a Semitic culture, and are, factually speaking, Semitic, a fact that I have never heard anyone educated deny.

Here you are calling it ridiculous based on some chart. It's simply a fact and not something any reasonable person debates,that Arabs are Semites.

Whatever an ME Jew is, I don't know, but if you are talking about Ashkenazi it is ridiculous to assume they are Semitic, though logically some have to have some Semitic blood, largely they do not and treat the Sephardic, Mizrahi Semitic Jews as second class citizens, as well as Ethiopian.

Now the reason is that they refuse to assimilate into Ashkenazi culture which is far different from Orthodox Judaism, the truth is that if they do not lose their cultural identity and assimilate with the Ashkenazi, they are discriminated against, and despite this many proudly refuse to assimilate and have less opportunity in the land than if they chose to assimilate.

It's really weird if the Ashkenazi come from the same seed as the Asian Jews, that they would discriminate based on their refusal to bow down to Western culture and ideals, but they really don't so it makes sense in light of that fact.

A lot of so called Jews are not actually religious Jews, most often they are Ashkenazi, and Sabbateans or Frankist, a sect that believes that sin is a Mitzvah started by pseudo Messiah Sabbatai Svi in the 1600's. Later lead by Jacob Frank who led his followers to convert to Catholicism.

They are infiltrators of powerful organizations, and do it regularly, it's how they acquired so much power and wealth. And continue to do so.

Svi's conversion led to a large false conversation to Islam by many in Turkey who are called Donmeh, Ataturk himself claimed to be a descendant of Svi, and this is how the Ottoman Empire was taken down, Ataturk was a general for the Ottomans who secretly worked for Britain vis Masonic networks, Masonry being the factor that unites all these crazies and plagues the Middle East so.

What's fascinating is that the Prophet (saw) predicted this would happen, that false converts would conquer Constantinople in the Last Days by saying "There is no god but God" and do so without a fight, which is exactly how Ataturk became a player in the Ottoman Empire, and the Donmeh, who were secretly running the show before WW1.

He also predicted that 70,000 "sons of Isaac (Jacob and Esau/Edom)" would come to power at the same time, fascinating because the Jews used to call Byzantium, Turkey today, "Edom" and many people today call Ashkenazi Edom its.

Give me a minute to find the Hadith. Please.

Last edited:

Notanumber

A Free Man
Define "fully Sharia compliant society " for us? Because I'm pretty sure you don't understand what Sharia is... It's not a single list of explicit laws and punishments, it's a practice of interpretation. There's no reason why to different jurisdictions practising Sharia would have the same interpretations of anything. Sorry to defuse you're big scary boogey word.

It's roughly analogous to "Fundamentalism" in Christianity. Fundamental Christians are about as scary as Sharia practising Muslims, and vice versa.

Oh, and pointing out your logical fallacies isn't a "dodge".

Hey, explained what "British values" are, yet? Speaking of dodges?

I would hope a major British value would be non-compliance with Sharia law, but that is some hope these days.

I will simplify the question for you. Do you believe that anyone accused of committing the crime of Blasphemy should be harmed in any way?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Even a Muslim cannot get straight answers about the Islamic ideology.

What chance do non-Muslims have?
This is a very important thing to point out, all the more because it is so darned typical, despite appearing at first glance to be a strawman.

rosends

"A lot of so called Jews are not actually religious Jews, most often they are Ashkenazi, and Sabbateans or Frankist, a sect that believes that sin is a Mitzvah started by pseudo Messiah Sabbatai Svi in the 1600's. Later lead by Jacob Frank who led his followers to convert to Catholicism.

They are infiltrators of powerful organizations, and do it regularly, it's how they acquired so much power and wealth. And continue to do so. "

As if the shark hadn't been jumped already.

Luis Dantas, give it up, there is no excuse, reason or justification for your choosing to believe propaganda, you make it worse by trying because you are defending intolerance and bigotry, yours or anyone's, and you absolutely have no idea what you are talking about, as I have well shown.

Are you just so utterly obsessed with slandering Islam you can't even take a break from
"A lot of so called Jews are not actually religious Jews, most often they are Ashkenazi, and Sabbateans or Frankist, a sect that believes that sin is a Mitzvah started by pseudo Messiah Sabbatai Svi in the 1600's. Later lead by Jacob Frank who led his followers to convert to Catholicism.

They are infiltrators of powerful organizations, and do it regularly, it's how they acquired so much power and wealth. And continue to do so. "

As if the shark hadn't been jumped already.

You proud of yourself for saying that?

That's actually an idiom that applies to television shows, originally Happy Days, because Fonzy literally jumped a shark.

It has no use in this instance, and my statement is still true, cornball rhetoric is not going to change reality or alter history.

You proud of yourself for saying that? I don't think you had a real point to make and all you wanted to do was comment so rather than quote me you manually typed what I said and then said the equivalent of saying, "durrr, I make fun of people who know facts and repeat them and pretend they are not relevant, are played out."

Ridiculous much? Tell me how history, always important (those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it, I believe is true) which is always available for use to learn from, could EVER possibly be played out or as you embarrassed yourself by applying to a situation that the idiom was not meant for, by stating " Jumped the Shark. "

You equate real life with sitcoms? How odd.

Definitely relevant, and not a pop culture fad to be played out, the modern equivalent of jumped the shark but actually applicable to anything, unlike your actually played out idiom.

I guess it's not facts of history season for you and despite the fact you don't like what I said you do know it's true and deep down how ridiculous you are for saying what you did.

Good enough for me. And if you aren't aware of the history of which I speak, or think it isn't true, I feel sorry for you because Judah HaLevi wrote a legendary account of the conversion of King Bulon, which you should learn, and can on YouTube from the Jews themselves, and Muslim history also has recorded history referring to the Khazars converting to Judaism as well.

Far from being played out it is actually becoming more known and not less, I would say it's still a "good show", and far from jumping the shark is MORE relevant today, not less.

What are you a Zionist sympathizer?

Due to the tremendous wealth and power of influence by these Sabbateans and Frankists, Donmeh, having grown since the 1600's, your statement deserves ridicule as being so removed from reality I have to wonder if you are even aware of the difference between up and down, as more, not less, people are interested in this than ever and more people know than ever, I also wonder what makes you utter the foolish, non applicable and if was factually untrue anyway, statement that you did.

It would appear that you are sick of hearing it, but that's you, a person.

Others like information and don't attempt to ridicule others for saying truly relevant facts, and this IS relevant and you not enjoying it being said is just your worthless opinion, as it is far from being "canceled", to borrow from your genre of idioms and metaphors, and a subject of interest to a huge amount of people.

Facts do not jump sharks, the begin as facts and stay that way, the truth does not go 'out of style' or get 'canceled' because people are no longer interested.

A new generation pops up to learn facts new to them, but not knew, every generation. Why don't try adding something worthy of being said to your own statements and stop fooling yourself that cornball statements made by you represent what everyone else thinks, or anyone else?

I highly recommend it because I will not hesitate to ridicule people who are ignorant. Just because you are a Zionist sympathizer doesn't make your words true, actually it makes you biased.

And who but a Zionist or sympathizer would say that history is not popular or relevant or whatever you intended to convey when you thought, "I'll get him with an idiom that is used in one specific context in a context it was never applicable to, which is history, as sitcoms and television shows were what it was or may be still used for.

History is not analogous to fictional programs to make your idiom transferable.

Last edited:
That taken care of I do wish to make clear that Ashkenazi Jews who are sincere in their religion, are legitimate Jews as Judaism does accept converts, and used to proselytize.

It just doesn't entitle either to steal a whole country, or anyone for that matter, and there are plenty of anti Zionist and anti Sabbatean Ashkenazi, my purpose is not to question the legitimacy of anyone's belief, just simply stating the facts regarding the conversion to Judaism of the Kingdom of the Khazars.

I don't have a problem with sincere Jews who are peaceful, and my reason for even mentioning it was in response to someone who denied it was true based on the words of someone they don't know in a lab somewhere that creates more questions than answers, like where did the Khazar Jews go?

Western Europe is the answer to that.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
I would hope a major British value would be non-compliance with Sharia law, but that is some hope these days.

I will simplify the question for you. Do you believe that anyone accused of committing the crime of Blasphemy should be harmed in any way?
Yes is the simple answer. The not so simple is, each case is judged with all the relevant information to hand.

For example, simply saying you don't believe in GOD is a matter between you and the Creator. People might offer advice and help you to become a believer, but no violence involved at all.

Now saying you don't believe and going out to convince others of your reasons in the hope they too become unbelievers is a different kettle of fish, and if one continues after being warned would face expulsion from Muslim lands, arrest, imprisonment or in some cases capital punishment.

This would the position of a Islamic Caliphate. Currently there has not been a Caliphate for almost 100 years, leaving Muslim majority Countries to deal with 'blasphemy laws' within the context of their own judicial systems.

Here's a list covering punishment for blasphemy around the World:

Blasphemy law - Wikipedia