• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerusalem is an Arabic City?

"Jerusalem is an Arabic City and Will remain one forever"

• True

• False

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
In this BBC video the Arabic man says "Jerusalem is an Arabic City and will remain one forever" and goes on to say "you cannot erase history" as if he thinks the city has always been an Arabic city and always will be forever. So if that's not calling the kettle black and rewriting the history of the Jews. By this poll do you believe Jerusalem has always been an Arabic City and will forever be, answer the poll true. If you believe Jerusalem was once a Jewish city and will be again answer false to the poll.

Iranians rally against Trump's Jerusalem move, burn US flags

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
In this BBC video the Arabic man says "Jerusalem is an Arabic City and will remain one forever" and goes on to say "you cannot erase history" as if he thinks the city has always been an Arabic city and always will be forever. So if that's not calling the kettle black and rewriting the history of the Jews. By this poll do you believe Jerusalem has always been an Arabic City and will forever be, answer the poll true. If you believe Jerusalem was once a Jewish city and will be again answer false to the poll.

Sure and Israelite are Arabs.

From Wilkapedia
The Israelites (/ˈɪzriəˌlaɪtsˌ/; Hebrew: בני ישראל‎ Bnei Yisra'el)[1] were a confederation of Iron Age Semitic-speaking tribes of the ancient Near East, who inhabited a part of Canaan during the tribal and monarchic periods.[2][3][4][5][6] The ancient Israelites are considered to be an outgrowth of the indigenous Canaanite populations that long inhabited the Southern Levant, Syria, ancient Israel and the Transjordan region.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

For around 1500 years it was owned by Muslims and if I'm correct it was owned before that
by the Romans, Israel owned the land in the era of Moses, that was maybe 3000 years ago.

Can it be for Arabs forever? ask Netanyahu what he thinks, some can be fooled and many are indeed so.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

The poll is a pretty good example of a false dichotomy.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Voted false
The bottom line seems to be and has always been the want of the extermination of the Jews and Zionism, all one has to do is read at least the first 50 pages of the Quran to understand where some of this has come from, it's nothing new.

"This will be a war of extermination and a momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Mongolian massacres and the Crusades"
- Arab League Secretary General Azzam Pasha May 15, 1948

"I, as a military man, believe the time has come to enter into a battle of annihilation"
-Syrian Defense Minister Hafez Assad May 20, 1967

The way I see it, for years the general attitude of the Arabic/Muslim world is as long as you appease them then they are fine but if you say no they react like spoiled, emotional children.

james dixon

Premium Member
The way I see it, for years the general attitude of the Arabic/Muslim world is as long as you appease them then they are fine but if you say no they react like spoiled, emotional children.

Substitute "Arabic/Muslim world" with "Zionist world" and your statement will make a lot more sense.

:)-

james dixon

Premium Member
Jerusalem was "never" a Jewish city. They represented a small population among many others.

(Gen 47:21 KJV) And as for the people, he removed them to cities from one end of the borders of Egypt even to the other end thereof.

(Gen 47:22 KJV) Only the land of the priests bought he not; for the priests had a portion assigned them of Pharaoh, and did eat their portion which Pharaoh gave them: wherefore they sold not their lands.

(Gen 47:23 KJV) Then Joseph said unto the people, Behold, I have bought you this day and your land for Pharaoh: lo, here is seed for you, and ye shall sow the land.

(Gen 47:25 KJV) And they said, Thou hast saved our lives: let us find grace in the sight of my lord, and we will be Pharaoh's servants.

(Gen 47:26 KJV) And Joseph made it a law over the land of Egypt unto this day, that Pharaoh should have the fifth part; except the land of the priests only, which became not Pharaoh's.

(Gen 47:27 KJV) And Israel dwelt in the land of Egypt, in the country of Goshen; and they had possessions therein, and grew, and multiplied exceedingly.

(Gen 47:28 KJV) And Jacob lived in the land of Egypt seventeen years: so the whole age of Jacob was an hundred forty and seven years.

(Gen 50:22 KJV) And Joseph dwelt in Egypt, he, and his father's house: and Joseph lived an hundred and ten years.

(Gen 50:26 KJV) So Joseph died, being an hundred and ten years old: and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt.

(Exo 1:6 KJV) And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.

(Exo 1:7 KJV) And the children of Israel were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them (In Egypt)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Jerusalem is occupied by various ethnic groups, especially Arabs and Jews, and it is a city that has Jewish, Muslim, and Jewish sites within it. Therefore, the OP is false on the basis that it doesn't appear to recognize the diversity of the city.

james dixon

Premium Member
1000 BC: King David attacks and captures Jerusalem. Jerusalem becomes City of David and capital of the United Kingdom of Israel.
(2
Chr 6:5 KJV) Since the day that I brought forth my people out of the land of Egypt I chose no city among all the tribes of Israel to build a house in, that my name might be there; neither chose I any man to be a ruler over my people Israel:

(2 Chr 6:6 KJV) But I have chosen Jerusalem, that my name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people Israel.

(2 Chr 6:10 KJV) The LORD therefore hath performed his word that he hath spoken: for I am risen up in the room of David my father, and am set on the throne of Israel, as the LORD promised, and have built the house for the name of the LORD God of Israel.

Note:The Lord set conditions that the Israelites must follow if they were to stay in Jerusalem

(2 Chr 6:22 KJV) If a man sin against his neighbour, and an oath be laid upon him to make him swear, and the oath come before thine altar in this house;

(2 Chr 6:23 KJV) Then hear thou from heaven, and do, and judge thy servants, by requiting the wicked, by recompensing his way upon his own head; and by justifying the righteous, by giving him according to his righteousness.

(2 Chr 7:17 KJV) And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments;

(2 Chr 7:18 KJV) Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.

No animosity intended or implied. But note the term "then" is future tense which is a time that never came & never will,

in my view :)-.

james dixon

Premium Member
(2 Chr 7:17 KJV) And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments;.

(2 Chr 7:18 KJV) Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.

(2 Chr 7:19 KJV) But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;.

(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

(Ezek 36:31 KJV) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

(Ezek 36:32 KJV) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

(Jer 24:9 KJV) And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.

I believe anti-Semitism came from the above verse, but then again I could be wrong. :)-

james dixon

Premium Member
Genesis 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Iacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God, and with men, and hast preuailed.

(Deu 2:29 KJV) (As the children of Esau which dwell in Seir, and the Moabites which dwell in Ar, did unto me until I shall pass over Jordan into the land which the LORD our God giveth us.

until I shall pass over Jordan into the land which the LORD our God giveth us

That land is not the land of Israel today

:)-​

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

What is the general attitude of the Japanese?, as you see it.

Hi,

I voted 'false'. But not because I believe that Jerusalem was once a Jewish city and will be again (I'm not necessarily denying that, but that's not what motivated me to vote 'false'). But on that statement, how do you define 'Jewish city'?

Thanks,

wm

james dixon

Premium Member
So thousands of years of animosity and a widely revered book would have nothing to do with any of the deaths?
References to Jews in the Koran

King James Bible
Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

New Living Translation
You will be fuel for the fire, and your blood will be spilled in your own land. You will be utterly wiped out, your memory lost to history, for I, the LORD, have spoken!"

Inernational Standard Version
You'll be fuel for the conflagration. Your blood will be spilled throughout the land. You won't be remembered anymore, now that I, the LORD, have spoken."

Guess who the above verses were talking about?

:)-