• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerry Falwell Jr. to head Trump education task force.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Good grief America, your education system has taken a second retrograde step in about 24-hours.

Expect maths lessons along these lines...

1. If you have five loaves and two fish how any can you feed?
2. Work backwards from JC's birth using the Bible to calculate how old the earth is.

Meanwhile Russia, China, India, Africa and Europe are doing real science and maths.
Putin's hacking of the election is paying off big time

esmith

Veteran Member
Good grief America, your education system has taken a second retrograde step in about 24-hours.

Expect maths lessons along these lines...

1. If you have five loaves and two fish how any can you feed?
2. Work backwards from JC's birth using the Bible to calculate how old the earth is.

Meanwhile Russia, China, India, Africa and Europe are doing real science and maths.
Putin's hacking of the election is paying off big time
good humor.....every try standup?

esmith

Veteran Member
Both, obviously.
why do you think it is right for the school to investigate sexual assault accusations, they have no legal recourse. Could some schools have undue influence over the charges due to bad publicity, do schools have access to the necessary tools to investigate the charges, say like rape kits?

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
why do you think it is right for the school to investigate sexual assault accusations, they have no legal recourse. Could some schools have undue influence over the charges due to bad publicity, do schools have access to the necessary tools to investigate the charges, say like rape kits?

"say like rape kits?"

Yes, they do. Maybe you don't realize it but some Universities have actual police departments on or near campus that are dedicated to keeping the students and the school safe. Their duty is to enforce local, state and federal law and their main jurisdiction is the school and the local area around the school. These are real police departments that work together with the local community.

You made a sweeping generalization, and those are almost always inaccurate. Some Universities do take sexual assault/harassment very seriously and do everything they reasonably can to prevent it.

esmith

Veteran Member
"say like rape kits?"

Yes, they do. Maybe you don't realize it but some Universities have actual police departments on or near campus that are dedicated to keeping the students and the school safe. Their duty is to enforce local, state and federal law and their main jurisdiction is the school and the local area around the school. These are real police departments that work together with the local community.

You made a sweeping generalization, and those are almost always inaccurate. Some Universities do take sexual assault/harassment very seriously and do everything they reasonably can to prevent it.
Are they sworn officers not private security guards? Search for "Private Police Departments at Universities" and see what you come up with.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Ok, but not all colleges and universities have sworn police depts.

I didn't say all, I said, and I quote, "some Universities have actual police departments". I am sure there are some schools that could do a better job, but not all schools are like the ones in your news links.

esmith

Veteran Member
I didn't say all, I said, and I quote, "some Universities have actual police departments". I am sure there are some schools that could do a better job, but not all schools are like the ones in your news links.
Useless discussion, you have a point and I have a point. Neither will be changed by what either one of us says. Have a nice day.