• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeremy Corbyn suspended from the Labour Party

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I heard about this earlier but didn't look into it too much. Seems it's a temporary suspension until an investigation will be conducted. Well, certainly much better than nothing.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure most of this boils down to support for the Palestinians being considered Anti Semitic

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I heard about this earlier but didn't look into it too much. Seems it's a temporary suspension until an investigation will be conducted. Well, certainly much better than nothing.

I'm pretty sure most of this boils down to support for the Palestinians being considered Anti Semitic

To be fair, from what I can tell, most of this is overblown. I don't honestly think Jeremy Corbyn is an anti-Semite; although I don't doubt there are anti-Semites within the Labour Party. He may have thrown his lot in with anti-Semitic groups, as he has made some pretty terrible decisions imo, such as when he supported basically terrorist Communist groups, but as a person, as to his actual views, I don't think anti-Semitism is one of them. This isn't the first time this has occurred though and I'm glad an investigation is being done.

Lyndon

Premium Member
in the multiple articles I have read I have not heard of a single documented case of anti Semitism that has been revealed in any of the articles, only claims of anti Semitism

exchemist

Veteran Member
Labour suspends Jeremy Corbyn over reaction to anti-Semitism report

He posted a message about the EHRC findings and the party have suspended him as a result.

You can read the report here: Investigation into antisemitism in the Labour Party | Equality and Human Rights Commission
Excellent news, I think. It provides a way for Starmer to highlight the difference between Corbyn's unelectable Labour and the version Starmer wants to create, which he hopes can win an election and see Bozo off.

Getting rid of these old Trots is obviously needed and what better way than to use their antisemitism against them to achieve that. And they ARE antisemitic. It's not just that they support the Palestinians. I was appalled to discover that on the far left there is, astonishingly, a recrudescence of the 1930s idea that global business is a worldwide Jewish conspiracy against the workers (you know, Rothschild, Soros etc.). Corbyn carefully does not distance himself from these ideas, in much the same way that Trump carefully does not distance himself from white supremacists.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I was appalled to discover that on the far left there is, astonishingly, a recrudescence of the 1930s idea that global business is a worldwide Jewish conspiracy against the workers (you know, Rothschild, Soros etc.).
Wow. I didn't know this. Do you have any sources etc.? This is scary stuff.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Wow. I didn't know this. Do you have any sources etc.? This is scary stuff.
There was that mural Corbyn unveiled in the East End, showing capitalists, with long noses, sitting round a Monopoly board supported on the back of kneeling workers:-

Screen-Shot-2018-03-25-at-17.54.59.png

It would not have been out of place in 1920s Germany.

I was shocked and amazed, having been sceptical about the accusations.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
There was that mural Corbyn unveiled in the East End, showing capitalists, with long noses, sitting round a Monopoly board supported on the back of kneeling workers:-

Screen-Shot-2018-03-25-at-17.54.59.png
Ohhhhh yeah I forgot all about that one.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Why do all these cases of anti Semitism have to be kept so top secret, is it because the public wouldn't consider them anti Semitic at all.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Support for Palestine or BDS is not anti Semitism, being against zionism is not even anti Semitic.

exchemist

Veteran Member
It surely does.
Since our Salvini stated this clearly. It is anti-Semitism.

Matteo Salvini speech on Antisemitism January 2020 by rairfoundation - 3speak.co
Some of it can be that form of confusion, I agree. The Israeli Lobby in the USA certainly likes to try that trick to weaken the opposition to Likud policies in the Holy Land.

But not all of it. People on the Left in the UK generally sympathise with the plight of the Palestinians and that's fair enough. But because the Left is also anti-capitalist and anti-globalisation, it can shade off into anti-Jewish conspiracies about bankers ("international capital").

But let's wait and see this report and then we can judge.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Cooky

Veteran Member
Why do all these cases of anti Semitism have to be kept so top secret, is it because the public wouldn't consider them anti Semitic at all.

No, it's because the public, in large, doesn’t approve of antisemitism, so they veil it, like with the mural.

...You can see what it is. But you can't say 'for-sure' what it is.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Support for Palestine or BDS is not anti Semitism, being against zionism is not even anti Semitic.

There seems to be a fairly wide opaque zone between criticizing someone for their behavior and criticizing someone for their ethnicity.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Corbyn is still in denial; he still believes it was all a plot.
He was suspended for not accepting the findings of the report; if he had said, "Yes, I failed to control it" he'd still be in the party

Good riddance, well done Starmer.