• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah's Witnesses only: Is it true?

Is it true that you think that Jesus is the Archangel Michael?

• Total voters

kjw47

Who is Psalms 102:25-28 talking about?

Psa 102:25 Long ago you laid the foundation of the earth
and made the heavens with your hands.
Psa 102:26 They will perish, but you remain forever;
they will wear out like old clothing.
You will change them like a garment
and discard them.
Psa 102:27 But you are always the same;
you will live forever.

Remember that this was written to the Jews, who did they see this as?

The God they served--YHWH(Jehovah) a single being God-- it was done by his will and power-- if one believes Jesus over mens dogma--in the lords prayer Jesus teaches all--the kingdom, power, and glory all belong to the Father( YHWH--Jehovah)

icebuddy

Does the devil lift Jesus up?
It's a strange thing to say about a person, that he can do nothing. The Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe Jesus is God (neither do I) but by saying he can do nothing without God's power is saying he IS God. I guess.

Remember that you are talking about the Eternal Word after he emptied himself to be a man just like us... The real question would be who do you believe Jesus was before he became a man?

The Father quotes Ps 102:25-27 and applies it to his Son at Hebrews 1:10-12

icebuddy

The God they served--YHWH(Jehovah) a single being God--

You might need to explain yourself "Single Being"... What I believe is going on is that you defined God in your head and you have some kind of mental image of what he should be...

if one believes Jesus over mens dogma--in the lords prayer Jesus teaches all--the kingdom, power, and glory all belong to the Father( YHWH--Jehovah)
I dont deny any of that statement, i also Include Jesus. Read Revelation 5:12-14 and see Both Father and Son being praised and worshiped. You deny Jesus of something and dont quit lift him up in the Highest. (not sure why) Dont forget we are to Honor the son as we honor the Father. They have a love fest going on and you only see one side of it... The Son says Honor the Father, the Father say Honor the Son, The son says the Father is worthy of praise, the Father says the son is worthy, the son says The Father created, the Father says the son created, the list goes on and on... All you are doing is pointing out 1/2 of whats going on...

Last edited:

kjw47

You might need to explain yourself "Single Being"... What I believe is going on is that you defined God in your head and you have some kind of mental image of what he should be...

I dont deny any of that statement, i also Include Jesus. Read Revelation 5:12-14 and see Both Father and Son being praised and worshiped. You deny Jesus of something and dont quit lift him up in the Highest. (not sure why) Dont forget we are to Honor the son as we honor the Father. They have a love fest going on and you only see one side of it... The Son says Honor the Father, the Father say Honor the Son, The son says the Father is worthy of praise, the Father says the son is worthy, the son says The Father created, the Father says the son created, the list goes on and on... All you are doing is pointing out 1/2 of whats going on...

Rev 5:12-- teaches exactly what the lamb receives--- worship is not mentioned. In verse 13, they fell down and worshipped-YHWH(Jehovah) the most high over all the earth-Psalm 83:18---Jesus' God-rev 3:12

icebuddy

Rev 5:12-- teaches exactly what the lamb receives--- worship is not mentioned. In verse 13, they fell down and worshipped-YHWH(Jehovah) the most high over all the earth-Psalm 83:18---Jesus' God-rev 3:12

Im not sure how you dont see Jesus being worshiped here. im not sure how one can see the Image of God and that alone not be worthy of worship. However, I want to show you something that I believe the Holy Spirit showed me years ago.

Rev 22:8 - John who knew Jesus and walked with Jesus knew everything clearer. John knew Jesus created all things, even the angels. If John didnt worship Jesus and thought the worship of Jesus was a bad idea, then he most certainly would have never tried to worship one of Jesus' created angels. (That Jesus sent to him) Showing us that John must have worshiped Jesus or he would have never in a million years tried to worship this angel that he knew Jesus created and sent to him.

People will say that Jesus is not God and therefore is not to be worshiped. A problem existed within the WTBS and JW people and they use to worship Jesus and then stopped because of this thought. However, think about it... Who would want you to look at the Image of God and say, "NOT GOD"? (No Worship?)

Many Prophets worshiped the Angel of the Lord and saw no problem worshiping Gods sent Image. To deny Jesus(The Image of God) of your total worship is very odd to me. Pray about it...