• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah's Witnesses only: Is it true?

Is it true that you think that Jesus is the Archangel Michael?

• Total voters

icebuddy

Does the devil lift Jesus up?
Angels [angelic armies]will be with Jesus at the time of Revelation 19 vs 11,14.

I Agree

Lord Jesus has an archangel's voice according to 1st Thess. 4 v 16

I believe that accopanying Jesus will be one with the Archangels voice, perhaps Micheal. If the Passage would have read "With a voice in the wilderness", i would say Jesus is coming with John the Baptist, since John is the "Voice in the wilderness". (John 1:23) So the Voice of the Arch angel I believe is Micheal coming with Jesus, not that Jesus is Micheal... If you keep reading to 2 Thess 1:7 you will see that Jesus will be revealed with his Angels.

Revelation 14 v 14 mentions Son of man [aka Jesus] No angel in that verse.

Keep Reading through verse 15... Another Angel came out shouting, not Jesus... Hence, Micheal is with Jesus, not that Micheal is Jesus.

Verses 15,17,18 keep adding another un-named angels.

The Only account of a loud shout is from an Angel that is with Jesus.

There are 12 chapters in the book of Daniel.
Please notice after chapter 10 that at the future time Michael takes action he is no longer one of the great or chief princes, but as verse one says Michael stands up [in taking action] as the 'great prince' [singular].

i dont disagree that Micheal stands with Jesus. Remember that I believe Jesus is God with the Father...

Jesus IS created according to Revelation 3 v 14; 1 v 5

I believe as taught by the Christians handed down from Generations that anounced Arianism as heritics long ago. Your belief sounds alot like Arianism...

The Christian belief taught to me was that the Word is eternal and everlasting and was God before he "Emptied himself" to become a man. As a man he has a God the Father, but that doesnt erase his eternal existance as the Word who always existed with the Father and Holy Spirit...

Jesus was not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.
-Psalm 90 v 2

Everything that you think the Father is, Jesus is also. Jesus expresses the Father 100% Fully. Your Jesus seems to fall short of expressing Gods very being... Jesus is the Image of God. Gods Image cannot be less than God. I see no problem applying Psalms 90 v 2 directly to Jesus as well... john 1:1 says "In the beginning already was the Word" (meaning before the beginning was the WORD)... Followed up bu 1 John 1:1-5 that calls the WORD the Eternal life that was with the Father.

For God is the Beginning and End, so is Jesus. First and Last, So is Jesus. Alpha and Omega, so is Jesus.

In Love,
Tom

Jensen

Sorry for not replying to posts to me, I see they are awhile back. I sometimes have trouble finding my way around the forum and where I might have posted.

Will look over those messages. And see about replying...

Jensen

Jensen

Thanks Pegg, icebuddy, URAVIP2ME for your replies, and posts, have re-read them and at this time do not have anything at the moment to say on them. A very informative thread though..

Jensen

icebuddy

Thanks Pegg, icebuddy, URAVIP2ME for your replies, and posts, have re-read them and at this time do not have anything at the moment to say on them. A very informative thread though..

Jensen

Jensen,
Just keep Loving the Father, Son, and the holy Spirit as you know how! Jesus will figure out the rest if you keep focusing upon him.

In love,
Tom

lockyfan

Gen 1:26
And God went on to say: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth.”

He was obviously speaking to someone when he said this

in Colossians 1:16-17 we read

because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist,

We know from earlier in the chapter that this is speaking of Jesus.

We also read at Proverbs 8:30
then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time,

So we see from these that Jesus was a "master worker" with God. That all things have been created through him and for him and that he was obviously helping Jehovah when He made Adam because Jehovah was talking to someone when he said "Let us" and "in our image".

In Genesis we see only Jehovah, but at that particular point in time we also need to look at who it was being written for. It was being written for hte Israelites and ant that time they had no idea or concept of Christ or what he was going to do for us. As Jehovah slowly revealed that then they got to know more, but that was much further down the track.Jehovah is always progressive in His ways and lets us learn what we need to learn as we need to learn it so as not to overload us and confuse us. He is a God of order not disorder.
Some may see this as a contradiction, but at the time of Colossians being written they then knew who Christ was and what his purpose and life and existance meant. The Israelites didnt and therefore did not need to know that little piece of information at that stage.
The scripture in Colossians, rather than contradicting just gives us more light and information than we had previously had and helps us understand more about Jehovah and His ways.

I hope this makes some sense to you.

Jensen

Gen 1:26
And God went on to say: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth.”

He was obviously speaking to someone when he said this

in Colossians 1:16-17 we read

because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist,

We know from earlier in the chapter that this is speaking of Jesus.

We also read at Proverbs 8:30
then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time,

So we see from these that Jesus was a "master worker" with God. That all things have been created through him and for him and that he was obviously helping Jehovah when He made Adam because Jehovah was talking to someone when he said "Let us" and "in our image".

In Genesis we see only Jehovah, but at that particular point in time we also need to look at who it was being written for. It was being written for hte Israelites and ant that time they had no idea or concept of Christ or what he was going to do for us. As Jehovah slowly revealed that then they got to know more, but that was much further down the track.Jehovah is always progressive in His ways and lets us learn what we need to learn as we need to learn it so as not to overload us and confuse us. He is a God of order not disorder.
Some may see this as a contradiction, but at the time of Colossians being written they then knew who Christ was and what his purpose and life and existance meant. The Israelites didnt and therefore did not need to know that little piece of information at that stage.
The scripture in Colossians, rather than contradicting just gives us more light and information than we had previously had and helps us understand more about Jehovah and His ways.

I hope this makes some sense to you.

I think that Colossians 1 is speaking of the Kingdom to come that Jesus will rule over, whereas in Genesis it is the actual creation of the earth and life. I think that this is why in Colossians it says "things visible" "things invisible"
"thrones" "lordships" "governments" and "authorities' because it is speaking of the future Kingdom that the faithful will have everlasting life in being ruled by Christ. I really do not see that Jesus is the one doing the creating....but that God is the creator of the creation mentioned in Genesis.

Jensen

kjw47

I'm still undecided as to Jesus being Michael, but in your post you said something that I have a question on.

Didn't God also create Adam directly? It says in Genesis 2:7,8 that ....

2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

And this is Adam since it says that he placed him in Eden. And it says that God formed him. That appears very much directly doesn't it?

What is the JW explanation for this?

Thanks

Jensen:)

Sorry for the large lettering, it seems that is the size of the online bible that I used, and this site wouldn't let me resize it, only what I write. The large lettering is not meant to be confrontational.

Jehovah created Michael directly- the first and last-- all of the rest was created through Michael, but it was still Jehovah and his power that was responsible for all of creation. Michael wasn't called Jesus until he was born a mortal. ( acts 2:22)

In the Lords prayer Jesus tells everyone it all belongs to the Father(Jehovah) the kingdom, the POWER, the glory.

icebuddy

Jehovah created Michael directly- the first and last-- all of the rest was created through Michael, but it was still Jehovah and his power that was responsible for all of creation. Michael wasn't called Jesus until he was born a mortal. ( acts 2:22)

In the Lords prayer Jesus tells everyone it all belongs to the Father(Jehovah) the kingdom, the POWER, the glory.

Jehovah created Michael directly - Jesus created Micheal (John 1:3 & Col 1:16) not one thing was created apart from Jesus, meaning Jesus created the angel Micheal.

Some People believe that Jesus is Micheal the arc-angel, but Micheal is "one of the chief princes" (Dan 10:13) and Jesus is unique and not one of "others"... Rev 14:14 shows Micheal with Jesus as well as Rev 19:17. Just as John is the voice in the wilderness(john 1:23), Micheal is the loud voice with Jesus at 1 Thes 4:16.

Also Jewish tradition is that there are 7 archangels and Micheal is one of them (Dan 10:13) (2 Thes 1:7)

Also Hebrews 2:5 makes it impossible for an angel to rule the world to come

jude 9 also shows that Micheal cannot be Jesus for Micheal doesnt rebuke satan or even dares to, but Jesus rebukes satan directly (Matt 4:10, 16:23) Mark 8:33

In Love,
tom

kjw47

Jehovah created Michael directly - Jesus created Micheal (John 1:3 & Col 1:16) not one thing was created apart from Jesus, meaning Jesus created the angel Micheal.

Some People believe that Jesus is Micheal the arc-angel, but Micheal is "one of the chief princes" (Dan 10:13) and Jesus is unique and not one of "others"... Rev 14:14 shows Micheal with Jesus as well as Rev 19:17. Just as John is the voice in the wilderness(john 1:23), Micheal is the loud voice with Jesus at 1 Thes 4:16.

Also Jewish tradition is that there are 7 archangels and Micheal is one of them (Dan 10:13) (2 Thes 1:7)

Also Hebrews 2:5 makes it impossible for an angel to rule the world to come

jude 9 also shows that Micheal cannot be Jesus for Micheal doesnt rebuke satan or even dares to, but Jesus rebukes satan directly (Matt 4:10, 16:23) Mark 8:33

In Love,
tom

Jesus comes with the voice of the archangel because it is his voice. rev Michael leads Gods armies--Jesus leads Gods armies--because they are the same being. Only Jesus has the right to battle satan in the war in heaven-- The first ride of the white( righteous) horse--- This is the war in heaven-- Michael battles satan and his angels and casts them to the vicinity of the earth--then receives his crown--oh wait--Jesus is Gods appointed king who receives his crown. Then the second ride of the white horse at Harmageddon--Jesus leads Gods armies. Michael came to the earth and was called Jesus as a mortal. When Jesus millennial reign is complete--Jesus hands back the kingdom to his God and Father and subjects himself to his God Jehovah. (1 cor 15:24-28.)

Last edited:

icebuddy

Jesus comes with the voice of the archangel because it is his voice.

i believe that to be very wrong. First off Jesus cannot be an angel and specially cannot be Micheal one of many arch angels... The Same verse says he will also be with Gods Trumpet 1 thes 4:16... Jesus will be with Gods Trumpet and Archangels Voice. You need to read Revelation 14:14 and 19:17 and ask yourself who is doing the loud voice when the event of 1 Thes 4:16 is happening? its not Jesus, its his angels that are with him having the angels voice, NOT Jesus. Read the verses that explain 1 Thes 4:16 in greater details. Why would you even think Jesus is Micheal the arch angel in the 1st place anyways?

rev Michael leads Gods armies--Jesus leads Gods armies--because they are the same being.

Jesus sends angels to do his work just as God the Father sent angels in the OT. However in the NT we see Jesus sending angels. Jesus is Jehovah (Read Jer 23:5-6) Also read Hebrews 1:8-12 then read Ps 102:25-27 (Jesus is not an angel)

Only Jesus has the right to battle satan in the war in heaven

jude 9 says Micheal wont even rebuke satan but says the Lord reke you. Whos the Lord thats going to beat satan? Micheal is with Jesus, he is not Jesus. Read the passages in Revelation where angels are with Jesus doing his works...

-- The first ride of the white( righteous) horse--- This is the war in heaven-- Michael battles satan and his angels and casts them to the vicinity of the earth--then receives his crown--oh wait--Jesus is Gods appointed king who receives his crown.

Allot of us will be getting crowns, why do you associate them together as the same person? There are more passages calling Jesus God than there are none calling Jesus Micheal. If you read that Jesus was baptised and he was with the voice in the wilderness would you say:

1. Jesus is John the Baptist
2. Jesus is with John the Baptist

You need to listen to the Holy Spirit and tune into him and he will lead you into all Truth...

Then the second ride of the white horse at Harmageddon--Jesus leads Gods armies. Michael came to the earth and was called Jesus as a mortal. When Jesus millennial reign is complete

Thats bad speculation to me since the bible doesnt support this. Hebrews says no angel will rule the word to come. Jesus is going to rule the world to come

Jesus hands back the kingdom to his God and Father and subjects himself to his God Jehovah. (1 cor 15:24-28.)

Yes, Jesus through out the whole bible willingly submits himself for the greater of mankind. At this time his role as mediator is over and he will as it was before the world began. God and with God John 1:1

1John1 explains Jesus as the Eternal Word of life before he emptied himself to become human. That is not a created being

in Love,
Tom

kjw47

i believe that to be very wrong. First off Jesus cannot be an angel and specially cannot be Micheal one of many arch angels... The Same verse says he will also be with Gods Trumpet 1 thes 4:16... Jesus will be with Gods Trumpet and Archangels Voice. You need to read Revelation 14:14 and 19:17 and ask yourself who is doing the loud voice when the event of 1 Thes 4:16 is happening? its not Jesus, its his angels that are with him having the angels voice, NOT Jesus. Read the verses that explain 1 Thes 4:16 in greater details. Why would you even think Jesus is Micheal the arch angel in the 1st place anyways?

Jesus sends angels to do his work just as God the Father sent angels in the OT. However in the NT we see Jesus sending angels. Jesus is Jehovah (Read Jer 23:5-6) Also read Hebrews 1:8-12 then read Ps 102:25-27 (Jesus is not an angel)

jude 9 says Micheal wont even rebuke satan but says the Lord reke you. Whos the Lord thats going to beat satan? Micheal is with Jesus, he is not Jesus. Read the passages in Revelation where angels are with Jesus doing his works...

Allot of us will be getting crowns, why do you associate them together as the same person? There are more passages calling Jesus God than there are none calling Jesus Micheal. If you read that Jesus was baptised and he was with the voice in the wilderness would you say:

1. Jesus is John the Baptist
2. Jesus is with John the Baptist

You need to listen to the Holy Spirit and tune into him and he will lead you into all Truth...

Thats bad speculation to me since the bible doesnt support this. Hebrews says no angel will rule the word to come. Jesus is going to rule the world to come

Yes, Jesus through out the whole bible willingly submits himself for the greater of mankind. At this time his role as mediator is over and he will as it was before the world began. God and with God John 1:1

1John1 explains Jesus as the Eternal Word of life before he emptied himself to become human. That is not a created being

in Love,
Tom

Do you love Jesus? Here are 5 of his important truths. Those who love Jesus prove it by learning his truths and applying them in their everyday life.

1) Therefore keep on seeking first the kingdom and his(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added.
2) The meek will inherit the earth.
3) The Lords prayer--Hallowed be thy name( Father-Jehovah) The kingdom, power, and glory all belong to the Father-Jehovah
4) Jesus teaches that he has a God-His Father-Jehovah, John 20:17, rev 3:12
5)At John 17:1-6 While praying to his Father-Jesus calls the Father-THE ONLY TRUE GOD. And says to get eternal life, one must know(father) and know Jesus. verse 6 = Jehovah.

Those who listen to Jesus' voice make sure their teachers are teaching these important truths of Jesus. Especially #1--Jesus said first--very important for one to be doing in their everyday lives. Its a 100% guarantee, Jesus' teachers make sure these truths are deep into ones heart.

icebuddy

Do you love Jesus? Here are 5 of his important truths. Those who love Jesus prove it by learning his truths and applying them in their everyday life.

1) Therefore keep on seeking first the kingdom and his(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added.
3) The Lords prayer--Hallowed be thy name( Father-Jehovah) The kingdom, power, and glory all belong to the Father-Jehovah
5)At John 17:1-6 While praying to his Father-Jesus calls the Father-THE ONLY TRUE GOD. And says to get eternal life, one must know(father) and know Jesus. verse 6 = Jehovah.

Those who listen to Jesus' voice make sure their teachers are teaching these important truths of Jesus. Especially #1--Jesus said first--very important for one to be doing in their everyday lives. Its a 100% guarantee, Jesus' teachers make sure these truths are deep into ones heart.

What do you believe is the kingdom of Jehovah?

No Disagreement

I dont call my Father by his name, its rude. Jesus never showed us that he used the name Jehovah either. However, the Fathers name is Holy and respected.

Yes we where taught by God (John 6:45) and Jesus was God with us (Mt 1:23)
You focus on Jesus's Humanity where yes he has a God and teaches us all things. However, Jesus was God before he emptied himself to become a man. Like us in every way. As the offspring of David he could call the Father His God and this started at the point of Marys Womb and not before (ps 22:10)

Psa 22:10 I was thrust into your arms at my birth.
You have been my God from the moment I was born.

Not to forget that Jesus is also the root of David, not just the offspring.

Notice that Jesus is part of the Equasion. The Greek word "AND" carries the meaning of also, even, both, and likewise. Jesus is True God with the Father otherwise Jesus at John 1:1 is a false god. This verse doesnt separate Jesus from being God, it includes him with the greek word "DIA". If it where to read "The only true God and Savior" would you separate God from savior? Jesus is God our savior!

In Love,
Tom

kjw47

What do you believe is the kingdom of Jehovah?

No Disagreement

I dont call my Father by his name, its rude. Jesus never showed us that he used the name Jehovah either. However, the Fathers name is Holy and respected.

Yes we where taught by God (John 6:45) and Jesus was God with us (Mt 1:23)
You focus on Jesus's Humanity where yes he has a God and teaches us all things. However, Jesus was God before he emptied himself to become a man. Like us in every way. As the offspring of David he could call the Father His God and this started at the point of Marys Womb and not before (ps 22:10)

Psa 22:10 I was thrust into your arms at my birth.
You have been my God from the moment I was born.

Not to forget that Jesus is also the root of David, not just the offspring.

Notice that Jesus is part of the Equasion. The Greek word "AND" carries the meaning of also, even, both, and likewise. Jesus is True God with the Father otherwise Jesus at John 1:1 is a false god. This verse doesnt separate Jesus from being God, it includes him with the greek word "DIA". If it where to read "The only true God and Savior" would you separate God from savior? Jesus is God our savior!

In Love,
Tom

John 17:1-6--here Jesus teaching everyone that his Father is the only true God--verse 6 = Jehovah--John 17:26-- Jesus did teach his followers Gods personal name.

Jehovahs power goes through Jesus( acts 2:22) Jehovah is savior doing it through Jesus which makes him savior. Same with Moses at the red sea--It was Jehovah( savior) doing the powerful works through Moses--so Moses was considered the savior at the red sea.

icebuddy

John 17:1-6--here Jesus teaching everyone that his Father is the only true God--verse 6 = Jehovah--John 17:26-- Jesus did teach his followers Gods personal name.

First off Jesus is part of the statement not excluded. The Greek word translated for "and" here is "kia" and means also, even, both and likewise. You should look at Is 44

Isa 44:6 This is what the LORD says—Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD of Heaven’s Armies:
“I am the First and the Last;
there is no other God.

Isa 45:21 Consult together, argue your case.
Get together and decide what to say.
Who made these things known so long ago?
What idol ever told you they would happen?
Was it not I, the LORD?
For there is no other God but me,
a righteous God and Savior.
There is none but me.

how come when you read the Old Testament and see "God and Savior" you can see 1 God, yet when you see the New Testament that reveals the Old and it now says God and Jesus(the savior) you see a less being with God?

Tts 2:13 while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed.

The Writers of the New Testament saw Jesus could be called God and even God the Father quotes a passage of Jehovah and points out that its also Jesus right there with him as Jehovah.

Read Hebrews 2:10-12 with Psalms 102:25-27

When you Read Psalms 102:25-27 ask your self is this none other than Jehovah? Every Jew that walked the planet would tell you its God. Yet The Father says its Jesus too!

Ask yourself how can one deny Jesus? Deny him of worship, honor, not worthy, not really creator, not prayed to, not God... (thats how I see it)

Jehovahs power goes through Jesus( acts 2:22) Jehovah is savior doing it through Jesus which makes him savior. Same with Moses at the red sea--It was Jehovah( savior) doing the powerful works through Moses--so Moses was considered the savior at the red sea.
Dont deny Jesus of who he really is...Read Hebrews 2:10-12 with Psalms 102:25-27

Also, even if your so deep into what you believe, look at the Angel of the Lord. He was called God, Jehovah, and worshipped. How much more is Jesus? Also read Jer 23:5-6 and ask yourself, would you stand up in Church and proclaim "Jesus is Jehovah our Righteousness" without some weird looks?

Last edited:

kjw47

First off Jesus is part of the statement not excluded. The Greek word translated for "and" here is "kia" and means also, even, both and likewise. You should look at Is 44

Isa 44:6 This is what the LORD says—Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD of Heaven’s Armies:
“I am the First and the Last;
there is no other God.

Isa 45:21 Consult together, argue your case.
Get together and decide what to say.
Who made these things known so long ago?
What idol ever told you they would happen?
Was it not I, the LORD?
For there is no other God but me,
a righteous God and Savior.
There is none but me.

how come when you read the Old Testament and see "God and Savior" you can see 1 God, yet when you see the New Testament that reveals the Old and it now says God and Jesus(the savior) you see a less being with God?

Tts 2:13 while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed.

The Writers of the New Testament saw Jesus could be called God and even God the Father quotes a passage of Jehovah and points out that its also Jesus right there with him as Jehovah.

Read Hebrews 2:10-12 with Psalms 102:25-27

When you Read Psalms 102:25-27 ask your self is this none other than Jehovah? Every Jew that walked the planet would tell you its God. Yet The Father says its Jesus too!

Ask yourself how can one deny Jesus? Deny him of worship, honor, not worthy, not really creator, not prayed to, not God... (thats how I see it)

Dont deny Jesus of who he really is...Read Hebrews 2:10-12 with Psalms 102:25-27

Also, even if your so deep into what you believe, look at the Angel of the Lord. He was called God, Jehovah, and worshipped. How much more is Jesus? Also read Jer 23:5-6 and ask yourself, would you stand up in Church and proclaim "Jesus is Jehovah our Righteousness" without some weird looks?

Isaiah 44:6--both spots LORD is in capitols--YHWH( Jehovah) belongs there.( every spot in the ot-GOD or LORD YHWH belongs.)

Jesus is not Jehovah--

Without Jehovahs power going through Jesus he can do nothing of his own.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Isaiah 44:6--both spots LORD is in capitols--YHWH( Jehovah) belongs there.( every spot in the ot-GOD or LORD YHWH belongs.)

Jesus is not Jehovah--

Jesus was a man. He could do plenty without Jehovah's power. He gave himself over to Jehovah.

What does it mean "he can do nothing"?

icebuddy

Jesus is not Jehovah--

Who is Psalms 102:25-28 talking about?

Psa 102:25 Long ago you laid the foundation of the earth
and made the heavens with your hands.
Psa 102:26 They will perish, but you remain forever;
they will wear out like old clothing.
You will change them like a garment
and discard them.
Psa 102:27 But you are always the same;
you will live forever.

Remember that this was written to the Jews, who did they see this as?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I also ask the same question, for in him was life. The Eternal word of God is part of God not some created some what eternal word of God....

Jhn 1:4 In Him was life

It's a strange thing to say about a person, that he can do nothing. The Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe Jesus is God (neither do I) but by saying he can do nothing without God's power is saying he IS God. I guess.