• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah's Witnesses Knocked on My Door

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is actually the Bible that teaches that....1 Corinthians 15:33....verse 34 is also interesting.
"Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits. 34 Come to your senses in a righteous way and do not practice sin, for some have no knowledge of God. I am speaking to move you to shame."
Guess what Deeje. A person can still have upright habits as they are led astray. Wise up. This might be your last chance.

Yes, I KNOW a person can be led astray, but that is not what 1 Corinthians 15:33 says.
Grow up, for goodness sakes!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If 1 Corinthains 15:33 means what people (Jehovah's Witnesses AND OMGoodness! Babylon the Great) says it means it would have SAID THAT! It would read, bad association can lead you away from God. It doesn't SAY that.

I love you @Deeje and I feel zero guilt (so far, so good) about laughing at you.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
By the way, has anyone noticed that Jesus called DOING the will of God his food?
Now, Jehovah's Witnesses :eek: say that knowing not doing is "food at the proper time".
I say changing the meaning of what Jesus said is NOT WISE.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Changing the meaning of what the others said is not wise too but not so not wise as doing it to Jesus.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What else is weird about your table @Deeje is that no matter who is sitting at it they all get the same food. Children eat what the people who have been working hard for Jehovah, studying daily for forty years gets. Visitors too. They get the same stuff.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
. It begins with the rider on the white horse who pictures Jesus as king. He rides first, meaning that he has been "given all authority" to rule and to carry out his pledge to be "with" his disciples "all the days until the conclusion of the system of things." (Matthew 28:19-20)
All the days. OK. I believe that. YOU say he comes forth when?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Has Jesus been riding as pictured at Revelation 6:2 since all authority was given him after he was crucified and then rose?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your attempts to slander JW's always seem to backfire on you. Do you wonder why?
Slander is a false spoken statement about someone. Who am I slandering Deeje?
You say things that I believe are false. Whenever I say something hoping to refute what I believe is a false statement by Jehovah's Witnesses you call it slander. I am certain that speaking against an idea is not slander. If it is slander and slander is punishable then the Jehovah's Witnesses are being put on the spot by their governing body because you slander every other creed. Don't you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What becomes of those who openly oppose Christ's brothers?
Do you hear from Jesus Christ? Did he tell you that the many warnings to people who think they are on his side but aren't were never meant for you and your governing body?
You know what the Bible says.....
I know you believe it says what they tell you it means. I don't believe them. Do you think Jehovah might forgive me for it citing Psalms 146:3 which I obey and you do not?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your attempts to slander JW's always seem to backfire on you.
I do not know "seem to backfire", but it is funny.
Do you wonder why?
How can I? I do not know that it backfires.
How can I know a backfire? If you tell me how you know, I will have learned something. Is teaching us why you are here?

Your woeful interpretation and ridiculous inference should make you 'ashamed' of the rubbish you post. o_O
LOL. I am not too smart. You know it! So, I had to look up inference and it seems to me that inference cannot be ridiculous. OK?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
While we are on the subject of what the ****? I have to add on that I think it is either slander or it is not. I do not think "attempted slander" is a real thing.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You make a statement like this and wonder why I say you were never a JW? :facepalm:
This is a whole lot closer to be slanderous than me saying I disagree with JW dogma.
If you say I was never a Jehovah's Witness, but I was and I say I was, that is you calling me a liar.
Next time please say that you are of the opinion that I was not a good Jehovah's Witness and that would be true. OK? I want to keep you true. I shall confess here and now that I never finished most of the books that came out at conventions and I would offer magazines that I had not read yet.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And another thing. I would secretly thank Jehovah that my husband was not a Jehovah's Witness AND that if the children needed a blood transfusion I would be happy to hand over all responsibility for them to him.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If a Jehovah's Witness would look critically at what comes out "at the proper time" you might be able to see that what is "new light" for the congregation is really information that might draw more people to believe in the Watchtower. Then draw the obvious conclusion.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your attempts to slander JW's always seem to backfire on you. Do you wonder why?
Dear @Deeje.
I am of the opinion that I am not going to get an answer from you about what you think "backfire"[d] is so I am going to do what I do, talk to myself here.

I understand what a backfire is. Correct me if I am wrong. It happens when a person has a goal but the opposite happens.

So, I was wondering what goal she thinks I have.

To be liked? LOL. No, not that. I think it is obvious it isn't that, but oh well.

To make a friend? Not really. I didn't come here to make friends, but when I saw that other people were making them, I began to think it wouldn't be too bad for me too, but then I would have to take care of him or her and I don't want to.

To sway opinion? That is probably what you mean. Am I right? No, not that either. The reason why is that it is written you must be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect. I can't make anyone perfect.

Not even myself.........but I can try. :)

I was thinking the other day that Matthew 5:48 might not have been written "you must be" but "it must be". It would be what we believe Jehovah can do. Whatever a person accepts as coming from Jehovah must be perfect. I think that is what Matthew 5:48 really means.

I know. More rubbish.

So I was thinking about rubbish and how some people throw it out the window of their cars instead of handling it the proper way and I thought of you! I am sorry. The reason? You are unwilling to handle my rubbish. You just let it fall where it may. You haven't tried once to correct me!
I understand that throwing the Watchtower at people is their idea of making the right corrections. It isn't.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Anyway, @Deeje I think that to experience a backfire a person needs to have a goal.
Will you tell me my goal so I can know if I really did backfire?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Deeje your reason for believing I am wrong is because my version of scripture doesn't match your version of it.
I have given reasons for believing like I do,
but you have not given me a good argument for why you think I am wrong.
You believe like you do because someone told you that it is the right way to think.
I believe like I do because I LOOK at it.

For instance, I can see that someone changed to be a disciple into to make disciples.
The change is OK with you. It isn't OK with me and you have not argued why you think your way is the right way even though I can see it there in black and white that I am right. It is not my opinion that it was written disciple the verb. There is real live evidence for it. Just look at it!

Why might the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses not want to change it back?

Two reasons that I can think of.

It is a JW's job to make more disciples for the Christain Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses and without Matthew 28:19 there is no scriptural backing for what you do.

The other reason is that Matthew 28:18 shows the will of God that a believer should be a disciple of Jesus and NOT a disciple of a man-made religious organization.

But people say blah blah blah preaching, teaching blah blah blah baptizing
And that those actually mean to make disciples.
No, it really doesn't.
To teach and to baptize makes a person a disciple of YOU.

Heads up! YOU are not Jesus.

It just amazes me that because I believe God never said to make anyone anything that it has to mean that I do not believe in teaching and baptizing. That is unfair and stupid.

The goal is to teach someone that it is God's will for him or her to reach The Teacher.
The goal of baptizing is to help the person shed the weight of the past.

I believe in those.

You who teach the wrong way to read Matthew 28:19 actually DO NOT believe in those, in my opinion.

Your goal is to teach someone to believe as you do and to baptize means to make them acceptable going forward.

You all have it backward.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nobody has given me a sigh sign yet that they can also see the difference between being and making.

If you make a disciple, the product is yours.

If you be an example of discipleship the people around you will benefit from your good influence
and if someone decides to seek Jesus to learn by him the product will be Jehovah's.

OK, now. Use your mind to compare your product with Jehovah's product.

What do you think?

Hahaha I know some of you will say that your product is Jehovah's product.

It isn't.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am getting an image. (Is that a backfire @Deeje?)

God is Holy and the person who is a disciple of God's son is being made holy.

You who believe your job is to make a disciple are putting your hands on it.

That is not OK.

It is showing a disrespect for the hand of Jehovah.
23 Jehovah then said to Moses: “Is the hand of Jehovah too short?...."

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And another thing :D

If you believe that a disciple is made by a disciple it means that you are making yourself.
To many people that is obvious. Too obvious.