• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah's Witness cartoon suggests to Children that magic-themed toys make Jehovah 'sad'

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
in which illusion does this occur? Govts lie through their teeth--they are corrupt to the core--they cause division. Like wmd in Iraq--300,000 dead Iraqis in the initial bombings--Why? This is what ones send their sons and daughters to kill for. 2Peter 2:19--they promise you freedom, yet they themselves are still slaves to corruption( depravity)
Do you think that the governing body never lies?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see, so neither Easter nor Christmas are Biblical. All you have to do is prove your assertion. How many encyclopediaś have you read on the subject ? Are encyclopediaś your sole source of historical knowledge ? Here is an obvious fact, you like to pontificate, without one scintilla of evidence to back up your pontifications. I once saw a cartoon about folk like you. A guy in a monks habit was carrying a sign on a stake that said ¨beware, the end is near¨, the next panel showed him slipping on a banana peel, the third panel showed him lying on the ground, the sign going up in the air, coming down with the stake stuck in his chest. Without evidence, Biblical and historical evidence, what you say is nothing more than empty blathering. Do you have a fixation on tables ?
He is fixated on percents.

kjw47

I see, so neither Easter nor Christmas are Biblical. All you have to do is prove your assertion. How many encyclopediaś have you read on the subject ? Are encyclopediaś your sole source of historical knowledge ? Here is an obvious fact, you like to pontificate, without one scintilla of evidence to back up your pontifications. I once saw a cartoon about folk like you. A guy in a monks habit was carrying a sign on a stake that said ¨beware, the end is near¨, the next panel showed him slipping on a banana peel, the third panel showed him lying on the ground, the sign going up in the air, coming down with the stake stuck in his chest. Without evidence, Biblical and historical evidence, what you say is nothing more than empty blathering. Do you have a fixation on tables ?

Its up to you to check into the facts. Afterall its your eternal life that is at stake.

kjw47

Encyclopedias are refuted all the time. In fact, every time a new edition comes out, it refutes many things it said in itś previous edition. Knowledge changes, improveś, it isn´t static. Dogma and dogmatists are static.

ok

shmogie

Its up to you to check into the facts. Afterall its your eternal life that is at stake.
No, going to an Easter sunrise service, or celebrating the birth of Christ has nothing to do with my eternal salvation.

Oeste

I doubt they lie. They make errors.

Truth has no "errors" else it would not be truth.

Look, all men lie because all men are fallible, which includes your Governing Board. If you tell someone “I’m busy!” when you’re not you have told a lie. There is absolutely no way your Governing Board is “exempt” from lying, so no need to doubt they lie because we all lie.

But God is not fallible, so His word is not fallible and neither is it in error nor is it ever a lie. When you speak the word of God your words are true because God has told you what to say. They are only in error when you begin to speak your own “truth” rather than the word of God.

This is how you differentiate a false prophet, who has error, from a prophet of God, who does not. Both are sinners, both claiming to be divinely inspired, but one speaks in error while the other speaks in truth:

Deuteronomy 18:

18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. jAnd I will put my words in his mouth, and they shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not listen to my words that he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

Note that it is GOD who puts the words in the mouth of his prophets. The prophet who speaks presumptuously...that is, anything God didn't tell him to say....shall die. As for the words of these prophets, scripture tells us we do not need to be afraid of them, which is why we choose to fear God rather than anything your Governing Board has to say.

Quite simply, you cannot claim to have “the truth” or to be "in the truth" if your truth has error because error is not sourced in God. “Error” enters the picture only when your words originate from a fallen source.

I am not referring to the errors in judgment, feeling to thinking that happens in everyday life. We all make those, and if we stopped listening to anyone simply because they were imperfect we would have to stop listening even to ourselves.

However, if your Governing board has published or proclaimed anything as Godly truth that they were forced to change then that “truth” was not from God. The source of any ungodly error…published/proclaimed as God’s truth…needs to be identified so that it does not propagate through the church or happen again. If the source is unrepentant then the source should be removed as a teacher. Likewise, if you have someone proclaiming Godly truths whose words are never brought into question then they should be identified so that the church may benefit.

John 7: 14-18:

About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching. The Jews therefore marveled, saying, “How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?” So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority. The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood.

2 Peter 1:21:

For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Remember KJW, those who teach cannot simply be dismissed as “fallible” because God holds them to a much higher standard:

James 3:1

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

If you Organization is going to change “truths” from time to time, it would be far better to declare such truths as your own from the outset rather than be placed in the precarious spiritual position of modifying yet another “truth” that was allegedly from God.

kjw47

No, going to an Easter sunrise service, or celebrating the birth of Christ has nothing to do with my eternal salvation.

1Cor 10:21-- God says--one cannot partake off the table of demons and his table--its mortals who are trying to do both because they wont look. When God made that statement he was saying---No matter what you think you do or have love for him it counts for 0 if one partakes off the table of demons. Jesus will say the same( Matthew 7:21-23) at judgement to many he said that thought they had the love and works to enter Gods kingdom, but Jesus assures them the opposite.
Satan infiltrated many pagan false god worship things into both celebrations. And many false teachings through the religion that came out of Rome.

kjw47

Truth has no "errors" else it would not be truth.

Look, all men lie because all men are fallible, which includes your Governing Board. If you tell someone “I’m busy!” when you’re not you have told a lie. There is absolutely no way your Governing Board is “exempt” from lying, so no need to doubt they lie because we all lie.

But God is not fallible, so His word is not fallible and neither is it in error nor is it ever a lie. When you speak the word of God your words are true because God has told you what to say. They are only in error when you begin to speak your own “truth” rather than the word of God.

This is how you differentiate a false prophet, who has error, from a prophet of God, who does not. Both are sinners, both claiming to be divinely inspired, but one speaks in error while the other speaks in truth:

Deuteronomy 18:

18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. jAnd I will put my words in his mouth, and they shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not listen to my words that he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

Note that it is GOD who puts the words in the mouth of his prophets. The prophet who speaks presumptuously...that is, anything God didn't tell him to say....shall die. As for the words of these prophets, scripture tells us we do not need to be afraid of them, which is why we choose to fear God rather than anything your Governing Board has to say.

Quite simply, you cannot claim to have “the truth” or to be "in the truth" if your truth has error because error is not sourced in God. “Error” enters the picture only when your words originate from a fallen source.

I am not referring to the errors in judgment, feeling to thinking that happens in everyday life. We all make those, and if we stopped listening to anyone simply because they were imperfect we would have to stop listening even to ourselves.

However, if your Governing board has published or proclaimed anything as Godly truth that they were forced to change then that “truth” was not from God. The source of any ungodly error…published/proclaimed as God’s truth…needs to be identified so that it does not propagate through the church or happen again. If the source is unrepentant then the source should be removed as a teacher. Likewise, if you have someone proclaiming Godly truths whose words are never brought into question then they should be identified so that the church may benefit.

John 7: 14-18:

About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching. The Jews therefore marveled, saying, “How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?” So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority. The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood.

2 Peter 1:21:

For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Remember KJW, those who teach cannot simply be dismissed as “fallible” because God holds them to a much higher standard:

James 3:1

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

If you Organization is going to change “truths” from time to time, it would be far better to declare such truths as your own from the outset rather than be placed in the precarious spiritual position of modifying yet another “truth” that was allegedly from God.
When one understands, satan' #1 job attack Jesus seed-relentless-- They are imperfect. God hid truths until these last days( Daniel 12:4) but those teachings still remained in the bible and were taught on in errors by every religion claiming to be Christian until these days--it took correction to error teachings on those matters and others that infiltrated centuries ago. The translations were erred as well until it was corrected--thus many errors in the early years, but then corrected at the proper time.
Even Gods own angels desired to know those truths( 1Peter 1:12)--It kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness as well. So he couldn't twist it all into oblivion. Like he tried through the religion that came out of rome and her 33,999 branches.

Oeste

When one understands, satan' #1 job attack Jesus seed-relentless-- They are imperfect. God hid truths until these last days( Daniel 12:4) but those teachings still remained in the bible and were taught on in errors by every religion claiming to be Christian until these days--it took correction to error teachings on those matters and others that infiltrated centuries ago. The translations were erred as well until it was corrected--thus many errors in the early years, but then corrected at the proper time.

There have been people looking for truth since the time of Adam KJW. That doesn't give one license to make up your own. A "hidden truth" is still truth. It is not an "error". Simply because a truth may be hidden is absolutely no reason for us to introduce errors in the name of God. God does not introduce error "until the proper time". Error is introduced by false prophets, not by God.

BTW, I am unaware of any traditional Christian church that taught 1914 would be the time of the end, or later, that it would mark the "final generation" that would see Armageddon. Nor am I aware of any traditional, historic church that went out and brought property for the ancient worthies they claimed would be shortly rising from the dead. Lastly I am unaware of any who announced 1940 was only a "few months" until Armageddon.

Blaming your own errors on others is a spiritual sin KJW. Apparently your church still teaches this as "truth". I've asked you before...exactly which bible translation, that later needed correction, lead your Governing Board into believing this?

You have yet to answer. Instead...

You go silent.

You obfuscate.

You gloss over my comments.

You ignore it.

You pretend you don't understand it.

Or you pretend you didn't see it or for some reason, couldn't read it.

Perhaps the words got fuzzy. So I'll make them larger.

Can you kindly and distinctly tell us which of Christendom's "erroneous" bible translations lead the Watchtower's Governing Board into believing 1914, 1925, or 1940 held any special spiritual significance at all, and explicitly which verses were "corrected" so that we might all see it?

Even Gods own angels desired to know those truths( 1Peter 1:12)--It kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness as well.

God's angels desired to know "truths", not errors. Why would angels accept error in lieu of truth?

Look, if the angels aren't willing to accept errors in lieu of truth, can you explain why you are?

I would much rather hear an "I don't know" from my teacher than have him make up something on the spot.

So he couldn't twist it all into oblivion. Like he tried through the religion that came out of rome and her 33,999 branches.

For some reason Matthew 7:5 comes to mind.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
God created all things--God owns all things--God says 100% what goes in his creation.
Try as we might, sure can find a "Yahweh's Stuff - No Touching!" on creation. And if your god says 100% what goes in his creation, then he had some hand in creating toys of warrior wizards.

So why are you all bellyaching about kids having fun?

Mortals are al sinners. Not one will be anothers judge, then or now.
Strong words from a group that does nothing but judge others.

Facts are there's nothing that proves your god over other gods, or no gods at all. Facts are you're just blowing holy smoke with thinly-veiled fear mongering.

shmogie

1Cor 10:21-- God says--one cannot partake off the table of demons and his table--its mortals who are trying to do both because they wont look. When God made that statement he was saying---No matter what you think you do or have love for him it counts for 0 if one partakes off the table of demons. Jesus will say the same( Matthew 7:21-23) at judgement to many he said that thought they had the love and works to enter Gods kingdom, but Jesus assures them the opposite.
Satan infiltrated many pagan false god worship things into both celebrations. And many false teachings through the religion that came out of Rome.
Please, here we go about Rome, again. Do you mean Roman Catholics, or the Roman Empire ? Either way, your assertion is nonsense. You have no concept of the history of the early church, do you ? You receive it as digested pap from you watchtower society with no effort to verify it. A mindless sheep following the goat to who knows where

shmogie

Even Gods own angels desired to know those truths( 1Peter 1:12)--It kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness as well. So he couldn't twist it all into oblivion. Like he tried through the religion that came out of rome and her 33,999 branches.
Gads, what bumpf

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
We warn of things that come off the table of demons--like the additives in Christmas--God says no matter what you think you do for him or have love for him if one partakes off the table of demons--anything they do for God counts as 0.

Right, and a child's action figure comes off the 'table of demons'?

I'm sorry. I am not meaning to seem rude. I'm asking something really serious, as I see it.

I also am not certain you're not reading something into those passages outside of the immediate context. That was specifically in a time when pagan worship was a real possibility for Christians to get caught up in. Why should I infer that's about the future, extending all the way down to the present day and children's toys?

shmogie

Tell me about those pagan practices that are part of Easter and Christmas, please, what are they ?

Oeste

I doubt they lie. They make errors.

*** w50 11/15 p. 462 Fraudulent Religious Relics ***
All error and lies are of the Devil and are certainly a great reproach and dishonor to God.

Well djhwoodwerks, I'd like to hear KJW detailed explanation on this one, especially why Watchtower "errors", unlike "Christendom", are simply "former truths" and not a "...great reproach and dishonor to God", keeping in mind James 3:1 "Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness." and Matthew 7:5: "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Until then, sit back and prepared to be treated to a fine buff, polish and glaze...that is, if he doesn't skip over it entirely.