• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah witnesses and their approach and Quran

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Aaron and his sons must wear them whenever they enter the tent of meeting or approach the altar to minister in the Holy Place, so that they will not incur guilt and die.
“This is to be a lasting ordinance for Aaron and his descendants.

Exodus 28 | NIV Bible | YouVersion

“Anoint Aaron and his sons and consecrate them so they may serve me as priests. 31Say to the Israelites, ‘This is to be my sacred anointing oil for the generations to come. 32Do not pour it on anyone else’s body and do not make any other oil using the same formula. It is sacred, and you are to consider it sacred. 33Whoever makes perfume like it and puts it on anyone other than a priest must be cut off from their people.’ ”

Exodus 30 | NIV Bible | YouVersion

Interesting I found that the Bible says they were meant to be only priests, and priests means exalted leader:

But didn’t you drive out the priests of the LORD, the sons of Aaron, and the Levites, and make priests of your own as the peoples of other lands do? Whoever comes to consecrate himself with a young bull and seven rams may become a priest of what are not gods.

And is psalms:

Let the house of Aaron say: “His love endures forever.”

Yet Aaron with his sister is accused of speaking against Moses to the extent Miriam dies of leprosy...

And we see God is angry at Aaron and his sons here and retracts some of the position they were given:

Leviticus 10 - NIV Bible - Aaron’s sons Nadab and Abihu took their censers,... (biblestudytools.com)

Also, the original prayer of Moses was regarding his tongue which he wanted the knot relieved regarding "by the one who you will send", but God said you have Aaron. So how can Aaron not live after Moses, when it's obviously not about a physical defect but about Moses being able to convey the truth fully and enlighten people, instead of waiting for the one God will send, he said you have Aaron who you must pray instead that he will relieve the knot of your tongue.

nPeace

Veteran Member
@Link the Bible is either from God, or it is not. It is either his word, or it is not. We can't have it both ways can we?
So if you accept the Qur'an, then maybe you really don't accept the Qur'an, because the Qur'an, does not say on any of it's pages that what God gave to his people - what God sent - is corrupt.
People say that.
Obviously, as you agree, the Qur'an contradicts the Bible. Not only that. It contradicts itself, and it denies its very own statements.

What the Bible says about God, help us to recognize your arguments to be simply based on human emotion.
So for example, God strikes down a man for touching the ark of the covenant, and someone goes :dizzy: "...but ....but :dizzy::"
Rather than understand why.

All your arguments here are from the human perspective.
They are not taking into account knowledge about God.
Look at it this way.
It's like someone saying, "Moses really did not know God. I do So what is written here, is not truth. I know the truth.
God would never have done that. "

Let's write what we know about God. o_O

Can you see that Link? The Qur'an was written when?
History of the Quran - Wikipedia
According to the Muslim belief and Islamic scholarly accounts, the revelation of the Qur'an began in 610 CE when the angel Gabriel (believed to have been sent by God) appeared to Muhammad in the cave Hira near Mecca, reciting to him the first verses of Surah Al-Alaq. Muslims believe that Muhammad continued to have revelations until his death in 632 CE. According to Islamic tradition, the Qur'an was first compiled into a book format by Zayd ibn Thabit and other scribes under the first caliph — Abu Bakr Siddiq. As the Islamic Empire began to grow, and differing recitations were heard in far-flung areas, the Quran was recompiled for uniformity in recitation (r. 644–656 CE). under the direction of the third caliph — Uthman ibn Affan. For this reason, the Qur'an as it exists today is also known as the Uthmanic codex. According to Professor Francis Edward Peters (1991), what was done to the Quran in the process seems to have been extremely conservative and the content was formed in a mechanical fashion to avoid redactional bias.

610 C.E.
Link, that's like how many centuries after the first book, and the last, of the books Qur'an says ..
  1. "He [Allah] sent down the Torah and the Gospel"
  2. "He[Allah] will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel."
  3. "We sent Jesus son of Mary, fulfilling the Torah that preceded him; and We gave him the Gospel, wherein is guidance and light, and confirming the Torah that preceded him, and guidance and counsel for the righteous."
  4. "Had they observed the Torah, and the Gospel, and what was revealed to them from their Lord..."
  5. “O People of the Scripture! You have no basis until you uphold the Torah, and the Gospel, and what is revealed to you from your Lord.”

Is there another Torah, and gospel that i should be reading Link. Where is it found, because according to the Qur'an, I have no basis in scripture until I uphold them.

Now, I had to wait about 2000 years after the Torah, and the gospel, for God to say, through whom - not the Qur'an - but the Muslim - a reader of the Torah, and the Gospel, like myself, to say, "The writings I sent are corrupt" ??? :openmouth:
Who is the "we" referred to in the Qur'an, though?

The scriptures reveal that God is not partial. So he will not favor Aaron, nor Moses, if they disobey him, and the Torah reveals that when both disobeyed, God did not overlook it.
Moses could not even put foot in the promised land, even though he begged God.
So it seems quite clear, evidently, you are arguing from emotion, and that's a human thing.... sometimes.... Not a good thing, but it happens... sometimes.

Edit.
Oh @Link I almost forgot. Where did you read that Miriam died from leprosy?

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
As for your post, according to Quran and ahadiths - the Prophet did perform miracles continuously through out his Prophethood by God's permission. He too like Moses was accused of being a sorcerer per Quran for the truth of his signs/miracles.
Please provide the texts that says these things.
Would that not contradict the Qur'an?
Sura 17
59. Nothing prevents Us from sending miraculous signs, except that the ancients called them lies. We gave Thamood the she-camel, a visible sign, but they mistreated her. We do not send the signs except to instill reverence.

Do I understand correctly, that the signs alluded to in the Qur'an relate to those that are manifest in creation, etc.?

If you can answer this, why would God have only Jesus to be with him before the physical form of the universe? Why wouldn't he train more then just him? Why only one pre-chosen person?
Are you asking why would God have one son before others?
Why did God not make humans to have 20 children at one time? BRAM!
Why did not not make billions of humans to populate the earth at one time? BRAM!
Seems obvious, to me Link. Isn't it obvious to you?

God created one being - a son, and trained him, because that is what God - the one who knows what is right and good, does. That is the right way.
That is why he made humans after his way - in his image.
A father is proud of his firstborn, and trains that one - teaching that one all his ways, and is proud when that one imitates him.
Other children will follow, and he will likewise teach and train them, but how good and pleasant it is when there is an example to look to, and learn from, and imitate - a sibling on your level... whom you can see loves the father, and sets such a good example, you admire, and want to imitate.
Unfortunately, there are some rebellious children, that want to get all the attention, and be followed - like the one who became Satan, the Devil.

That's the way it is Link. You do not think you know better than God, I am guessing... do you? So why would God not have a firstborn son?
Why would he not have a chief angel - over all the others. is he not a God of order.
Michael the archangel is chief over all the angels. He is the one God chose as leader. That's okay, isn't it?

Speaking of which... Do you really believe this statement?
Sura 2
34. And We said to the angels, “Bow down to Adam.” They bowed down, except for Satan. He refused, was arrogant, and was one of the disbelievers.
Why?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes it can be that much of the Bible is from God, but great amount of it corrupted. I don't see why not.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Yes it can be that much of the Bible is from God, but great amount of it corrupted. I don't see why not.
Based on emotionally driven opinion, yes it can be. That is how it is with the Atheists and fake Christians as well. They don't believe in miracles, so it is a book of myths... to them.
You don't believe certain things. Hence it is corrupted.
Just bear in mind that that puts you against your own book - the Qur'an. That would make two books you are against.
So what do you have to go on, other than 'what you think'.?
How would that put you in favor with God... Or other Muslims... not that that matters really. The former matters.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Angels are the followers of Ahlulbayt (a) among Jinn, they are not protected and guaranteed to not go astray. But God chooses Messengers from Angels, God's chosen Angels are guaranteed not to go astray. Iblis was an Angel, but was not in the category of chosen.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Angels are the followers of Ahlulbayt (a) among Jinn, they are not protected and guaranteed to not go astray. But God chooses Messengers from Angels, God's chosen Angels are guaranteed not to go astray. Iblis was an Angel, but was not in the category of chosen.
(Colossians 2:8) Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As for Lot, Quran shows he doesn't destroy unless he sends a Messenger, hence redeems Lot (a). As for Aaron (a), Quran redeems him and talks about him as Moses's (a) equal.

As for Saul/Talut (a) Quran says he is of God's chosen as well. The Quran disagrees with these chosen but then go astray type characters in Bible and redeems them into just chosen and praises them as righteous.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
JWs are closest to Islam from any Christian sect/religion in my view and I applaud them for their sincere study of the bible, though, I think they are better off abandoning the bible and doing the same approach with Quran and Sunnah, I feel they can solve the world problems and make us come to a sincere interpretation of Quran and Sunnah by their approach.

There is some disagreements I have with their interpretation including:

(1) Michael and Jesus being interchangeable is based on conjecture and misuse of how language works in this regard (their proof)

(2) Not noticing contradictions in Bible with itself - for example, I said to one of them while we were dialoguing, do you believe it's possible Jesus returns and then becomes evil (not saying it will happen, but possible), they said no, I said, in the same way I don't believe Talut/Saul and others like Lot can deviate and become evil after being chosen by God and anointed kings of God are pre-chosen before coming to this world in the same way you believe this about Jesus.

(3) The spiritual world and spiritual contact with dead saints/Prophets is cut off including with Jesus (who is not dead, but you get my point).

(4) The holy spirit, there is always an instance of it, and Elijah was alive for a reason, to transition it to Mohammad (s) but if they don't believe in Mohammad (s), they should believe in Elijah (a) being the hidden guide of this time according to the Gospels.

But over all, I feel they bring about treasures from the Bible and particularly the Gospels, I feel their approach if applied with Quran would do the Muslim community wonders.
Thanks for the kind words!
Maybe we can discuss some topics at times, if you’d like.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I do agree that JW are a good path in christianity:) but even it would be good if more people did find truth in islam, i can not ask them to convert since they already have a good understanding of their own practice.
We have found that using critical thinking, the 66-book Bible supplies the answers to all of life’s important questions. We need no other book.
And in trying to follow Christ and living by his standards (which are also Jehovah’s), we are satisfied.

Thank you for your kindness, you are truly genuine!