• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah Witness.Were in the bible is the first recoded person who fell asleep in death?

Bree

Gen 4:8 After that Cain said to his brother Abel: “Let us go over into the field.” So while they were in the field, Cain assaulted his brother Abel and killed him

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Gen 4:8 After that Cain said to his brother Abel: “Let us go over into the field.” So while they were in the field, Cain assaulted his brother Abel and killed him
Exactly.....and since there was no mention of any "life after death" in Genesis, everyone after Adam's sin who died, "fell asleep" in death.....thereafter to await the resurrection to either spirit life in heaven for those who are chosen to rule as "kings and priests" with Christ (Revelation 20:6).....or as those whom Jesus will call from their graves in the new world to come.....(John 5:28-29; Revelation 21:2-4) All of which was to take place after Christ's return.

Last edited:

Dogknox20

Frank Goad Good to meet you...

The soul of Samuel was still his soul after he died! Here he is raised up after death to give advise to Saul!
1 Samuel 28:13
The king said to her, “Don’t be afraid. What do you see?”
The woman said, “I see a ghostly figure coming up out of the earth.”

14 “What does he look like?” he asked.
“An old man wearing a robe is coming up,” she said.
Then Saul knew it was Samuel, and he bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground.
15 Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?
“I am in great distress,” Saul said. “The Philistines are fighting against me, and God has departed from me. He no longer answers me, either by prophets or by dreams. So I have called on you to tell me what to do.”
16 Samuel said, “Why do you consult me, now that the Lord has departed from you and become your enemy? 17 The Lord has done what he predicted through me. The Lord has torn the kingdom out of your hands and given it to one of your neighbors—to David

Here John sees the disembodied souls of early Christian martyrs. They are conscience
Revelation 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.
10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”

Frank Goad The fact they are disembodied is known because they have been slain. Thus disembodied souls exist.
The fact they are conscious is known because they cry out to God for vengeance. Unconscious people can’t do that. Thus conscious, disembodied souls exist.

Frank Goad Here again we have disembodied souls (they had been beheaded).
Revelation 20:4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
John sees them coming to life to reign with Christ–hence they are in a pre-resurrection state. Strengthening the case for conscious, disembodied souls because, after having been beheaded, they would be reigning with Christ in heaven in a disembodied state.

Dogknox20

Exactly.....and since there was no mention of any "life after death" in Genesis, everyone after Adam's sin who died, "fell asleep" in death.....thereafter to await the resurrection to either spirit life in heaven for those who are chosen to rule as "kings and priests" with Christ (Revelation 20:6).....or as those whom Jesus will call from their graves in the new world to come.....(John 5:28-29; Revelation 21:2-4) All of which was to take place after Christ's return.
There is life after death