• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeffrey Epstein found dead in cell

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not that I really care about the guy. He was a total scumbag, so good riddance.
Still, it seems that if someone did kill him or aid his suicide, they were probably doing a big favor for some people who attended many of his kiddie sex parties. And they were likely doing a favor for Epstein himself, since he was facing the rest of his life behind bars after living in obscene luxury for decades.
Yup. I couldn't care less either way, but suicide or foul play, either scenario leaves questions we'll probably never have answered.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yup. I couldn't care less either way, but suicide or foul play, either scenario leaves questions we'll probably never have answered.

One of my favorite shows when I was growing up was Quincy, M.E. If there was any hint of foul play in any apparent suicide or accident, he would find it.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I know. What are the odds? No foul play is suspected either.

Obviously I don't know anything anybody doesn't.
But I do see the strong likelihood that it was just suicide.

The rest of his life was going to be ugly. Not only his living conditions, but the pressure to give up his "friends". Many of whom were probably in a position to make his life even worse than the obvious. And he had the money to bribe jail staff. Which probably would have been easy, since he was going to be a big problem for them as well.

Tom

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Obviously I don't know anything anybody doesn't.

The rest of his life was going to be ugly. Not only his living conditions, but the pressure to give up his "friends". Many of whom were probably in a position to make his life even worse than the obvious. And he had the money to bribe jail staff. Which probably would have been easy, since he was going to be a big problem for them as well.

Tom
Unless, there is some evidence to the contrary, suicide is all that can be concluded. Speculation might be plausible, but it is all speculation. He would not be the first person drowning in his own devices that sought their own ends.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Trump, Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew can breathe a sigh of relief???

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'm willing to bet that the guards were paid a very handsome sum by some particularly powerful people to look the other way.

Also somebody's gotta keep the meme alive: Yet another person who could damage the Clintons ends up iced.

Let's not forget that a "Jane Doe" once sued (and later dropped the suit due to death threats) against both Trump and Epstein, alleging that Trump violently raped her at a party hosted by Epstein when she was 13. Who knows what kind of dirt on Trump he took to the grave with him.
Of course, in Facebook land the conspiracy theory among conservatives is that the Clinton's assassinated him.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The shocking thing is that he felt guilty only after people knew. As if that had changed what he did.

I think the unconscious mind builds a self image that can hide the truth of who we are based on the actual evil we do in the world. Consciously he might have seen himself as a pretty decent guy. However the "world" discovering the truth of who he was forced him to face the evil he had done.

I suppose OTOH, maybe he wasn't alone in his evil. Maybe he was silenced.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Also somebody's gotta keep the meme alive: Yet another person who could damage the Clintons ends up iced.
How much damage could Epstein do to the Clintons?

They've already been thoroughly dragged through the mud. They're super rich, well connected, and never going to run for office again.
They are now what Trump supporters always claimed he was. Private citizens who don't have to care what anybody thinks, and can just speak their mind freely.
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It does beg to be asked though, how does someone who is both in prison and on suicide watch obtain the means for suicide? Stranger things have happened, but it is odd nevertheless. Could it have been negligence on the prison's part?
New Trump, Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew can breathe a sigh of relief???
That's assuming that he did factually have anything damming and that he would have squealed, and that he's the only one with damning evidence (which clearly he isn't). With a suicide, it seems probable he couldn't get a plea bargain with taking them down with him.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think the unconscious mind builds a self image that can hide the truth of who we are based on the actual evil we do in the world. Consciously he might have seen himself as a pretty decent guy. However the "world" discovering the truth of who he was forced him to face the evil he had done.

I suppose OTOH, maybe he wasn't alone in his evil. Maybe he was silenced.
I totally agree.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It does beg to be asked though, how does someone who is both in prison and on suicide watch obtain the means for suicide? Stranger things have happened, but it is odd nevertheless. Could it have been negligence on the prison's part?
Apparently you are unfamiliar with the implausible things a billionaire with no moral scruples can accomplish.
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Of course, in Facebook land the conspiracy theory is that the Clinton's assassinated him.
Yup. Consider so many of those "Clinton's assassins" conspiracy ideas have been debunked and disproven, if it was foul play I'm more apt to believe it was by an inmate who was sexually abused himself as a child and possibly in for violent crimes. Which, admittedly, is just as questionable as a suicide while on suicide watch, which seems to suggest negligence on the prison's part if it was suicide.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Apparently you are unfamiliar with the implausible things a billionaire with no moral scruples can accomplish.
Tom
We're talking about suicide watch in a prison. As in, they aren't even supposed to have shoe strings or elastic bands on their pants.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
We're talking about suicide watch in a prison. As in, they aren't even supposed to have shoe strings or elastic bands on their pants.
How hard do you think it would be to find a guard who was willing to swap a length of rope(pre-tied) and a little quiet time for $100K?
Epstein's kind of money warps all kinds of things.
Tom

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yup. Consider so many of those "Clinton's assassins" conspiracy ideas have been debunked and disproven, if it was foul play I'm more apt to believe it was by an inmate who was sexually abused himself as a child and possibly in for violent crimes. Which, admittedly, is just as questionable as a suicide while on suicide watch, which seems to suggest negligence on the prison's part if it was suicide.
I imagine someone so high profile wouldn't be allowed to interact with other inmates.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
How hard do you think it would be to find a guard who was willing to swap a length of rope(pre-tied) and a little quiet time for $100K?
Epstein's kind of money warps all kinds of things.
Tom

I'd have to track it down but there was a pretty well known banker a number of years ago that regularly had sex parties with child prostitutes in Thailand and filmed a lot of it. When Thai police raided his house they found more than enough evidence, when he was on suicide watch he shot himself. When the police captain/ commandant was asked about it he said the guard that was watching him had got up to go to the bathroom and his pistol accidentally fell out and he didn't realize it. When he came back from the bathroom they found he had shot himself. I think they gave him the choice, either way one less sick individual in the world. I had to laugh.
Oh well.