• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeffrey Epstein’s Soul, Prayer, Judgement, Mercy, and Hell

Mark Dohle

Jeffrey Epstein’s Soul, Prayer, Judgement, Mercy, and Hell

Famed Holocaust survivor Elie Weisel once quoted a saying from an ancient rabbinical text: the angels weep whenever a soul is condemned to Hell. Our Lord seemed to echo that angelic emotion with His agonized sweat in the Garden of Gethsemane on the night before He died. If the angels lament the loss of one soul, how much more does God mourn the loss of one whom He created in His image and likeness to live with Him forever?

Contue: Jeffrey Epstein’s Soul, Prayer, Judgement, Mercy, and Hell - Catholic Stand

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Look at it this way: when we are designating certain categories of people as worthy of Heaven and others as fit for Hell, isn’t it curious that we always seem to find ourselves on the worthy side of the ledger?

Indeed, if we hope to receive God's mercy for ourselves, then we are to hope for it even for the worst of sinners.

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
I think God must judge each person based on his experiences... Because I know some old women who have lived in the countryside, and lived their whole lives without the temptation of sin.

...Then there are others who live in the hustle and bustle of the big city, traffic jams, and all the temptations known to man.

It will have to be case by case, because environment plays such a major role.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe in "hate the sin, not the sinner", and as far as judgment is concerned, that's God's role.