• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jealousy and the Jealous God

Hacker

Super Universe said:
God, the Creator of the universe, First Cause, the beginning and the end, the Creator of all physical laws, is... jealous?

Sigh...

What could He possibly be jealous of?
Again, I agree with you Super!:rainbow1:

Hacker

Halcyon said:
He is jealous of us because he have the power to escape his inferior creation and rise above him to the true God, he is also jealous of his mother and the other divine Aeons who reside in the fullness of God that he is separated from.
When you say HE, who are you referring to, I'm sorry but i'm a little confused and still in the learning process.:sorry1:

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
tlcmel said:
When you say HE, who are you referring to, I'm sorry but i'm a little confused and still in the learning process.:sorry1:
Sorry i should have been clearer, the he i refer to is the Demiurge - the creator of this universe.

Hacker

Halcyon said:
Sorry i should have been clearer, the he i refer to is the Demiurge - the creator of this universe.
Maybe I need to read a little more about Gnostisism, I never even heard of Demiurge.:confused:

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
tlcmel said:
Maybe I need to read a little more about Gnostisism, I never even heard of Demiurge.:confused:
There's no reason you should.

The word actually originated in Greek philosophy, the ancient Gnostics simply appropriated the word to describe Yaldaboath when they wrote their scriptures - as the Greek and Gnostic concept of demiurge is similar enough for the word to still make sense.

Read the wikipedia article on Gnosticism for a reasonably good introduction. :)

ProfLogic

writer said:
39 What could He possibly be jealous of?
*Not 'of.' 'For.' For you*

Jealous.. because mankind have both awareness and physical traits.... Because mankind is more powerful (a god is made and destroyed through the minds of humanity) since mankind had shown improvements that can be proven the self procalimed god only claims.. have you noticed it seems to claim a lot of things but have never shown anyone that is living today that it truly is the one god. People would say why should it? Well it would then put a rest to some people's belief that it never existed. Could other be no one worthy on this world as the characters in the bible have been portrayed? It is hard to believe since sinners were even selected to lead and they ultimately became bible heroes.....