• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Japanese/Shinto Creation

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Indeed.

But the beautiful thing about Shinto, is it is a Religion where you don't have to believe in any text. None of their ancient texts are considered to be without error, therefore they are not Scripture.

My practice of Shinto is I pray to Amaterasu, and I have no real Dogmas about her other then what she reveals to me through conviction, coincidence, signs, and wonders that seem to be more impressive than a broken clock being right twice a day.

Like, I believe her to be a friend of the Virgin Mary at the end times, and that she got baptized last Easter. But I would never tell someone they need to believe that , or that I am without error.

I pray to the Kami. I pray to Spirits. I pray to the dead. I love nature. I pray to all the soldiers enshrined at Yasukuni. Every soldier that dies for Japan gets enshrined as a Divinity at Yasukuni and their name and birthday written in a book of souls. There are more than 2 million four hundred thousand soldiers enshrined there. Before a kamikaze mission, the kamikaze said "We will meet again at Yasukuni shrine and return home honorably".

I don't believe Doctrine or Dogma or Scriptures to be important or guaranteed to be without error.

If they are helpful, then do by all means believe them. But in Shinto, they don't send people to preach that you have to believe their doctrines to be saved , or that their Doctrines are without error.

There is no doctrine in Shinto or known founder. Well, one doctrine I guess. The only Doctrine is: "Belief in the Kami".

Shinto is about what you do. Not what you believe. Follow your conscience and heart. Honor the dead. Do what brings you peace and what you find enriching spiritually. Don't argue about Dogma, it distracts you from devotion to the Kami (Spirits). It's a great Religion.

images.jpg Torii-entrance-shrine-Shinto-Mount-Hakone-Honshu.jpg81Ag5Q30NEL._AC_SL1500_.jpgTorii-Futarasan-Shrine-Japan-Nikko.jpg
03wordplay-torii-superJumbo.jpg