• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Japanese Pop Music Videos

nutshell

‡Âlãn‡ said:
And whomever it is deserves a freaking medal. :p

Thanks for your contribution, Alan. I may do a little extra work and find one just right for you that you can listen to evey night before you go to bed.:p

nutshell

Thanks to everyone participating in this thread.

I'd like to bring up something I like about Puffy. Have you noticed that they keep their clothes on in the videos? I thought of this as I read articles this weekend about Janet Jackson coming close to exposing her breasts again in a new video. While it would be easy to pile on to anything Jackson, lets step back and look at the other female pop stars in the U.S. Most of them are half naked and gyrating in their videos.

Puffy, on the other hand, are casually dressed (sometimes they might wear some eccentric outfits, but they usually stick to a t-shirt and jeans) and it looks like they're having a mild mannered good time rather than trying to sex it up. Their image has made them hugely successful in Japan and the are one of the very few Japanese artisits who have crossed over to the U.S. with some success. For those of you who don't know, they even have their own cartoon on the Cartoon Network - this cartoon was not a Japanese crossover, but made exclusively for a Westrn audience.

Anyway, I thought I'd point this out and wanted to ask if anyone else noticed when watching the videos. I also want to point out that I'm not claiming Puffy represents the "rule" of female Japanese pop stars. If we look hard enough I'm sure we can find ones sexing it up.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
nutshell said:
Thanks to everyone participating in this thread.

I'd like to bring up something I like about Puffy. Have you noticed that they keep their clothes on in the videos? I thought of this as I read articles this weekend about Janet Jackson coming close to exposing her breasts again in a new video. While it would be easy to pile on to anything Jackson, lets step back and look at the other female pop stars in the U.S. Most of them are half naked and gyrating in their videos.

Puffy, on the other hand, are casually dressed (sometimes they might wear some eccentric outfits, but they usually stick to a t-shirt and jeans) and it looks like they're having a mild mannered good time rather than trying to sex it up. Their image has made them hugely successful in Japan and the are one of the very few Japanese artisits who have crossed over to the U.S. with some success. For those of you who don't know, they even have their own cartoon on the Cartoon Network - this cartoon was not a Japanese crossover, but made exclusively for a Westrn audience.

Anyway, I thought I'd point this out and wanted to ask if anyone else noticed when watching the videos. I also want to point out that I'm not claiming Puffy represents the "rule" of female Japanese pop stars. If we look hard enough I'm sure we can find ones sexing it up.

Oh, so this is the much talked about Puffy Ami Yumi that I've been hearing about? I've been wanting to look into them, but now you've simply put it in my lap.

nutshell

zombieharlot said:
Oh, so this is the much talked about Puffy Ami Yumi that I've been hearing about? I've been wanting to look into them, but now you've simply put it in my lap.

Right. I sometimes forget they're called Puffy Ami Yumi in the U.S. In Japan, they are simply Puffy. However, they had to alter their name because of Sean P. Diddy Puff Daddy Puffy etc. etc. Combs.

Let me know what you think and please ask if you have any questions. I am by no means a Puffy expert. I just like their music. If you have a question I'm not sure about I'll ask my wife.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
zombieharlot said:

They (if I remember correctly) also do the extremely catchy theme song for "Teen Titans" on Cartoon Network.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
nutshell said:
Right. I sometimes forget they're called Puffy Ami Yumi in the U.S. In Japan, they are simply Puffy. However, they had to alter their name because of Sean P. Diddy Puff Daddy Puffy etc. etc. Combs.

Let me know what you think and please ask if you have any questions. I am by no means a Puffy expert. I just like their music. If you have a question I'm not sure about I'll ask my wife.

I don't know if they're really my thing. But that's only going off of the two songs you've posted. So:shrug: .

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
FeathersinHair said:
They (if I remember correctly) also do the extremely catchy theme song for "Teen Titans" on Cartoon Network.

I haven't watched CN in like four years. Ever since the PowerPuff Girl started getting old and they started playing Courage the Cowardly Dog less and less, I haven't found much of a reason to watch it.