• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Japanese Politician: Comfort Women "Necessary"

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Looks like this guy is looking to make himself Japan's great embarrasor.

Toru Hashimoto, mayor of Osaka, has argued that the use of women in conquered territories as forced sex slaves was "necessary" for the morale of Japanese troops -- though he suggests that Japan should "offer kind words to [former] comfort women." How sweet. More seriously, is this guy serious?

He has also apparently said in the last year that Japan "needs a dictatorship."

Is anyone more familiar with Japanese politics? Is this guy part of a new trend, or does he stand alone in his bat****tery?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Looks like this guy is looking to make himself Japan's great embarrasor.

Toru Hashimoto, mayor of Osaka, has argued that the use of women in conquered territories as forced sex slaves was "necessary" for the morale of Japanese troops -- though he suggests that Japan should "offer kind words to [former] comfort women." How sweet. More seriously, is this guy serious?

He has also apparently said in the last year that Japan "needs a dictatorship."

Is anyone more familiar with Japanese politics? Is this guy part of a new trend, or does he stand alone in his bat****tery?

What....

The....

(_____)....!!!!!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
From the perspective of a country which tried to defeat the US in war, it seems reasonable to say that Japanese antics in conquered territories was necessary, eg, cannibalism, sexual abuse, murder, slavery. But from the perspective of an American, it was entirely unnecessary.....wrong even.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The only part of that I could agree with was that Japan needs a dictatorship. Sooner they put me in charge, the better.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I love Japan. I don't love their views towards women.

But this guy goes even farther than I understand most men view women over there. I get the sense that women are more or less regarded as delicate treasures that need protection. Calling rape victims "comforters" is just... evil.

Flankerl

Its not a new trend nor does he stand alone.

All the evil stuff the japanese soldiers did in WW2 were never a topic in Japan. In school there is no rape of Nanking. Nor is Unit 731 or any other warcrime. Its the same for the whole society.

Iam surprised people are surprised by this.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Yet another good example of how keeping the morale of war troops is a bad thing.

Well...I'm sure you were posting in part jest, but...
Keeping the morale of war troops is a good thing. Performing war crimes is a bad thing. They don't have to be the same thing.