• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jan 6 Rioter gets 87 month prison term

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Having read all of the linked article, I disagree with you. "MAGAGranny" was making her contribution to the insurrection against the "stolen" election.
Again... 1st offense after 69 years of life and living. Damage done? none.

At your position, we would have to enlarge our prisons by 300% to house all the first-offense misdemeanors.

F1fan

Veteran Member

At your position, we would have to enlarge our prisons by 300% to house all the first-offense misdemeanors.
We can just let people out for minor drug crimes to make room for criminals who attacked our nation.

But it seems you feel like being soft on crime, is that the case? Or just soft on Jan 6 criminals?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Not all first offences, maybe just the ones that try to overthrow a legitimate government.
As I say, her age is irrelevant. At a sprightly 62 if I were to take part in an attempted insurrection I doubt I'd get away with a caution. I'd expect prison, and I'm not even sure what the vegan menu would be like.
Damage done - you mean physically? - clearly none. But the punishment is for the attempt to deny the democratic process; far more serious attempted damage than a bit of vandalism.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Perhaps because 87 is a bigger number than 7 and a quarter, damn the units. The dolts they want to impress aren’t known for their math skills.
Trump supporters, not exactly savvy thinkers. They believed Trump's lie, and many still do.

Anyone think President Biden, the “uniter-in-chief”, will give him a pardon?
Of course not. But the previous president did, which makes sense since he cooperated with the Jan 6 attack, and is in legal jeopardy himself for his actions. It is fortunate that America voted for Biden in record numbers. We have justice and accountability as a result.

Kenny

Premium Member
Not all first offences, maybe just the ones that try to overthrow a legitimate government.
As I say, her age is irrelevant. At a sprightly 62 if I were to take part in an attempted insurrection I doubt I'd get away with a caution. I'd expect prison, and I'm not even sure what the vegan menu would be like.
Damage done - you mean physically? - clearly none. But the punishment is for the attempt to deny the democratic process; far more serious attempted damage than a bit of vandalism.
WOW...

I am without words.

Give mercy to rapists, child abusers, robbers et al with prior offenses but throw the key out for first-timers...

Kenny

Premium Member
We can just let people out for minor drug crimes to make room for criminals who attacked our nation.

But it seems you feel like being soft on crime, is that the case? Or just soft on Jan 6 criminals?
But let all the illegals in and give them all the privileges of a citizen?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
WOW...

I am without words.

Give mercy to rapists, child abusers, robbers et al with prior offenses but throw the key out for first-timers...
Not sure as I mentioned rapists, child abusers or robbers. You sure know how to twist the words that I do use.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Her sentence was too lenient. She was actively involved and misled the police:

Idaho Woman, 69, Gets Jail Time After 'Needlessly' Distracting Police on Jan. 6
The image the word "granny" is supposed to summon up? Or not?

142B142C-2579-4C98-B470-C6067C2786DF.jpeg

Shaul

Premium Member
It was your claim. I can point to the one word that shows that it was.
No, it was your claim that the article targeted Trump supporters. My claim was that the article was using a bigger number to possibly impress dolts. Trump supporters and dolts are not the same thing.