• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

James vs Paul

2ndpillar

Jesus forgave Peter.

Matthew 17:1-2
And after six days Jesus taketh
Peter, James, and John his brother,
and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
And was transfigured before them:
and His face did shine as the sun,
and His raiment was white as the light.

The "testimony of Yeshua is the Spirit of prophecy" (Revelation 19:10). Peter was to become a major "stumbling block to me", and at the time of Matthew 17:1-2, did not take on the role of teacher, leader, and father, and had yet to cause the "children" to "stumble". There was nothing to forgive Peter for. Peter was playing his role as the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:17). Kudos to Peter.

74x12

The "testimony of Yeshua is the Spirit of prophecy" (Revelation 19:10). Peter was to become a major "stumbling block to me", and at the time of Matthew 17:1-2, did not take on the role of teacher, leader, and father, and had yet to cause the "children" to "stumble". There was nothing to forgive Peter for. Peter was playing his role as the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:17). Kudos to Peter.
Jesus prayed for Peter that his strength would not fail and that after he was converted he would strengthen his brethren. You would know that if you didn't (unwisely) disbelieve the gospel of Luke.

2ndpillar

Jesus prayed for Peter that his strength would not fail and that after he was converted he would strengthen his brethren. You would know that if you didn't (unwisely) disbelieve the gospel of Luke.

As stated by the unknown writer of Luke 1:1-3, Luke didn't witness anything, and his testimony can't be used to establish any matter (Matthew 18:16) & (Dt 19:15). But following that prayer, Simon's faith apparently did fail, and he denied Yeshua 3 times.

Luke 22:30 so that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 31Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. 32But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith will not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”…

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Ro.7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband.
Ep.3:2 Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Ro.3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.
Ph.3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation. 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Col.2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us ... 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath:
2Cor.3:7 But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away:

Paul was speaking specifically against ALL of the Works of the Law.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

74x12

As stated by the unknown writer of Luke 1:1-3, Luke didn't witness anything, and his testimony can't be used to establish any matter (Matthew 18:16) & (Dt 19:15). But following that prayer, Simon's faith apparently did fail, and he denied Yeshua 3 times.

Luke 22:30 so that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 31Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. 32But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith will not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”…
Which Jesus forgave as we know from the book of John.

Jesus asking Peter 3 times "Do you love me" One time for each denial. And Jesus told him "Feed my sheep" Then Jesus indicated by what death Peter would glorify God as a martyr.

John 21

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Simon's faith apparently did fail

Jo.17:12 "While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy name: those that thou gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled."

2ndpillar doesn't believe it. (shrug)

Ma.13 "And the disciples came, and said unto Him, 'Why speakest thou unto them in parables?'
He answered and said unto them,' Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.'" {meaning, the Disciples were given to know the parables}

Jo.15:6 "If a man abide not in Me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned."

Last edited:

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
The "testimony of Yeshua is the Spirit of prophecy" (Revelation 19:10).

But that's certainly not what you're doing when you specifically and continuously argue against what Jesus says.

Jo.17:12 "While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy name: those that thou gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled." {Who doesn't know which one Jesus means?}

2ndpillar

But that's certainly not what you're doing when you specifically and continuously argue against what Jesus says.

Jo.17:12 "While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy name: those that thou gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled." {Who doesn't know which one Jesus means?}

Then again, you go a step to far. Peter was not necessarily "lost", he was simply fulfilling his destiny of being the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 11:17. Peter was simply the shepherd being "sifted" by Satan. (Matthew 16:23) As for Judas Iscariot, he was fulfilling his destiny with regards to Zechariah 11:12-13, whereas Peter was fulfilling his destiny per Zechariah 11:16-17, in as he would "leave the flock", the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Acts 15:7).

james dixon

Premium Member
No one is saying repentance isn't necessary. Just arguing against the false idea that Jesus is not solely responsible for our forgiveness, justification and salvation.

Setting aside the biblical pros and cons of Jesus, we must first begin with the truth----
The local Rabbi's in Jerusalem told the Romans that if they crucified Jesus for the public to see; the local uprising against the Roman occupation would end.

Jesus was crucified, the Romans were run out of Palestine.

End of story

2ndpillar

Setting aside the biblical pros and cons of Jesus, we must first begin with the truth----
The local Rabbi's in Jerusalem told the Romans that if they crucified Jesus for the public to see; the local uprising against the Roman occupation would end.

Jesus was crucified, the Romans were run out of Palestine.

End of story

I think the story goes that there was a crucifixion, and a local uprising finally ended in the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, and Romans repeated the destruction again by Hadrian around 132 AD. The Romans stayed around awhile. Constantine's mother also overran Jerusalem with her Christian followers in the 4th century, and flooded the city with her icons and bastions/churches. Helena's churches and icons are now the Disney Land of the East.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Then again, you go a step to far. Peter was not necessarily "lost", he was simply fulfilling his destiny of being the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 11:17. Peter was simply the shepherd being "sifted" by Satan. (Matthew 16:23) As for Judas Iscariot, he was fulfilling his destiny with regards to Zechariah 11:12-13, whereas Peter was fulfilling his destiny per Zechariah 11:16-17, in as he would "leave the flock", the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Acts 15:7).

Lemme guess: "If Peter's Christian faith could be proven phony, then the entire religion could be regarded as illegitimate."... isn't that your whole plan, 2ndpillar?

You have gone a thousand thousands steps too far, and I almost feel sorry for you... almost.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Lemme guess: "If Peter's Christian faith could be proven phony, then the entire religion could be regarded as illegitimate."... isn't that your whole plan, 2ndpillar?

You have gone a thousand thousands steps too far, and I almost feel sorry for you... almost.

The church instituted by the beast (Constantine) with two horns like a lamb (Peter and Paul), is not phony. It was established per Zechariah 11:8 as the "flock doomed to slaughter", with the two staffs, Peter and Paul, as their shepherds. The fact that they carry the mark of Constantine/beast, given to him by the "dragon", only leads to the conclusion that things won't go to well for them (Revelation 14:10).

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Rodkinson says, in the Babylonian Talmud intro, that the Pharisees are now Rabbis.

This is what Jesus prophesied would happen to Him, who would do it, and why.

Matthew 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the Son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill Him, and let us seize on His inheritance.
21:39 And they caught Him, and cast [him] out of the vineyard, and slew [him].
21:45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard His parables, they perceived that He spake of them.

The kingdom has been given to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel {v.43}. Since the Divided Kingdom, Israel has been ONLY the 10 Northern Tribes. Today, Judah/Benjamin/Levi has no more to do with the Kingdom of Heaven than she did with 10-Tribed Israel.

Zechariah 11:8 as the "flock doomed to slaughter"

This is what will happen to the slaughtered flock:

Matthew 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Daniel 2:45 Whereas thou sawest that a stone was cut out of a mountain without hands, and it beat to pieces the earthenware, the iron, the brass, the silver, the gold

Whomever, from the 3-tribed southern nation of Judah, shall fall on the stone and be broken-hearted, will not be ground to powder along with the Pharisees. In the days of the New Testament, the multitude did what the Pharisees told them to do...

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Rodkinson says, in the Babylonian Talmud intro, that the Pharisees are now Rabbis.

This is what Jesus prophesied would happen to Him, who would do it, and why.

Matthew 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the Son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill Him, and let us seize on His inheritance.
21:39 And they caught Him, and cast [him] out of the vineyard, and slew [him].
21:45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard His parables, they perceived that He spake of them.

The kingdom has been given to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel {v.43}. Since the Divided Kingdom, Israel has been ONLY the 10 Northern Tribes. Today, Judah/Benjamin/Levi has no more to do with the Kingdom of Heaven than she did with 10-Tribed Israel.

This is what will happen to the slaughtered flock:

Matthew 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Daniel 2:45 Whereas thou sawest that a stone was cut out of a mountain without hands, and it beat to pieces the earthenware, the iron, the brass, the silver, the gold

Whomever, from the 3-tribed southern nation of Judah, shall fall on the stone and be broken-hearted, will not be ground to powder along with the Pharisees. In the days of the New Testament, the multitude did what the Pharisees told them to do...

Sorry, no cupie doll. The earthenware represents Edom/Essau, the iron represents Rome, the bronze represents the Greeks/Macedonia, the silver represents the Persians, and the Gold represents the Babylonian empire. According to Daniel 2:35, they will all be crushed at the same time, following the individual crushing of the iron and clay (Daniel 2:34), which happened in the Israeli war of 67 & 73, whereas Edom, and their Russian/Rome counterparts were crushed by a ragtag Israeli military (Zechariah 12).

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Sorry, no cupie doll. The earthenware represents Edom/Essau, the iron represents Rome, the bronze represents the Greeks/Macedonia, the silver represents the Persians, and the Gold represents the Babylonian empire. According to Daniel 2:35, they will all be crushed at the same time, following the individual crushing of the iron and clay (Daniel 2:34), which happened in the Israeli war of 67 & 73, whereas Edom, and their Russian/Rome counterparts were crushed by a ragtag Israeli military (Zechariah 12).
yeah... keep your creepy cupie doll... not all of us are tempted by your filthy symbols.

Matthew 23:29 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees
23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and [some] of them ye shall kill and crucify; and [some] of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute [them] from city to city:
23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar."

The trail of the serpent is the trail of the Pharisee. Jerusalem became Babylon because she was run by Pharisees. The same blood is found in both, because they are synonyms.

Last edited:

james dixon

Premium Member
and their Russian/Rome counterparts were crushed by a ragtag Israeli military

The killing and more killing by the Israelite's may make you feel good inside but that feeling was not shared by God & He stated this very clearly. The following verses detail His' views of the actions of the Israelite's way back then.

(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

NOTE: that "gathering" took place in 1947AD; for all to see

(Ezek 36:31 KJV) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

(Ezek 36:32 KJV) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

Now in the year 2018ad, what has changed; have the Israelite's repented and the Lord has forgiven them of their "past" transgressions because of their good words since then-?

Look at what they have done since the year of Israel's creation in 1947ad; have they changed their ways and now deserving of His grace--?

You tell me--- are they or are they not-?

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Edom, and their Russian/Rome counterparts were crushed by a ragtag Israeli military

Is there anyone who doesn't know about "the Lavon Affair"
and "attack on USS Liberty" in 1967?

The appropriation of American dollars and sense:
read "From Major Jordan's Diaries"
and "One Nation Under Israel"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

James Dixon, they're not Israelites, they're called Israelis... also incorrect.
The name "Israel" for that country, today, is identity theft, straight up.
Blessings and cursings are not connected to a misappropriated title.

Israel is the 10-tribes who split from greedy Solomon and son, telling them to feed themselves... seems like Solomon's kids kept that personality trait intact.

Israelites actually keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus. These days, if they have not the Son, they have not the Father... because no one comes to the Father but by Jesus... that's what Jesus says.
Without Jesus, there is no blessings due to Israel.

The killing and more killing by the Israelite's may make you feel good inside but that feeling was not shared by God
Look at what they have done since the year of Israel's creation in 1947ad; have they changed their ways

In theory, you are absolutely correct, sir.
Blood runs in the streets of Jerusalem. The Holy City is a charnel house. And it will not get better. In her is found the blood of the saints. She is the city where Jesus was crucified. And to her, go all of the prophets to their deaths. Isaiah 30 says that in returning and rest she will be saved. She has yet to do that. I'm not sure she will within our generation, because she is forcing America to be Egypt to her. When America is drained dry of money and soldiers, Israelis are finished.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

James Dixon, they're not Israelites, they're called Israelis... also incorrect.
The name "Israel" for that country, today, is identity theft, straight up.
Blessings and cursings are not connected to a misappropriated title.

Israel is the 10-tribes who split from greedy Solomon and son, telling them to feed themselves... seems like Solomon's kids kept that personality trait intact.

Israelites actually keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus. These days, if they have not the Son, they have not the Father... because no one comes to the Father but by Jesus... that's what Jesus says.
Without Jesus, there is no blessings due to Israel.

It is called the "nation" of "Israel", to fulfill Psalms 83, whereas their enemies conspire to "wipe them out"... "that the name of Israel be remembered no more". As for Judah feeding themselves, Judea is now a land of milk and honey.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

The killing and more killing by the Israelite's may make you feel good inside but that feeling was not shared by God & He stated this very clearly. The following verses detail His' views of the actions of the Israelite's way back then.

(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

NOTE: that "gathering" took place in 1947AD; for all to see

The "house of Israel" remains "scattered among the nations". The "whole house of Israel", which would include Judah, has not been raised from their graves (Ezekiel 37:11-12) & (Revelation 20:4), and the "house of Israel", has not been reunited with Judah and being ruled by king David (Ezekiel 37:15-28). The land "I gave to Jacob" remains under rule of Syria, Lebanon, etc.(Ezekiel 37:25). The restoration of Judah and Jerusalem (Joel 3:1) precedes the "valley of Judgment"/"Har-Magedon (Joel 3:2), and the reunification of Judah and the house of Israel.