• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Jailbait"/Ephebophilia

desideraht

Hellspawn
For what it's worth Jailbait to me means somebody who is beneath the age of consent, but physically looks older. So in the UK a 15 year old who can get into a bar might qualify, as most bars have an under 21 or under 25 policy. If you look below that age you're asked for ID.
In the U.S. I think they ask for ID if you look under age 45, because otherwise people would get horrifically "offended". I wish these same people would be offended by real-world atrocities rather than their own putrid sense of Vanity.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
In the U.S. I think they ask for ID if you look under age 45, because otherwise people would get horrifically "offended". I wish these same people would be offended by real-world atrocities rather than their own putrid sense of Vanity.

I'm honestly not trying to be an assclown here, although I know it will sound that way...
You've been offended in this thread without any insult being personally directed your way, but as the result of perceived slight to your age group. What's the diff?

Aquitaine

In my limited experience I would assume it's more of a Male thing to prefer younger partners, and more of a Female thing to prefer older partners.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
There you go twisting My words again. For the 5th time, it is not your attraction I take issue with. Are you not capable of reading that particular sentence? Because you choose to continuously ignore it.

But this was not what was stated. What was stated is that younger people are ignorant/immature. And it was that I took issue with, and nothing else.

I have no qualms about stating again that overall, younger people are generally more naive than older people. It's a general rule. That doesn't mean that ALL younger people are ALWAYS more naive or ignorant. But as a general rule, yes, it's true. People generally mature as they age. It's a natural progression.

Please don't tell me that you know just as much when you were 7 as you do now, that you have been this mature your whole life, and that there never was a time when you were ignorant. There's a world of difference there, just like there's a world of difference between 20 years old and 50 years old.

This whole being offended thing at somebody saying that kids aren't as mature as older people is a sign of adolescence itself. There's the idea that one knows pretty much all they need to know, while coming to realize that elders as human like everybody else. All while trying to carve out one's own identity. What a hectic time...and believe it or not, we've all been there before. I can even recount some eerily similar conversations with my own parents back when I was 19.

Des, look. Don't take it personally. It's not a dig, I promise. My reasoning for not being attracted to 16 year olds and people who look 16 is being taken really really harshly by you. It's a fact of life that people generally mature as they age, and yet because I feel that I can't connect with somebody with so little life experience, you're taking this as an insult to young people and to you.

You keep saying you're wasting breath on deaf ears, so why are you continuing to argue with me? What are you trying to accomplish? Trying to prove I'm prejudiced? That I've got something against young people? I gave you my resume, and I'm highly successful with youth and teens in our area (in fact, I'm often requested to work with the young folk because I understand them so well). The only thing I can think of that you have such a problem with is because you don't see yourself as naive, and you see other older adults in your life as being very ignorant, and so you're projecting your reality onto the entirety of humanity.

That - again - is one of the hallmarks of young adult thinking. When the kind of energy of overtly-confident, all-knowing, and invincible perspective is channeled well, it's remarkable. And teens and young adults offer something very unique to the world that us old folks don't have anymore. So keep your chin up, des. It's not the end of the world that you don't have everything under your belt. You got something....youth. A future. An open road. It's a very very good thing.

I swear I'm talking to my oldest son right now. LOL

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I swear I'm talking to my oldest son right now. LOL

It's been rather amusing to watch the conversation between you two!

As to the thread topic, physically, I generally like someone in their 20's, leaning more towards early 20's. The younger ones, I feel, are more suited for casual sex (they are so wonderfully...teachable :p). I'm yet to find one I'd be interested in dating though. In terms of a relationship, I'd be more inclined to someone closer to my age (27), so about 25-31. I've tried younger than that before, and it simply just doesn't feel right. There's just a better connection, I feel, with someone at a similar experience level (which, btw, doesn't necessarily mean going through the nasty things, but simply having been around for as long and with a memory bank of roughly the same size).

desideraht

Hellspawn
I'm honestly not trying to be an assclown here, although I know it will sound that way...
You've been offended in this thread without any insult being personally directed your way, but as the result of perceived slight to your age group. What's the diff?
Not so much offended. Just trying to bring to light the bigotry.

I am not sure what you are comparing this to. If you mean comparing My "offense" (again, I was not offended, but for the sake of discussion, let's hypothetically say I was) to someone being "offended" if they look under/over a certain age... I do not find these two things comparable. Thus:

Scenario 1: Person thinks I am immature because I either am, or look young.
Scenario 2: Person thinks I look X age. They do not ascribe any other form of judgment other than their guestimation.

In the second scenario, there is no judgment, the person is only offended because of the stereotypes that THEY ascribe to age, or they feel "ugly" because of the age they are perceived ***. It's an issue of insecurity, whereas what I was describing, the person is actively applying negative judgment for arbitrary reasoning. Hence bigotry.

desideraht

Hellspawn
This whole being offended thing at somebody saying that kids aren't as mature as older people is a sign of adolescence itself.
This is a weak argument and you know it. You are simply trying to turn it back around on Me, only really proving my original point: you're a bigot against younger people. That is all. I am not offended. I was calling you out. Continue to spin in circles. Anyone who is rational can see that you are not only twisting My words, but then going off on tangents that have nothing to do with anything I have actually said. You are a lost cause.

You said you are not attracted to 16 year olds due to mental development, as a "general rule." Fine. But the people who LOOK 16? They are not actually 16. So why ascribe that bulls*** to them. You know it is wrong. They do not have "little life experience" because they LOOK younger.

16 year olds are children. Hell, for the same reason you would not be attracted to a 16 year old, I basically refuse to date anyone under the age of 25 (even though I am 23). My ISSUE is when you talk about people who LOOK younger. Their appearance has nothing to do with their life experiences or mental maturity. Being physically gifted by the Fountain of Youth doesn't magically make them less mature. It is but a Blessing and a Curse and it gives them unique experiences. They are not treated like other adults their age but that does not stunt their mental growth. It in fact gives them additional insight.

Last edited:

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
My ISSUE is when you talk about people who LOOK younger. Their appearance has nothing to do with their life experiences or mental maturity. Being physically gifted by the Fountain of Youth doesn't magically make them less mature. It is but a Blessing and a Curse and it gives them unique experiences. They are not treated like other adults their age but that does not stunt their mental growth. It in fact gives them additional insight.

I'm 27, and aside from getting asked for ID, people often mistake me for being much younger, around the 19-21 year mark, and I can't say that I've had the experience of being treated any different to those my age. Nor have I been perceived, to my knowledge, as being less mature. And I honestly can't say I have any more insight than the average person.

Though, I guess I'm hardly a large sample size

desideraht

Hellspawn
I'm 27, and aside from getting asked for ID, people often mistake me for being much younger, around the 19-21 year mark, and I can't say that I've had the experience of being treated any different to those my age. Nor have I been perceived, to my knowledge, as being less mature. And I honestly can't say I have any more insight than the average person.

Though, I guess I'm hardly a large sample size
Then you are lucky. I also think being perceived as a minor when you are an adult is far different than being perceived as a younger adult. So perhaps your experience is not as extreme. I personally am very often mistaken as a 17 year old. People highly underestimate My intelligence, maturity, etc. solely based on My appearance. And it is extremely irritating. It has also, however, given me insight as to how shallow people can be, and how "first impressions" really can be everything. Their "first impression" of Me being underage doesn't necessarily change even if they see proof of Me being an adult. It also affects My dating life because men who are the age I am attracted to (basically 27-35) look right past me thinking I am way too young to even consider. I am seen as a child often, therefore people won't even ask Me out, and then when they find out I'm older they're like "oh I thought you were like 16-18". And their view of Me being someone they can't date for that reason doesn't really seem to change.

So yes, I am speaking from a very personal, frustrated place. No matter how I present Myself I have a very "youthful" look.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
This is a weak argument and you know it. You are simply trying to turn it back around on Me, only really proving my original point: you're a bigot against younger people. That is all. I am not offended. I was calling you out. Continue to spin in circles. Anyone who is rational can see that you are not only twisting My words, but then going off on tangents that have nothing to do with anything I have actually said. You are a lost cause.

LOL again, good luck with that. Got a long list of working with younger people who I believe in and who I think bring value to the world. I know what I've done and who I've worked with and how my own kids operate.

You said you are not attracted to 16 year olds due to mental development, as a "general rule." Fine. But the people who LOOK 16? They are not actually 16. So why ascribe that bulls*** to them. You know it is wrong. They do not have "little life experience" because they LOOK younger.

16 year olds are children. Hell, for the same reason you would not be attracted to a 16 year old, I basically refuse to date anyone under the age of 25 (even though I am 23). My ISSUE is when you talk about people who LOOK younger. Their appearance has nothing to do with their life experiences or mental maturity. Being physically gifted by the Fountain of Youth doesn't magically make them less mature. It is but a Blessing and a Curse and it gives them unique experiences. They are not treated like other adults their age but that does not stunt their mental growth. It in fact gives them additional insight.

Yeah, I thought you took it personally. You look 16. I said I can't be attracted to anybody who looks 16.

You know....I looked 16 until I was in my late 20's. Somehow, I didn't take it personally if a much older man or woman couldn't be attracted to me because i looked so young. I don't look 40, but in my mid to late 20s. I don't take it personally if somebody initially judges me by my looks (it happens). I still at times get carded when I go out (if I color the grey in my hair lol). On my 35th birthday, I tried to buy a six pack of beer to celebrate, and the cashier wouldn't accept any of my ID trying to say there is no way I was over 21.

She wasn't a bigot or had something against young people, or even younger-looking people. I just thought it was funny. Well, I got impatient until the manager came and confirmed I was 35. But painting her as a bigot? Come on. That's going way overboard.

You sure you really aren't covering your ears and yelling LALALALALALA like you joked about earlier? Certainly seems like it. :p

desideraht

Hellspawn
Working with young people, does not mean you can't be wrong about something that has to do with young people.

Also I don't really care what your feelings are/were about something. I don't care if you are not attracted to Me—I am definitely not attracted to someone with a mind like yours, so the feeling is mutual. And my reason is valid, and not based on faulty associations. If you said aesthetically you do not find young-looking people attractive, that would be one thing, but you are extrapolating on it by saying that their looks must affect their maturity. I am not taking it "personally"; I am annoyed, that a person who considers themselves intelligent would judge a person's maturity/intelligence based on how they look, and then try to justify it with irrelevant bulls*** excuses like "I work with kids" and "Well I didn't take it personally when I was your age so its okay!"

Willful ignorance. Is. Disgusting. Enough said. And that is all. You need not extend it or try to assume what My feelings or intentions are. I guarantee you do not understand them. Hence what you perceive to be on My part contradictory behaviour. That is because you do not understand it.

And by the way, that cashier absolutely was a bigot because you provided a valid form of ID and she still wouldn't let you make the purchase. That is what I would call a high class cu*t.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Working with young people, does not mean you can't be wrong about something that has to do with young people.

Also I don't really care what your feelings are/were about something. I don't care if you are not attracted to Me—I am definitely not attracted to someone with a mind like yours, so the feeling is mutual. And my reason is valid, and not based on faulty associations. If you said aesthetically you do not find young-looking people attractive, that would be one thing, but you are extrapolating on it by saying that their looks must affect their maturity. I am not taking it "personally"; I am annoyed, that a person who considers themselves intelligent would judge a person's maturity/intelligence based on how they look, and then try to justify it with irrelevant bulls*** excuses like "I work with kids" and "Well I didn't take it personally when I was your age so its okay!"

Willful ignorance. Is. Disgusting. Enough said. And that is all. You need not extend it or try to assume what My feelings or intentions are. I guarantee you do not understand them.

And by the way, that cashier absolutely was a bigot because you provided a valid form of ID and she still wouldn't let you make the purchase. That is what I would call a high class cu*t.

You keep escalating like this, you're going to run out of room and hit the ceiling. I suggest laying off the Red Bull, dear.

desideraht

Hellspawn
Changing the subject. A lovely tactic. Distractions are commonly referred to as a Red Herring.

While we're playing the digression game: Hail Satan!

Horrorble

People say I look between 16-18, dirty old men still love me though. I should work in a retirement home and really liven things up in there.

desideraht

Hellspawn
People say I look between 16-18, dirty old men still love me though. I should work in a retirement home and really liven things up in there.
Old people generally can't tell what gender I am unless I am presenting particularly "straight" that day. I get the occasional Cougar. But I'm gay so it isn't terribly flattering. I wish straight men would hit on Me. :facepalm:

desideraht

Hellspawn
Are you being serious?
Absolutely. It's atrocious, isn't it?

Though to be fair, I am in a very confusing position. I am transsexual. I have the sexual anatomy a heterosexual man it attracted to (snoo-snoo), however, I have a male demeanour/identity, and a mostly male body, due to My voluntary use of the male sex hormone, testosterone. I tend to attract the bi-curious types, who like the cooch but also don't mind the male body to go with it.

Horrorble

Absolutely. It's atrocious, isn't it?
No, just odd, kind of like me wanted gay men to hit on me :p
Though to be fair, I am in a very confusing position. I am transsexual. I have the sexual anatomy a heterosexual man it attracted to (snoo-snoo), however, I have a male demeanour/identity, and a mostly male body, due to My voluntary use of the male sex hormone, testosterone. I tend to attract the bi-curious types, who like the cooch but also don't mind the male body to go with it.
So you're a transman?
what's snoo snoo and cooch? lol