• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jack van impe dead.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It was last month I didn't realize that televangelist Jack Van impe died.

Even though I'm not a Christian anymore I liked Jack Van impe since the early 2000s when I was one.

Rip Jack. Condolences to Rexella.

sooda

Veteran Member

Even though I'm not a Christian anymore I liked Jack Van impe since the early 2000s when I was one.

Van Impe also believes a one-world religion will form, named "Chrislam", the joining of the world’s two largest religions, Christianity and Islam. Jack believes the Bible states that the world political leader will "come in peaceably" and create a seven-year peace deal involving Israel.

sooda

Veteran Member
Jack Van Impe - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Van_Impe

• Criticisms
Jack Van Impe believed in one particular interpretation of the literal meaning of the Bible (King James version) that states, according to Revelation 13, that a single world political leader (The Beast) and a single world religious leader (the False Prophet) will emerge, but The Rapture will happen before either leader comes to power. He believed that the Bible teaches that the world will be organized into ten political subdivisions, based on the ten-district plan set up by the Club of Rome, and that this ten-divisio…

PureX

Veteran Member
The Book of Revelations should more appropriately have been called the "Book of Vengeful Fantasies".

sooda

Veteran Member
The Book of Revelations should more appropriately have been called the "Book of Vengeful Fantasies".

Van Impe preached some real screwy stuff. He taught that Rome was the whore of Babylon.. and that the EU and the Club of Rome were the New World Order. He taught that Russia was Gog and Magog.

I used to laugh my head off.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

Very interesting to me too. First I've heard of this. He was always on one of our local stations at a time when we didn't have a hundred stations. I was fascinated by all that talk. Being a little more informed now I am not impressed at all with his Biblical prophecy approach.

They actually live not far from me. I saw Rexella at a local upscale mall and we made eye contact but didn't talk. She is a nice looking lady but must be up there in age by now. Who could be forget her soft emotionally expressive speaking style.

sooda

Veteran Member
Very interesting to me too. First I've heard of this. He was always on one of our local stations at a time when we didn't have a hundred stations. I was fascinated by all that talk. Being a little more informed now I am not impressed at all with his Biblical prophecy approach.

They actually live not far from me. I saw Rexella at a local upscale mall and we made eye contact but didn't talk. She is a nice looking lady but must be up there in age by now. Who could be forget her soft emotionally expressive speaking style.

You and most other people. Impe taught the Scofield heresy with a conspiracy twist..

Twilight Hue

Van Impe preached some real screwy stuff. He taught that Rome was the whore of Babylon.. and that the EU and the Club of Rome were the New World Order. He taught that Russia was Gog and Magog.

I used to laugh my head off.
I was really into prophecy and end times back in the day and ordered several of his books. While it's all goblygook to me now, I found him to be a real interesting guy. I used to be crazy over that stuff.

Twilight Hue

If only she didn't butcher herself with all that plastic surgery.

sooda

Veteran Member
I was really into prophecy and end times back in the day and ordered several of his books. While it's all goblygook to me now, I found him to be a real interesting guy. I used to be crazy over that stuff.

Lots of young people do enjoy it... and sometimes Nostradamus too.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Revelations are there to test us.

To live your life is to be "Now here"
To dream your life is to be "Nowhere"

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I actually had Jack Van Impe's father speak in my comparative religions course. Interesting, but...