• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jack Smith Asks for Gag Order on Trump in Classified Documents Case

Wandering Monk

Trump's claims that the FBI was sent to assassinate him is a dog whistle for the violent in MAGA to threaten potential FBI agents who will be witnesses in the trial and also to threaten the lives of their families. The Special Counsel stated in his motion that Trump falsely suggested that agents were plotting to assassinate him, and that rhetoric has put those officers and their families lives in danger.

Attachments

• 1716607135149.png
    1716607135149.png
    409 KB · Views: 21

F1fan

Veteran Member
She might calculate this and go ahead and approve the gag order. Enforcing it will be another matter. Trump might violate the gag order and it's up to her to decide if it is a violation. Maybe she will, maybe she won't.

No doubt she knows that Trump has plenty of proxies that will spread disinformation.

We Never Know

No Slack
She might calculate this and go ahead and approve the gag order. Enforcing it will be another matter. Trump might violate the gag order and it's up to her to decide if it is a violation. Maybe she will, maybe she won't.

No doubt she knows that Trump has plenty of proxies that will spread disinformation.
Trump violate a gag order! Oh c'mon. He wouldn't do that would he lol

Wandering Monk

In that case, Smith would ask Cannon to hold Trump in contempt. If Cannon denies, he would appeal THAT to the 11th Circuit.

F1fan

Veteran Member
In that case, Smith would ask Cannon to hold Trump in contempt. If Cannon denies, he would appeal THAT to the 11th Circuit.
The problem with Cannon is that she has no obligation to rule on anything within a certain time table. She's been sitting on motions that should have been ruled on already. Analysts can't be sure if her intent is to slow the process before the election, or if she's so inexperienced that she doesn't want to rule on anything because she doesn't want to be appealed again. She is short on staffers. And I wonder if there's pressure to do nothing in fear of making mistakes. It's all quite suspicious, and her right wing attitudes are well known. It's bad luck for American justice that she was appointed to this case. It's disgraceful what MAGAs are doing to this nation. I don't understand why so many citizens support MAGA, nor what they want for America. I think if they get what they want there will be massive regrets by quite a few of them.

There's a part of me that has a morbid curiosity to see what MAGA would actually do if they gained power, but I know the potential damage they could do if they had unlimited control. I said back after Trump won the electoral college in 2016 that maybe America needs to hit bottom like a stoned addict before they realize we need ethics, we need law and order, we need democracy, we need fairness, we need cooperation, and progress. If they want to ban abortion services, go ahead. If they want to ban contraception, go for it. Want to deport millions of migrants, here legally or not, do it and watch the economy suffer with inflation. Want to impose severe tariffs, do it and watch what happens to trade and the affordability of consumer products. Want to pardon MAGA offenders, and any other MAGA offender that commits crimes for the sake of MAGA, let's see what hapvens to crime and a rise in death threats and attacks. Want to pull out of NATO and support Russia's war on Ukraine, the see what happens to the economy and alliances we have with Europe. There's no such thing as isolationism anymore, we have a global economy. The USA has never been able to be isolationist as was the intent in both world wars. We inevtably were affacted and were dragged in.

Maybe we have to stand by and watch MAGA rise to power and just hold on the best we can as their policies lead to one failure after another.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Judge Cannon has DENIED Smith's motion to gag Trump's lies about Biden attempting to kill him. She ignored the substance of the motion and claimed that Smith did not confer with Trump's defense. However Smit noted that Trump's lteam refused to confer over the issue, so the ruling is flawed.

There may be a hearing to flesh out the detils of her ruling, and if she does not reconsider it might be grounds for an appeal.

Wandering Monk

Judge Cannon has DENIED Smith's motion to gag Trump's lies about Biden attempting to kill him. She ignored the substance of the motion and claimed that Smith did not confer with Trump's defense. However Smit noted that Trump's lteam refused to confer over the issue, so the ruling is flawed.

There may be a hearing to flesh out the detils of her ruling, and if she does not reconsider it might be grounds for an appeal.
This was a paperless order, without prejudice. Paperless orders are not appealable in my understanding. Paperless orders are often called minute orders.

F1fan

Veteran Member
This was a paperless order, without prejudice. Paperless orders are not appealable in my understanding. Paperless orders are often called minute orders.
I didn’t hear about it being paperless. That’s significant. It strikes me as another bit of evidence that she’s biased towards Trump. She wants to avoid any appeal.

We Never Know

No Slack
Trump's claims that the FBI was sent to assassinate him is a dog whistle for the violent in MAGA to threaten potential FBI agents who will be witnesses in the trial and also to threaten the lives of their families. The Special Counsel stated in his motion that Trump falsely suggested that agents were plotting to assassinate him, and that rhetoric has put those officers and their families lives in danger.
Technically they were authorized to use deadly force if necessary. The warrant even said so. Its standard.

Is Trump over playing it? Definetly.

Warrants for the homes of Biden and Pence I assume said "may use deadly force when necessary"

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Well she could have filed it with prejudice if that was her goal.
She could have done that, but if she had done that it would have made her decision subject to appeal by the 11th Circuit. At least that is my understanding.
But instead of jumping to conclusions, how about just wait it out and see.
The waiting is the point. It is a delay tactic.

We Never Know

No Slack
She could have done that, but if she had done that it would have made her decision subject to appeal by the 11th Circuit. At least that is my understanding.

The waiting is the point. It is a delay tactic.

Its a standard tactic. People are wanting Trump to be rushed through before the election in hopes it will disqualify him.
I've known regular cases that have taken years to actually go to trial. Trump has that same right to drag it out as anyone else does.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Its a standard tactic. People are wanting Trump to be rushed through before the election in hopes it will disqualify him.
This assumes Trump will be found guilty. Which is exactly what I assume will happen when this case is brought to trial. But is it what you assume? And more to the point, is it what Trump and his defense team are assuming?

If Trump really believed he would be acquitted in this case then it would be in his best interest to have the case as soon as possible. If he thinks he will be convicted he will want to delay that as long as possible.

But what do you think is in the best interest of Justice?
Btw, how is denying a gag order a delay tactic?
As has already been explained to you, it is the "without prejudice" aspect of this ruling. Now Jack Smith has to appeal to Cannon's court again. And she will delay making a final decision on this gag order as long as possible, if she ever does make a final ruling.