• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jack Kerouac's God

Anthem

What is your view of Jack Kerouac's view on God and maybe the world at the same time?

This goes to those who have read his books (hopefully at least one), not that you can't speak about it otherwise, but I kind of feel having read pretty much all his books that if you have not read them at all your view may be based on other people's views....and that is very problematic.

74x12

What is your view of Jack Kerouac's view on God and maybe the world at the same time?

This goes to those who have read his books (hopefully at least one), not that you can't speak about it otherwise, but I kind of feel having read pretty much all his books that if you have not read them at all your view may be based on other people's views....and that is very problematic.
Problematic, oh really?

danieldemol

Premium Member

Do you have a link to his works or are you requesting us to buy his books?

Anthem

Do you have a link to his works or are you requesting us to buy his books?
I'm not requesting - i'm asking those who have read them. But yeah - you can buy them or go to the library. And who knows, maybe you can find them from the internet as well.

atanu

Premium Member

Why not summarise the main points.

Anthem

Why not summarise the main points.
I don't really feel like writing an essay. I just kind of imagined someone here was familiar with it.... if not you can read his books or forget about it. Or of course you can read other people's essays on him but I am disgusted by such essays so I don't want to push the option on anyone's face.

74x12

Does 888=24?

I call a number weekly that is 18888888
And I'm seeing 8's and 24's everywhere.

Does it mean something?
Interesting. 24 is 2x12 and there were 24 elders John saw casting their crowns down around the throne.

Probably not anything significant. I think that when you start thinking about a certain number; you start noticing it more frequently. Just like you may find out about a new car you like and then you notice that type of car everywhere. It was already there but you're just noticing it now.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do you mind taking your connections elsewhere?
I'm sorry.

I did that. It started out as a reference to Jesus (74) being more problematic than the man you mentioned.

Jesus was problematic for some, not for others.

Sorry for derailing your thread! :(

Anthem

I'm sorry.

I did that. It started out as a reference to Jesus (74) being more problematic than the man you mentioned.

Jesus was problematic for some, not for others.

Sorry for derailing your thread! :(
It's okay. It's clearly dead already.