• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jacinda Adern resigns

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Jacinda Adern, prime minister of New Zealand, has resigned after 5 1/2 years in office. She became New Zealand's youngest prime minister at the age of 37. She took over from as leader of the opposition a couple of months out from an election where her political party was headed towards certain defeat and managed to win.

She has lead New Zealand exceptionally well through a number of crises including the Mosque massacres and the Covid pandemic. She's garnered considerable respect on the world stage as a compassionate and capable leader.

Jacinda Ardern resignation: Her meteoric rise - and the bombshell announcement that shocked New Zealand

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes saw that news. She was a good spokesperson. I liked her.

I note that many news items are now putting in the daggers.

A sad sign of the times. Who would want to be a leader?

Regards Tony

She had hoped to return from the summer break refreshed and energised heading into another election year but didn't at all. I think it is a good decision for her personally. Of course she has her critics locally and internationally and politics can be brutal. Politics in New Zealand has become increasingly polarized and toxic in New Zealand over the last 2 years.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Jacinda Adern, prime minister of New Zealand, has resigned after 5 1/2 years in office. She became New Zealand's youngest prime minister at the age of 37. She took over from as leader of the opposition a couple of months out from an election where her political party was headed towards certain defeat and managed to win.

She has lead New Zealand exceptionally well through a number of crises including the Mosque massacres and the Covid pandemic. She's garnered considerable respect on the world stage as a compassionate and capable leader.

Jacinda Ardern resignation: Her meteoric rise - and the bombshell announcement that shocked New Zealand
Link not work in UK

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Would she like a working holiday in the UK?

Many of us can readily identify with burn out and have had to consider how to manage it. Sometimes putting one's health first is best in the long run. Feeling burnt out in the role of Prime minister heading into an election year is a tough place to be. Her first priority will be to have a much needed break. There's talk about a future role with the UN not the UK:)

exchemist

Veteran Member

She's very wise. It must be a punishing job and far too many politicians cling on past their sell-by date, when they are out of stamina and ideas. She is just about managing to defeat Enoch Powell's aphorism that all political careers end in failure.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

I am happy she is putting health and family first.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I hope it's no where near as bad as it is here in the USA.

Its hard to compare as we get a very skewed view of America through the media. Americans I meet tend to manage their social interactions with family, friends and work across the political spectrum without too much difficulty. Some come to New Zealand to escape the divisiveness.

That said, I have the impression politics in NZ is generally less toxic and divisive than the USA. We are a much more secular country where religious conservatives are fewer and less prominent.