• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

J6 Committee unanimous

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The January 6th Select Committee on a 9-0 vote will refer Donald Trump to the DOJ for prosecution on at least four charges:

[1] Assisting or aiding in an insurrection
[2] Obstruction of an official proceeding
[3] Conspiracy to make false statements (fake electors)
[4] Conspiracy to defraud the US

John Eastman was also named for referral to the DOJ, as well as four US Congresspersons to the House ethics committee.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The fake electors case is the one that the least covered by the media since it has so many moving parts, so many conspirators invloved, including law makers, and is still under investigation. I find this one perhaps the most damaging since it involves so many outside of Trump's circle. And the actions of the fake electors, involving dozens of people from 5 states, and two others that didn't go as far, has a direct tie to Trump and his aims to overturn the election results. It was Eastman's idea, and Guiliani was directly invoved, so they surely informed Trump about their intentions. It's all in the hands of the DOJ now. The cases look to be exceptional against Trump, Eastman, and Guiliani.

The four house members who were referred to the ethics committee means little since they will be in the majority in a few weeks and won't face any accountability. But this referral goes on their resume as politicians, and for the historical record.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But at the same time this is something that has never happened before in the history of the United States.
Bingo! If not, what happened on January 6th likely will be repeated at some time.

The Committee did a very good job, imo, by hitting the nails on the head and then disbanding after only 1 & 1/2 hours today without fanfare.

Last edited:

Wandering Monk

The January 6th Select Committee on a 9-0 vote will refer Donald Trump to the DOJ for prosecution on at least four charges:

John Eastman was also named for referral to the DOJ, as well as four US Congresspersons to the House ethics committee.

Remember also that 6 Republican lawmakers asked for preemptive pardons from Trump. They KNEW they were committing crimes against the United States:

Matt Gaetz
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Andy Biggs
Mo Brooks
Louie Gohmert
Scott Perry

Remember these names.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Remember also that 6 Republican lawmakers asked for preemptive pardons from Trump. They KNEW they were committing crimes against the United States:

Matt Gaetz
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Andy Biggs
Mo Brooks
Louie Gohmert
Scott Perry

Remember these names.
Jim Jordan has been mentioned as possibly being one of the 4 that will be recommended to Garland for possible prosecution.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Matt Gaetz
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Andy Biggs
Mo Brooks
Louie Gohmert
Scott Perry

Remember these names.
Lol I just got a notification from (an admittedly leftist) YT I watch where apparently Miss Green was claiming somewhere that had she been heading the Jan 6 insurrection, it would have succeeded.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Lol I just got a notification from (an admittedly leftist) YT I watch where apparently Miss Green was claiming somewhere that had she been heading the Jan 6 insurrection, it would have succeeded.

Correct. She also said that it would have involved more firearms. (That's not her exact words, but the sense of it as I understood it).

Wandering Monk

“I come to Washington, I swear in on January 3, I get accused of giving insurrection tours which I thought was hilarious because I couldn’t even find the bathroom in the Capitol. True story,” Greene, a Georgia Republican, said while speaking at an event by the New York Young Republican Club, according to video posted by the Twitter user @patriottakes. “Then January 6 happens, and next thing you know, I organized the whole thing along with Steve Bannon here. And I gotta tell you something: If Steve Bannon and I had organized that, we would have won. Not to mention, it would have been armed. Yeah. See, that’s the whole joke isn’t it?”

Greene again downplays Capitol riot and says it would have been armed if she led it | CNN Politics

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Matt Gaetz
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Andy Biggs
Mo Brooks
Louie Gohmert
Scott Perry

Remember these names.

C'mon, man...I've spent all year trying to forget people like Matt Gaetz and MTG exist, and now you're ordering me to remember them?
Dammit...

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Matt Gaetz
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Andy Biggs
Mo Brooks
Louie Gohmert
Scott Perry

Remember these names.
Unfortunately with the shenanigans the top 2 pull, we couldn't forget them if we tried.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Good luck.

Trump is above the law. People need to accept that.