• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ivermectin for COVID-19 - positive lab test human tests needed

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's vital, at least to me, to be careful about stories like this. Ivermectin seems to be what we're looking for but it's only been tested in the lab, not in humans. So I'm cautiously optimistic. And I'm 100% going to avoid channeling Herr Doctor Professor Trump in touting a wonderful medical breakthrough.

But as a bullet point notes, medical science is focused on finding an answer:

The drug joins the growing list of other medicines that are currently in testing around the world as scientists look to combat the novel coronavirus pandemic.

Scientists have found another potential coronavirus cure

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Thank you for (1) bringing this to our attention and (2) not over-dramatizing it. Much appreciated.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Its a promising area to research further, and having a drug that's already in use makes it easier to approve. A key question would be the dose needed to be effective. There's a huge difference between killing the virus in a lab and killing it in humans, so any optimism needs to be tempered with realism and research from those with the appropriate expertise.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just saw on the news in Central Valley here they are trying an FDA approved treatment of transfusing plasma from someone recovered into a sick individual.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I just saw on the news in Central Valley here they are trying an FDA approved treatment of transfusing plasma from someone recovered into a sick individual.
That's the sledgehammer approach compared to isolating the antibodies from the blood of someone who has recovered. But still, I won't gainsay them trying it.

oliviathomas

Australian scientists have found that an antiviral drug called ‘IVERMECTIN’ was able to kill coronavirus grown in cell cultures in less than 48 hours.
Ivermectin is a medication used to treat many types of anti-parasite infection.
Ivermectin is an inhibitor of the covid-19 causative virus in vitro.
Ivermectin is FDA-approved for parasitic infections and therefore has a potential for repurposing.
Ivermectin is currently being investigated as a treatment for coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which is the virus that causes COVID-19. The trials so far have shown ivermectin reduces the number of cell-associated viral DNA by 99.8 % in 24 hours. Further studies are needed to determine the effectiveness of this medicine in humans with COVID-19.

David Walker

Buy Ivermectin is AN on-solution against parasitic medications. It's AN ectoparasiticide drug. Ivermectin is recommended to patients who're tormented by parasitic assaults or contaminations along with the enteral lot, skin, and eyes. A rule improvement bunch was met because of the misrepresented worldwide consideration of Ivermectin as a potential treatment for COVID-19.