• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've something to say regarding the "MAGA teen" controversy.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I just wanted to admit that I had made a fool of myself by jumping to conclusions on this incident, and that I owe @Landon Caeli, @Nowhere Man, and the rest of the forum an apology.

Sorry everyone, you all deserve better from me.

That was a really noble thing to say, Fr. Heathen, and I highly respect you as a person. But I don't think you made a fool of yourself, because so many respectable sources were also mislead...

Your opinions are valued, and I enjoy reading them, even when I disagree. :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My already high esteem for you, @Father Heathen, just rose a notch or two further. Everyone is wrong about something now and then, and any stubborn mule can dig in their hoofs and refuse to budge one bit when they're wrong. That's normal. Takes something more to change your mind based on the evidence and place the truth above your own ego. Good for you, FH!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I just wanted to admit that I had made a fool of myself by jumping to conclusions on this incident, and that I owe @Landon Caeli, @Nowhere Man, and the rest of the forum an apology.

Sorry everyone, you all deserve better from me.
Your cool. :O)

Wouldn't be debate if you didn't have a little bit of smack between debaters. Heh..

Apology gladly accepted (although you really didn't need to). You're always a welcome opponent and from time to time as an ally on the many various subjects that get discussed and debated here.

So get those chinks hammered and buffed out of yer knightly armor and see you out there as both ally and foe on the debating and discussion battlefield!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
But I don't think you made a fool of yourself, because so many respectable sources were also mislead...

It's not just that I was mislead, but that I was guilty of the very things I so often criticize others for, such as blindly trusting claims and reacting to them in a knee-jerk fashion, etc.
As for being mislead, this incident and how it was handled by the media only serve to lend credence to the cries of "fake news".
If the truth is on your side/your side stands for truth, then it shouldn't be necessary for you to resort to deception and manipulation to further your cause. Furthermore, if you're routinely and genuinely maligned and marginalized, then it shouldn't be necessary to play up or fabricate instances of victimhood.
The story keeps changing, but last I heard the group of teens were being antagonized, unprovoked, by a BLM group who were accusing them of being bigots while at the exact same time harassing them with racist and homophobic slurs.
Of course, your typical SJW types double down and ignore the dishonesty and hypocrisy. I feel dirty having been a part of it.

Curious George

Veteran Member
It's not just that I was mislead, but that I was guilty of the very things I so often criticize others for, such as blindly trusting claims and reacting to them in a knee-jerk fashion, etc.
As for being mislead, this incident and how it was handled by the media only serve to lend credence to the cries of "fake news".
If the truth is on your side/your side stands for truth, then it shouldn't be necessary for you to resort to deception and manipulation to further your cause. Furthermore, if you're routinely and genuinely maligned and marginalized, then it shouldn't be necessary to play up or fabricate instances of victimhood.
The story keeps changing, but last I heard the group of teens were being antagonized, unprovoked, by a BLM group who were accusing them of being bigots while at the exact same time harassing them with racist and homophobic slurs.
Of course, your typical SJW types double down and ignore the dishonesty and hypocrisy. I feel dirty having been a part of it.
As one of the only "SJWs" on this forum, i would note that I did not make any conclusive leaps or even take any sides. Consequently, i would assert tjat SJWs showed reserve and only non SJWs took the bait.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Columbus is right.
Is there really any definition?
Social justice warrior - Wikipedia
Social justice warrior (SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially
progressive
views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism,[1][2] as well as
identity politics.[3] The accusation that somebody is an SJW carries implications that
they are pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction,[4] and
engaging in disingenuous arguments.[5]

Audie

Veteran Member
I wouldn't wish internet death threats on him. But I would be good with a big name band writing a hit song making fun of him.
Tom
Columbus is right.

Social justice warrior (SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially
progressive
identity politics.[3] The accusation that somebody is an SJW carries implications that
they are pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction,[4] and

WGIC-White Guilt Industrial Complex

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Is there really any definition?

"SJW" means many things but is almost always pejorative. To give you a rough, general idea, it's often used to refer to someone who desires to curtail freedom of speech for the sake of political correctness, or someone who believes that misandry is a reasonable approach to combating misogyny, or someone that believes racism is okay if the target is of a "privileged" race, or someone who is vindictive or excessive in their methods, such as harassment, "doxing", vandalism, etc. or someone who is simply mawkish, inconsistent, hypocritical, etc. engages in disingenuous and fallacious arguments.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Columbus is right.

progressive
Do you promote multiculturalism?