• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've had worse Hangovers than Covid

NArdas

My wife was fully vaccinated due to an edict from her work, she has fibromyalgia and has never been the same since, she brought it home to me (I am unvaccinated) and she was sick for two weeks, I was sick for less than 24 hours (vomited, lost my balance and then was ok.) liked the paid time off of work.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Covid 19's effects vary greatly among people.
I know some for whom it was a death sentence.
Others barely survived.

Vaccines don't guarantee health, but they do
offer a lower probability of severe disease.
They're like seatbelts & airbags in cars....you
can still die in a crash...but the odds of survival
are far far better.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My wife was fully vaccinated due to an edict from her work, she has fibromyalgia and has never been the same since, she brought it home to me (I am unvaccinated) and she was sick for two weeks, I was sick for less than 24 hours (vomited, lost my balance and then was ok.) liked the paid time off of work.

It didn't kill you then? Stroke of luck there i think.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's rather like Russian Roulette....the experience
of one person can be vastly different from another.
Ya just canna generalize from one person's result.

I know people who have had worse colds and i knew people who have died. As you say "ya just canna" generalise

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm just getting over it. I and the entire family had it. Much worse than a cold for me. Fever, nausea, heartburn came first, then the hot/cold flashes/body aches that went on about 48 hours, the cough thing was mild, but the clogged ears/nose/congestion keep going on. It was really unlike anything else I've ever had.

All while taking care of the kids, who also had such... the younger two bounced back quicker, I noticed.

My husband, oldest son, and I had all been vaccinated. Still got the damned thing. I assume it may have been worse if we hadn't.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I'm just getting over it. I and the entire family had it. Much worse than a cold for me. Fever, nausea, heartburn came first, then the hot/cold flashes/body aches that went on about 48 hours, the cough thing was mild, but the clogged ears/nose/congestion keep going on. It was really unlike anything else I've ever had.

All while taking care of the kids, who also had such... the younger two bounced back quicker, I noticed.

My husband, oldest son, and I had all been vaccinated. Still got the damned thing. I assume it may have been worse if we hadn't.

I am glad you are recovering. Far better than the alternative

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My wife & I both had it last January, and it knock me down for one week and my wife for three weeks, but since we were fully vaxed our symptoms were not even close to being life threatening.

Audie

Veteran Member
Jealous. I feel like crap. Advil is keeping the headache at bay, but the fatigue, congestion/drip, cough are the pits.
It varies a lot doesnt it?
Im sorry it " got " you.

Luckily for both and by very far most people,
the reaction on govt level is way out of proportion.