• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've Been Warning Y'all....Many Low Skill Jobs Will Soon Disappear

Milton Platt

Hopefully I finally get one of these case manager positions I interviewed for. Then, finally, I'll get to have a Libertarian outlook as I make good money and issues of the poor become less apparent in my life and hardly a blip like the water in Flint is, and can walk up to a computer and tell it to suck it because it can't replace me. :p

GPS and computers are already giving us those. I suspect most of us alive today will see a day when it's like the movie Logan, and we see automated trucks on the road.
Yes, it is true that jobs done by humans are slowly being taken over by robots. First the repetitive things, but as AI improves rapidly, more and more things. Thinking long range, what would happen when robots can fulfill all jobs, including producing more of themselves......

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
(We husbands already know we're useless when the robot lawn mower arrives.)

so.... you're saying..... we're doomed then

h350-0236.ashx

Honda-Mimo.jpg

robot-lawn-mowers-compare.jpg

worx-landroid-robotic-lawn-mower-8897.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I read an article 10 years ago saying that IT support would be obsolete in about 10 years because computers would be able to fix themselves....... well...it isn't..... and I was SO looking forward to it being obsolete too...... dang...looks like I am in this business another 10 years....stupid (physician heal thyself.... NOT) computers

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I read an article 10 years ago saying that IT support would be obsolete in about 10 years because computers would be able to fix themselves....... well...it isn't..... and I was SO looking forward to it being obsolete too...... dang...looks like I am in this business another 10 years....stupid (physician heal thyself.... NOT) computers
Your job might be one of the few left.
And my job...which is living off taxes you pay.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

As long as they do the dishes I am happy. Interesting but a bit scary of an article. The ranks of naked headless torsos is a bit off putting. And the claim that there are 33 million more men than women in China tells us that the various attempts to kill baby girls at birth or selective abortion seems to have been a fairly wide practice in China. Though I can see how that could drive a market for such devices.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As long as they do the dishes I am happy. Interesting but a bit scary of an article. The ranks of naked headless torsos is a bit off putting. And the claim that there are 33 million more men than women in China tells us that the various attempts to kill baby girls at birth or selective abortion seems to have been a fairly wide practice in China. Though I can see how that could drive a market for such devices.
One problem cropping up in sex dolls for the Chinese market is
their tendency to nag the man to get a PhD & a secure government job.

MonkeyFire

That's why democracy needs to use its majority to naturally buy up all the big business and enjoy its fruit all together.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In the news, customers are banking more & more on line....
Banks Shutter 1,700 Branches in Fastest Decline on Record
Banks are closing branches at the fastest pace in decades, as they leave less profitable regions and fewer customers use tellers for routine transactions.

The number of branches in the U.S. shrank by more than 1,700 in the 12 months ended in June 2017, the biggest decline on record, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of federal data.

Branch numbers fell again in the second half of 2017, according to related data submitted to bank regulators and reviewed by the Journal. That would add to the thousands of locations closed following the financial crisis, and is the longest stretch of closures since the Great Depression.

Many of the closings were in big cities and surrounding suburbs, where branches were consolidated largely because of falling foot traffic. Others were in rural areas, where some large regional lenders are leaving town altogether.