• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've been locked up in The Tibetan Book of the Dead for days now

dfnj

Anyone not familiar with The Tibetan Book of the Dead it's a fascinating read. There are many translations so not all of them are done very well. I spent a lot of time looking for really good translations. I found one really good PDF version of the book:

https://holybooks-lichtenbergpress....tent/uploads/The-Tibetan-Book-of-the-Dead.pdf

This translation closely follows this audio reading of the book which is a slightly different translation:

I find reading along with the audio book to be the best way to hear what the book is trying to say. I would not get too hung up on the different Gods but just read the male ones as "Divine Father" and the female ones as "Divine Mother."

I may be stuck here for a few more days but I wanted to share the PDF and audio book because I found them to be accessible to me.

dfnj

So, do you try contacting the dead?

Every time I post something on this site. The book of the dead is about the living as well.

Koan from the gate-less gate:

If you are awakened, all things are one and the same,
If you are not awakened, all things are varied and distinguished.
If you are not awakened, all things are one and the same,
If you are awakened, all things are varied and distinguished.

Feel the drugs....

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Anyone not familiar with The Tibetan Book of the Dead it's a fascinating read. There are many translations so not all of them are done very well. I spent a lot of time looking for really good translations. I found one really good PDF version of the book:

https://holybooks-lichtenbergpress....tent/uploads/The-Tibetan-Book-of-the-Dead.pdf

This translation closely follows this audio reading of the book which is a slightly different translation:

I find reading along with the audio book to be the best way to hear what the book is trying to say. I would not get too hung up on the different Gods but just read the male ones as "Divine Father" and the female ones as "Divine Mother."

I may be stuck here for a few more days but I wanted to share the PDF and audio book because I found them to be accessible to me.
You should try the book,
Living and Dying, by Sogyal Rinpoche.

I bought a copy back in the 90s when I first started Buddhism.

dfnj

Holy Bardo, Batman!
How do you propose to get out?

I just got out. It took a while but I've completed the whole book. I absolutely loved it. I've always felt that when we die we are immediately haunted by everything act of evil we performed in our lives. This just confirmed my suspicions.

I'm now about to dive into this puppy. This is a 6 hour reading so I may not be back here for a few weeks. Wish me luck!

dfnj

You should try the book,
Living and Dying, by Sogyal Rinpoche.

I bought a copy back in the 90s when I first started Buddhism.

I just found Sogyai's book. I'm reading it now. I found and audio reading of it. My eyes do not work so good anymore. It's 6 hours!!! I might be a while!!!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Thats excellent!

I love the dead disembodied spirits!

We don't have the intimacy we once had, but I trust we shall be like peas and carrots again... some day! Even if its in the next life!

dfnj

Thats excellent!

I love the dead disembodied spirits!

We don't have the intimacy we once had, but I trust we shall be like peas and carrots again... some day! Even if its in the next life!

"O nobly-born, from the hearts of the Divine Fathers and Mothers of the Five Orders, the rays of light of the Four Wisdoms united, extremely clear and fine, like the rays of the sun spun into threads, will come and shine upon thee and strike against thy heart."

Like peas and carrots!

PearlSeeker

Koan from the gate-less gate:

If you are awakened, all things are one and the same,
If you are not awakened, all things are varied and distinguished.
If you are not awakened, all things are one and the same,
If you are awakened, all things are varied and distinguished.
Ah! I get it. If you are awakened, you can talk in riddles.