• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've been bad

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Apparently. So the kids at the daycare decided to put me in time out a lot today lol. It all started with this one kid who kept bringing me to different parts of the classroom then telling me to sit and then he'd say I was in time out. Then say i could get out before placing me back in. If Id ask why and he go: I dont know you in time out. Eventually he went home early and i made the mistake of saying Yay i can leave time out! Another student looked at me and said No. And put me back. After a while i asked her if I could leave she said sure. But then a different student heard this and no you been bad. You stay in time out. A little while later I got out of time out and stayed out till the end of the day when one the previous students who put me in time out put me back in time out. Then two the other students surrounded me and was like you in time out. Eventually I got tired of time out. I asked my coworker if she could tell them to let me out and she laughed and went "Nope you must've done something bad." I was stuck there the rest of the day till it was time for me to get off.

Edit: it was pretty fun tbh. Everytime they put me in time out Id sneak out and they'd laugh and put me back. Or I would try to get out and they'd be giggling and go "no stay" and try to get me to sit back down.

Last edited:

VoidCat

I think the reason the first kid was doing it was because he wanted to sit with me. So he played with me by putting me in time out. Everytime he'd have me sit he either sit in my lap or sit beside me. And since the other students thought me being in time out was funny they decided to play as well.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I once had a lawyer in my office.
He was being difficult.
I gave him a time out...outside the building.
I settled things with the rest of his party without him.
This too was pretty fun.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Back when I was studying psychology, I signed up to help out on a juvenile ward of a state hospital (it was based on diversion from juvenile hall) and not because the kids were psychotic.

They had a group therapy session that could get pretty intense. One day it was my turn to be the center of attention. They nailed me for spending a lot of time with the staff. I was in fact reluctant to engage with them and they knew it. After that focus, things were easier for me.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the reason the first kid was doing it was because he wanted to sit with me. So he played with me by putting me in time out. Everytime he'd have me sit he either sit in my lap or sit beside me. And since the other students thought me being in time out was funny they decided to play as well.

They're role playing. My daughter (2) is a big one for role play. She served me up some cake and coffee (all fake, from her toy kitchen) then told me off for eating cake before I'd finished my dinner. I looked around bemused and she handed me a wooden cucumber, and told me 'No more cake until you eat your dinner'.

Back in the old days, if kids were modelling their carers they might have grabbed a wooden spoon and hit you with it, so be thankful...lol

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
too cute... the joy of children! Love it!

Havana (our 3 year old grandchild) and the whole of her family, were with us for 5 weeks. Christmas and New Year.

On their way back to Australia, they stopped at a friends house in Phoenix.

As mom, Naomi our daughter, went into that house's bathroom, Havana commented, "Mummy, there are so many different toilets. (We are amazed at her vocabulary and complete sentence structure abilities).

"I like Nana's toilet. I miss her toilet!" :D I guess toilets are more important than grandparents :D

Things that impress children. :)

VoidCat

They're role playing. My daughter (2) is a big one for role play. She served me up some cake and coffee (all fake, from her toy kitchen) then told me off for eating cake before I'd finished my dinner. I looked around bemused and she handed me a wooden cucumber, and told me 'No more cake until you eat your dinner'.

Back in the old days, if kids were modelling their carers they might have grabbed a wooden spoon and hit you with it, so be thankful...lol
Yep role-playing. The college classes I take calls it dramatic play when kids act out roles.