• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've become partially blinded

Cooky

Veteran Member
I was on my patio this morning, and the sun was coming in and out of the rain clouds, when the light suddenly beamed on me very hard to my left... I was in the middle of a post, so I turned my swivel patio chair to the right, and the sun beamed off my cell phone and went directly into my right eye.

I became instantly blinded in my right eye, and became dizzy, standing up, and almost fell to the ground.

I ran inside screaming: I'm blind, I'm blind, and I am still having vision problems right now, about 10 hours later.

Will I regain my sight?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sorry to hear this Landon. Your sight will likely return, I think. For now, join the club; I'm blind in my left eye and that's never coming back. I hope yours does.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I'm sorry to hear this Landon. Your sight will likely return, I think. For now, join the club; I'm blind in my left eye and that's never coming back. I hope yours does.

It was the weirdest thing, the fact that I suddenly lost my balance simultaneously.

...I'm sorry about your eye though.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I was on my patio this morning, and the sun was coming in and out of the rain clouds, when the light suddenly beamed on me very hard to my left... I was in the middle of a post, so I turned my swivel patio chair to the right, and the sun beamed off my cell phone and went directly into my right eye.

I became instantly blinded in my right eye, and became dizzy, standing up, and almost fell to the ground.

I ran inside screaming: I'm blind, I'm blind, and I am still having vision problems right now, about 10 hours later.

Will I regain my sight?

I hope so, but I'd still get to a doctor to get checked out. Sometimes they can do something if it's immediately dealt with and if you wait it could be permanent.

But, to be honest even if it was permanent there is a reason you were born with two eyes -- it's a backup. :D

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I hope so, but I'd still get to a doctor to get checked out. Sometimes they can do something if it's immediately dealt with and if you wait it could be permanent.

But, to be honest even if it was permanent there is a reason you were born with two eyes -- it's a backup. :D

Fortunately we also have spare arms and legs.

leov

Will I regain my sight?
Hope you'll fully regain it a few days.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

Will I regain my sight?

I recommend you put a patch over your eye for a few days.
Wishing you well.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

Will I regain my sight?

Just echoing everyone else's warm wishes, I'm so sorry! That had to be scary. I'd reiterate the need to see a doctor to see what the prognosis is. Keep us updated!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Speaking as one who did go blind in one eye due to a detached retina
Go to an doctor and get checked ASAP
I ended up in surgery for reattachment

hopefully it is nothing but the longer you wait the worse it gets if you have what I had

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Now I know how to sneak up on you.
(If I ever need to.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A lot of people suggesting an eye doctor visit.

...I probably should.
You should refer to them as "opthamologist".
This is because if doctors were called the body part
they specialized in, there'd be no proctologists.
But whatever they're called....see one...uh, not the
last one...for your case, see the opthamologist.