• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's useless IMHO to prove your point(about God) to others

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
25 jun 2018 stvdv 012 76

Yesterday or so I replied to a post "Does God care if some decide not to believe in Him?"
1) God won't care If God does NOT exist
2) God won't care If God does exist
These ones can be proven easily even

Of course today came the "anticipated question" in the form of "Go on..."

RF members belong to the smart human species, so all get it "I am limited to elaborate on this one"

Of course I fully understand what it means if no one replies ... "all agree with this".:rolleyes:

If the above triggers too much resistance try the below. It made me really laugh:D:D:D. He proves his point very good.

I believe spirituality and enlightenment are very easy. No joke. We just need to stop our mind.
So below in the youtube you see a Russian telling jokes, so simple and all loved him. #MeToo
Maybe Enlightenment is as simple as how Gatis Kandis "accidentally found his jokes"
NOTE: Intro at 2m33s and Jokes start at 2m50s [normally I copy "play from specific time" but this did not work on RF:oops:]

Last edited:

stvdv

25 jun 2018 stvdv 012 78
And some OPs are clearly more useless than others. :D

I did check how "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" is going. Scores very high compared to Spiritual DIRs
So even useless OPs to some seem to be useful OPs to others
Is there anything useless in this universe?

When I get bugged by bugs, I wonder "Oh my God, why oh why did you create these little buggers?"

If God does exist it must be good & I can blame God;)
If God does not exist I cannot even blame someone:(

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
25 jun 2018 stvdv 012 76

Yesterday or so I replied to a post "Does God care if some decide not to believe in Him?"

RF members belong to the smart human species, so all get it "I am limited to elaborate on this one"

Of course I fully understand what it means if no one replies ... "all agree with this".:rolleyes:

If the above triggers too much resistance try the below. It made me really laugh:D:D:D. He proves his point very good.

I believe spirituality and enlightenment are very easy. No joke. We just need to stop our mind.
So below in the youtube you see a Russian telling jokes, so simple and all loved him. #MeToo
Maybe Enlightenment is as simple as how Gatis Kandis "accidentally found his jokes"
NOTE: Fun-part starts at 2min33sec [normally I copy "play from specific time" but this did not work on RF:oops:]

If Gatis Kandis can become a comedian and make it to the next round of Britian's got talent, maybe you can convince the atheists God exists. Then Christians will show the Jews that Jesus was their Messiah, and I'll let the born again Christians know that Muhammad wasn't such a bad guy.:)

stvdv

25 jun 2018 stvdv 012 79
If Gatis Kandis can become a comedian and make it to the next round of Britian's got talent, maybe you can convince the atheists God exists. Then Christians will show the Jews that Jesus was their Messiah, and I'll let the born again Christians know that Muhammad wasn't such a bad guy.:)

Aha I see you are a "trickster", trying to get me mess up my own OP;). I feel ZERO need to convince others about whether God exists or not.

Atheists are known to be very smart. So if God exists they are the ones who will find out. Telling them usually gets them to run the other way:p
Theists will never find out if God exists. Because they prefer to "believe" only. So also no need to tell them anything.

Agreed: Gatis Kandis tell the jokes:), and let you:p do "convincing talk to Christians that Muhammed was not such a bad guyo_O"

I will lean back and see how all this plays out:D

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Aha I see you are a "trickster", trying to get me mess up my own OP;). I feel ZERO need to convince others about whether God exists or not.

Atheists are known to be very smart. So if God exists they are the ones who will find out. Telling them usually gets them to run the other way:p
Theists will never find out if God exists. Because they prefer to "believe" only. So also no need to tell them anything.

Agreed: Gatis Kandis tell the jokes:), and let you:p do "convincing talk to Christians that Muhammed was not such a bad guyo_O"

That right, I’m the trickster, trying to turn you into a rabid religious fanatic! Soon your mild mannered Dharmic exterior will dissolve and you’ll start telling everyone what to do and think like the rest of us clowns lol.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I agree that specific arguments concerning whether God exists are not meaningful, because the arguments hit the wall beyond which human reason and logic cannot go. I do debate other issues around the believe or non-belief in God(s) that are meaningful.

stvdv

25 jun 2018 stvdv 012 80
That right, I’m the trickster, trying to turn you into a rabid religious fanatic! Soon your mild mannered Dharmic exterior will dissolve and you’ll start telling everyone what to do and think like the rest of us clowns lol.

Oh my Master, do you accept diciples, or is your classroom filled already?:D
But now serious, you did a good job here on RF. You got them all tricked!:cool:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
25 jun 2018 stvdv 012 76

NOTE: Intro at 2m33s and Jokes start at 2m50s [normally I copy "play from specific time" but this did not work on RF:oops:]

what if God has the same dead pan humor?

and what if you don't get it?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
25 jun 2018 stvdv 012 79

Ha. I feel so totally misunderstood atheist. I should stop coming to these forums. But then even my coworker thought of me as such. eh.

Last edited:

stvdv

25 jun 2018 stvdv 012 81
what if God has the same dead pan humor?
and what if you don't get it?

Can you maybe explain what you try to convey.
I do not see the link to what I said in the OP

Last edited:

stvdv

25 jun 2018 stvdv 012 82
Ha. I feel such a totally misunderstood atheist. I should stop coming to these forums. But then even my coworker thought of me as such. eh.

Normally misunderstanding starts when humans talk. If we keep mute there is such a great mutual understanding is my experience
[Oops I did it again, again I said already too much. I have been thinking recently "3 month already, maybe time for a RF sabbatical"]

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Can you maybe explain what you try to convey.
I do not see the link to what I said in the OP
over the years I have repeatedly posted....
If God and heaven lack a sense of humor.....I am in BIG trouble

reading the Britannica.....
humor is considered the irrational emotion
I get that

and I suspect God and heaven having made us in THEIR image.....
they too have a sense of humor

so.....at the end of it all.....
the trivia of my life is a joke?

I hope so

cause if God and heaven don't laugh.....

They are going to frown

stvdv

25 jun 2018 stvdv 012 83

I get that

I hope so

They are going to frown
Great I asked for more information. I missed out on these posts of yours, being here just under 3 months.

Once I read about 3 laughing monks. Everyday they laughed. It triggered even anger in depressed people, probably jealousy. Until one fine day, 1 died. Now all people were convinced "Today is the day these 2 won't laugh". When they came out of their house they were dancing with happiness. All people got upset, how inappropriate. When asking them the 2 explained "We have been laughing, the 3 of us, our entire life. If we stopped now, he might get out of his grave to ask us `hey you fools, did you forget the most important lesson of life today`?"

Last edited:

stvdv

25 jun 2018 stvdv 012 85

I get that

I hope so

They are going to frown
God frowning is 1 thing.

God crying his eyes out is of a different level. Ark of Noah would be insufficient:eek:

God thunderous laughing might also be quite destructive:mad:

God having sex, ever thought about that? I mean it is said by Christians "God made us in His image" [lucky for him/us not in rabbit image]:D

So when you believe in God, you better hope He does not get as emotional involved as humans IMHO.
I never thought about God, like you, having all these kind of human emotions. Seems like an unstable universe if your idea is true

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Seems like an unstable universe if your idea is true
chaos......was once the name of a god
more recently the discipline science of random events

picture this ....
place the pencil point on paper....three times at RANDOM locations
label each point...1,2.......3,4.......5,6...

throw a cube of dice

choosing any point....at RANDOM.....
measure half way to the point noted by the cube
throw again
and measure half way to the point noted by the cube

you will always be within the boundaries of the original triangle
marking point as you measure half way with each toss of the cube

hours later....
your collection of dots will blend to show a overlay of triangles
all in proportion to the original triangle.....the corners dealt at RANDOM

maybe you don't see the metaphor....but....
the universe is not unstable

just random

stvdv

25 jun 2018 stvdv 012 87
chaos......was once the name of a god
more recently the discipline science of random events

picture this ....
place the pencil point on paper....three times at RANDOM locations
label each point...1,2.......3,4.......5,6...

throw a cube of dice

choosing any point....at RANDOM.....
measure half way to the point noted by the cube
throw again
and measure half way to the point noted by the cube

you will always be within the boundaries of the original triangle
marking point as you measure half way with each toss of the cube

hours later....
your collection of dots will blend to show a overlay of triangles
all in proportion to the original triangle.....the corners dealt at RANDOM

maybe you don't see the metaphor....but....
the universe is not unstable

just random
I see your point and the metaphor, and that the universe is not unstable but just random. Very clear and this I also believe.

Some people believe human interaction can unbalance the world, I see it a little different. World is quite stable as compared to humans, some random human acts will have no impact on the whole universe. Worst case scenario "Human does so stupid that all goes a bit out of whack, thereby killing himself and the world gets back to normal".

Seen from your picture "Human create some extra random acts, but universe won't get unstable because of that".

Previous post you were talking about a God full of human emotions.
I was just replying to that emotional picture superimposed on "picture given by people about God being bigger than the biggest and if God then is having a thunderous laugh or having sex, the universe would be in trouble". I was just making the point that I do not see God to be like human with all these emotions. So what the Bible states "human was made in image of God" is a strange statement that can give very strange interpretations about "God"

This new picture you showed makes more sense to me than this "God with all kind of emotions".
Thanks for clarifying.