• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Time For The Simpsons To End It All

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One of my favorite Treehouse Of Horror episodes is....
I regularly quote the house....
"Die...die...everybody die."
I also like how the Indian Burial Ground in the
basement has "Mahatma Gandhi" on one of
the gravestones. (Racism at its funniest, eh.)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The Simpsons started out as social commentary. It was push back against all the sugar coated depictions of the American family in the 70s and 80s.

I wonder if anybody bothered to point out to George Bush that in order to find a family like The Waltons you had to go look in some isolated rural backwater back in the 1930s. :p

IMO, the reason the Simpsons is losing ratings is because they're not funny anymore. Simple as that.

And the reason they're not funny anymore is because they've stopped trying to be real.

It's the same thing that happens when a person starts to care more about thier appearance than their convictions: they lose their credibility and become uninteresting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wonder if anybody bothered to point out to George Bush that in order to find a family like The Waltons you had to go look in some isolated rural backwater back in the 1930s. :p
Post #75.
IMO, the reason the Simpsons is losing ratings is because they're not funny anymore. Simple as that.

And the reason they're not funny anymore is because they've stopped trying to be real.

It's the same thing that happens when a person starts to care more about thier appearance than their convictions: they lose their credibility and become uninteresting.
I blame uninspired writing combined with
an agenda of trying to clumsily to be positive.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know, that's what I was responding to (it's a fairly well-known quote).

Point being president Bush's expectations were pretty unrealistic.
Homer isn't that bad a husband...given his mental difficulties.
He loves Marge, & never cheats on her.
Although he is pretty abusive to Bart.